Brad Smith or Braylon Edwards?

Any way you look at it, the Jets just got worse. Braylon > Plaxico at this point in their careers. Double the piss out of Santonio, hopefully Wilson can cover Keller, and Sanchez will have some problems...that is if we can hold them to under "X" amount of yards on the ground.

How did they get worse?

They still have one of the best defenses in the league. Their running game is still amazing and their offensive line is good. They still have Holmes and one of the most underrated TEs in the league in Keller.

Sorry but we'll be battling the Phins for 3rd place again this year.

Anybody who'd want Edwards on the Bills is crazy.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2010/08/cleveland_browns_former_receiv.html

"There's nothing going on in Cleveland," Edwards told the Times. "There's no real estate. There's no social life, no social networking. All the people who have something going on leave Cleveland. So Cleveland has nothing, and I came in there with a New York-type of essence. So what? That was the attitude I came in with. Like, this is who I am. They didn't like the flash."

He actually had no drops last year amazingly. NY media actually praised him for his play last season. So that argument is void. I would also go for Braylon, despite the off-field issues as he would be the most talented receiver on the team. His numbers are deceivingly low as Dirty Sanchez did a great job spreading the ball around with 4 receivers over 50 catches and another over 40 in a run first offense.

Being in the NY area I watched most Jets games last year, and regardless of the official stats, he definitely dropped some balls (including some sure touchdowns.)

That doesn't make any sense. So you would bump Evans or Johnson? In addition it's about need, we don't need another starter. Smith fits into a role. You have to look beyond just Edwards is better than Smith. Edwards also isn't the type of player we like from a character stand point. Lastly he drops way too many balls and has way too big of an attitude, as evidenced by his one year deal and struggle to get on with a team.

I'd take him purely based on his receiver skills, ignoring all his idiotic "things" he does. It's purely hypothetical anyway...blah.

I'm looking forward to seeing Smith make a few plays though! Go Bills.

I can't believe people would prefer to have Edwards over smith. Have you seen Edwards play the last few seasons? I'd rather have David Nelson out there than Edwards. At least there's a chance Nelson will become special. Edwards was very good for a year....then....well.....not so good. With smith, We have a player that can be our wildcat qb, Wr, KR, pr, and gunner on st. He's a player that was LOVED in ny. Braylon was the #1 #2 Wr and the jets could care less that he's gone. My buddies that are jets fans are beyond happy. He's a lot like donte whitner for us. He's talented, but just doesnt seem to know how to get the best out of his abilities.

I'd take brad smith 10 out of 10 days.

Now that is laughable. David Nelson over Braylon Edwards? Hahahahaha! I like Nelson just fine, he was a great UDFA signing. I like what he brings the Bills...and Edwards may have a big mouth, but he also makes some big plays. *Edit: I see the Niners didn't guarantee any of his money...he must be a real ass---- Haha

Edited by cantankerous

Being in the NY area I watched most Jets games last year, and regardless of the official stats, he definitely dropped some balls (including some sure touchdowns.)

It took me forever to find a good stat database that counted drops but the washington post counted 2 braylon drops last year, which is pretty good imo, if that is all.

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/playerstats.asp?id=7179&team=25

Edwards signed for about $1 mil. Just above the veteran minimum. His incentives will likely push it to 2 million if he has a decent year. That's back-up money. He gets the entire 3.5 mil if he catches 90 passes and makes the Pro Bowl, which ain't happening.

I would much prefer Brad Smith, especially with Evans and Stevie on the outside, combined with Roscoe and DNelson on the inside. WRs have to complement each other as a unit, they are not garanimals.