Do You Take a Chance x 2 ??

T master

Let me start out by saying our draft this year is better than any thing Jauron has ever done while at One Bills drive !! Which leads me to the beef of this post !!

I for one am a HUGE M . Jasper fan !! I think he is going to be a very important part of our D for many years , with is athletic ability , size mixed in with his work ethic & strength i don't see how we can go wrong .

But here is my question to you other Bills fans . I know some of you may not be as high on Jasper as I , but do you take a chance & give him a roster spot (which is my vote) & use him as a line man on ST such , as Goal line D , extra points , & so on (here's the x 2) or do you put him on the practice squad where he can be stolen out from under the team .

You know that with his athletic ability & all his other intangibles he is a guy that we should have taken a chance on & with guys like say Bellicheck, & Ryan in our division you just know they would love to scoop up some one with his potential & would given the chance .

So what do you do ?? :blink: As i said earlier in the post , i think a roster spot for what he can do for the team is a small price to pay . I mean come on , we've given Maybin 2 years & look what he's done , give him up to keep this guy , not to mention what has Wang & a few others that have taken up roster space have done for us lately ??

Well there you go that's what i am wondering from you my fellow Bills fans , cause even if you don't think the guy is all that you have to admit he has potential !! :thumbsup:

Edited by T master

Let me start out by saying our draft this year is better than any thing Jauron has ever done while at One Bills drive !! Which leads me to the beef of this post !!

I for one am a HUGE M . Jasper fan !! I think he is going to be a very important part of our D for many years , with is athletic ability , size mixed in with his work ethic & strength i don't see how we can go wrong .

But here is my question to you other Bills fans . I know some of you may not be as high on Jasper as I , but do you take a chance & give him a roster spot (which is my vote) & use him as a line man on ST such , as Goal line D , extra points , & so on (here's the x 2) or do you put him on the practice squad where he can be stolen out from under the team .

You know that with his athletic ability & all his other intangibles he is a guy that we should have taken a chance on & with guys like say Bellicheck, & Ryan in our division you just know they would love to scoop up some one with his potential & would given the chance .

So what do you do ?? :blink: As i said earlier in the post , i think a roster spot for what he can do for the team is a small price to pay . I mean come on , we've given Maybin 2 years & look what he's done , give him up to keep this guy , not to mention what has Wang & a few others that have taken up roster space have done for us lately ??

Well there you go that's what i am wondering from you my fellow Bills fans , cause even if you don't think the guy is all that you have to admit he has potential !! :thumbsup:

Show me the baby.

So what do you do ?? :blink: As i said earlier in the post , i think a roster spot for what he can do for the team is a small price to pay . I mean come on we've given Maybin 2 years & look what he's done give him up to keep this guy not to mention what has Wang & a few others that have taken up roster space done for us lately ??

See what he does in the preseason and see if he is ready to be on the roster....If not put him on the practice squad, If someone else tries to pick him up we have the right to mach there offer.

If anyone tries to sign him to their roster, we have the option of doing the same thing. If he shows the skills to make the team immediately, by all means give him a spot. If not, then send him to the practice squad. If someone does try to scoop him up, and we think he's worth keeping, then we can just sign him instead.

See what he does in the preseason and see if he is ready to be on the roster....If not put him on the practice squad, If someone else tries to pick him up we have the right to mach there offer.

Technically we would not have the right to match the offer, but a player often will extend that courtesy.

Give him 8 mil and make him play all game. OT, NT, Punt returns everything. :w00t: Make him earn it.

Seriously though the Bills made a commitment to him that they would draft if he cut his weight down to a certain point. He did which is tremendous on both sides. His work effort and our credibility in honoring our word. But someone could have grabbed him before us. I say put him on the roster and take no chance on losing him. We do that and he's ours for life if he pans out. Unlike Jason Peters who grew to be to large an ego this gu doesn't strike me like that.

We're cutting Mabyenot so there is a spot for this project Jasper.

Seriously though the Bills made a commitment to him that they would draft if he cut his weight down to a certain point.

That's a nice story but it's not quite what really happened. According to Matt Hand, the Bills' scout:

“I said, ‘Hey Mike I know everybody is telling you they want you to lose 100 pounds, but I’ll make a deal with you. If you can prove to us you’ll get under 400, get to 399 pounds I’ll talk to GM Buddy Nix and see if he’ll let me have a workout with you this spring.’”.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/NT-Jasper-brings-gigantic-intrigue/1441bfd2-c3b5-4aae-a893-c2872093c105

It's premature to make decisions about active roster spot vs. practice squad for anybody right now. I hope he plays great, but let's see how he does in preseason.

Edited by ICanSleepWhenI'mDead

Give him 8 mil and make him play all game. OT, NT, Punt returns everything. :w00t: Make him earn it.

Can you imagine this guy returning punts? Regardless of how fast (or slow) he runs, how many guys would it take to bring him down? ;)