Two Years of Change

It's Bush's Fault!

After two years, ... Here's your change!

January 2009

TODAY

% chg

Source

Avg. Retail price/gallon gas in U.S.

$1.83

$3.95

115.8%

Crude oil, European Brent (barrel)

$43.48

$99.02

127.7%

Crude oil, West TX Inter. (barrel)

$38.74

$91.38

135.9%

Gold: London (per troy oz.)

$853.25

$1,504.50

90.5%

Corn, No..2 yellow, Central IL

$3.56

$6.33

78.1%

Soybeans, No. 1 yellow, IL

$9.66

$13.75

42.3%

Sugar, cane, raw, world, lb. Fob

$13.37

$35.39

164.7%

Unemployment rate, non-farm, overall

7.6%

9.4%

23.7%

Unemployment rate, blacks

12.6%

15.8%

25.4%

Number of unemployed

24.7%

Number of fed. Employees

2.2%

Real median household income

$50,112

$49,777

-0.7%

Number of food stamp recipients

35.1%

Number of unemployment benefit recipients

22.2%

Number of long-term unemployed

146.2%

Poverty rate, individuals

13.2%

14.3%

8.3%

People in poverty in U.S.

9.5%

U.S. Rank in Economic Freedom World Rankings

n/a

Present Situation Index

-21.4%

Failed banks

17.1%

U.S. Dollar versus Japanese yen exchange rate

-8.6%

U.S. Money supply, M1, in billions

18.4%

U.S. Money supply, M2, in billions

6.5%

National debt, in trillions

$10.627

$14.052

32.2%

Just take this last item: In the last two years we have accumulated national debt at a rate more than 27 times as fast as during the rest of our entire nation's history.

Over 27 times as fast. Metaphorically speaking, if you are driving in the right lane doing 65 MPH and a car rockets past you in the left lane.

27 times faster, it would be doing 1755 MPH!

Sources:

(1) U.S. Energy Information Administration; (2) Wall Street Journal; (3) Bureau of Labor Statistics; (4) Census Bureau; (5) USDA; (6) U.S. Dept. Of Labor;

(7) FHFA; (8) Standard & Poor's/Case-Shiller; (9) RealtyTrac; (10) Heritage Foundation and WSJ; (11) The Conference Board; (12) FDIC;

(13) Federal Reserve; (14) U..S. Treasury

THE PRESIDENCY

SOME WILL APPRECIATE THIS AND SOME WILL NOT.

HOWEVER, ALL OF IT IS TRUE.

So, tell me again, what is it about Obama that makes him so brilliant and impressive? Can't think of anything? Don't worry. He's done all this in one half of a term. Unless God intervenes, he’ll have a second half --- but PLEASE, GOD! Don’t give him a second term!

It's Bush's Fault!

After two years, ... Here's your change!

January 2009

TODAY

% chg

Source

Avg. Retail price/gallon gas in U.S.

$1.83

$3.95

115.8%

Crude oil, European Brent (barrel)

$43.48

$99.02

127.7%

Crude oil, West TX Inter. (barrel)

$38.74

$91.38

135.9%

Gold: London (per troy oz.)

$853.25

$1,504.50

90.5%

Corn, No..2 yellow, Central IL

$3.56

$6.33

78.1%

Soybeans, No. 1 yellow, IL

$9.66

$13.75

42.3%

Sugar, cane, raw, world, lb. Fob

$13.37

$35.39

164.7%

Unemployment rate, non-farm, overall

7.6%

9.4%

23.7%

Unemployment rate, blacks

12.6%

15.8%

25.4%

Number of unemployed

24.7%

Number of fed. Employees

2.2%

Real median household income

$50,112

$49,777

-0.7%

Number of food stamp recipients

35.1%

Number of unemployment benefit recipients

22.2%

Number of long-term unemployed

146.2%

Poverty rate, individuals

13.2%

14.3%

8.3%

People in poverty in U.S.

9.5%

U.S. Rank in Economic Freedom World Rankings

n/a

Present Situation Index

-21.4%

Failed banks

17.1%

U.S. Dollar versus Japanese yen exchange rate

-8.6%

U.S. Money supply, M1, in billions

18.4%

U.S. Money supply, M2, in billions

6.5%

National debt, in trillions

$10.627

$14.052

32.2%

Just take this last item: In the last two years we have accumulated national debt at a rate more than 27 times as fast as during the rest of our entire nation's history.

Over 27 times as fast. Metaphorically speaking, if you are driving in the right lane doing 65 MPH and a car rockets past you in the left lane.

27 times faster, it would be doing 1755 MPH!

Sources:

(1) U.S. Energy Information Administration; (2) Wall Street Journal; (3) Bureau of Labor Statistics; (4) Census Bureau; (5) USDA; (6) U.S. Dept. Of Labor;

(7) FHFA; (8) Standard & Poor's/Case-Shiller; (9) RealtyTrac; (10) Heritage Foundation and WSJ; (11) The Conference Board; (12) FDIC;

(13) Federal Reserve; (14) U..S. Treasury

THE PRESIDENCY

SOME WILL APPRECIATE THIS AND SOME WILL NOT.

HOWEVER, ALL OF IT IS TRUE.

So, tell me again, what is it about Obama that makes him so brilliant and impressive? Can't think of anything? Don't worry. He's done all this in one half of a term. Unless God intervenes, he’ll have a second half --- but PLEASE, GOD! Don’t give him a second term!

OH MY GOD!! That is the funniest Bush posting EVER!!! As ridiculous as it is for someone to say it's all Bush's fault, it's just as bad for you to say it's all Obama's fault. Sad thing is that you actually wasted time posting that.

OH MY GOD!! That is the funniest Bush posting EVER!!! As ridiculous as it is for someone to say it's all Bush's fault, it's just as bad for you to say it's all Obama's fault. Sad thing is that you actually wasted time posting that.

So, I wasted time showing how much worse things have gotten in the last couple of years? Don't you care? Aren't you worried about all those poor brethren out there trying to make a go of it? Are you such a cold hearted liberal that straight politics takes precedence over compassion? You worry me pBrain, if you are this complacent who is going to tell the rest of us how and on who we should spend our money?

So, I wasted time showing how much worse things have gotten in the last couple of years? Don't you care? Aren't you worried about all those poor brethren out there trying to make a go of it? Are you such a cold hearted liberal that straight politics takes precedence over compassion? You worry me pBrain, if you are this complacent who is going to tell the rest of us how and on who we should spend our money?

First off, every Democrat is not a liberal. You should know that right?

Secondly of course I care. But to simply blame everything on Obama is flat out stupid. The economic problem our country is in started a LONG time ago. Decisions made by both Bush and Obama have either created problems or are not helping. Hopefully something will help soon. So to place a post like this that blames one side, yes is a waste of time. Something of which is a great example of why nothing gets done in Washington, DC.

If you want to bicker about something bicker about the overall picture... if that's to much go issue by issue. One great place to start is what's going on with the FAA. 74,000 people out of work right now because of politics. Ridiculous.

Secondly of course I care. But to simply blame everything on Obama is flat out stupid. The economic problem our country is in started a LONG time ago. Decisions made by both Bush and Obama have either created problems or are not helping. Hopefully something will help soon. So to place a post like this that blames one side, yes is a waste of time. Something of which is a great example of why nothing gets done in Washington, DC.

If you want to bicker about something bicker about the overall picture... if that's to much go issue by issue. One great place to start is what's going on with the FAA. 74,000 people out of work right now because of politics. Ridiculous.

Is it 74000 now? Number seems to keep going up every time it's reported - at this rate, WTOP's going to be reporting that the entire planet is out of work twice-over because the FAA isn't funded.

It is ridiculous, though.

Decisions made by Carter and Clinton had a lot to do with this economy too. The fact remains that we have gone downhill very fast since the "Annointed One" took office. Wouldn't you agree? Obama and his "big oil" buddies must be in collusion since gas prices have more than doubled in the last two years. I bet he has a deal with the gold miners too. It's possible he might even be in cohoots with the company that prints food stamps! It's probably all the evil Biden's fault though. Maybe Obama is just his little sock puppet and does his bidding.

Of course Obama isn't all to blame. He has had lots of help from his liberal/dem/leftist retards in the first two years of this friggen nightmare. They controlled all the houses.

Is it 74000 now? Number seems to keep going up every time it's reported - at this rate, WTOP's going to be reporting that the entire planet is out of work twice-over because the FAA isn't funded.

It is ridiculous, though.

Last I heard it was 74,000.

Of course Obama isn't all to blame. He has had lots of help from his liberal/dem/leftist retards in the first two years of this friggen nightmare. They controlled all the houses.

Again think bigger... this problem started A LONG time ago. Didn't happen in 2 years.

Decisions made by Carter and Clinton had a lot to do with this economy too. The fact remains that we have gone downhill very fast since the "Annointed One" took office. Wouldn't you agree? Obama and his "big oil" buddies must be in collusion since gas prices have more than doubled in the last two years. I bet he has a deal with the gold miners too. It's possible he might even be in cohoots with the company that prints food stamps! It's probably all the evil Biden's fault though. Maybe Obama is just his little sock puppet and does his bidding.

We could sit here all day long and pick bad policies from President Carter all the way through to Obama. The fact still remains that the true economic slide was starting right before he took office... so again to blame everything on him is dumb.

To play your blame game.... Are you forgetting that gas prices skyrocketed after Katrina and never came back down? Was that Obama's fault? Are you forgetting unfunded wars and tax cuts? Was that lost revenue and spending all Obama's fault? Are you blaming Obama for the Tea Party holding the debt ceiling talks hostage? Blaming Obama for the Republican filibusters in the first two years? I will admit that there are MANY things he hasn't done well. However I will also admit that most of the time he is also fighting back or having his hands tied by the Right.

Point is AGAIN, this country is in it's current state because of MANY bad decisions. Not all of which were Obama's. If you can't see that then you have issues.

We could sit here all day long and pick bad policies from President Carter all the way through to Obama. The fact still remains that the true economic slide was starting right before he took office... so again to blame everything on him is dumb.

To play your blame game.... Are you forgetting that gas prices skyrocketed after Katrina and never came back down? Was that Obama's fault? Are you forgetting unfunded wars and tax cuts? Was that lost revenue and spending all Obama's fault? Are you blaming Obama for the Tea Party holding the debt ceiling talks hostage? Blaming Obama for the Republican filibusters in the first two years? I will admit that there are MANY things he hasn't done well. However I will also admit that most of the time he is also fighting back or having his hands tied by the Right.

Point is AGAIN, this country is in it's current state because of MANY bad decisions. Not all of which were Obama's. If you can't see that then you have issues.

He/she has issues...

WHAT?!?!? A President isn't necessarily responsible for the current economic condition?? When did this start happening?? Apparently it was sometime after Clinton's term since he was responsible for all that "peace and prosperity" back in the '90s.

WHAT?!?!? A President isn't necessarily responsible for the current economic condition?? When did this start happening?? Apparently it was sometime after Clinton's term since he was responsible for all that "peace and prosperity" back in the '90s.

That was different.

<pBills>

Are you blaming Obama for the Tea Party holding the debt ceiling talks hostage? Blaming Obama for the Republican filibusters in the first two years? I will admit that there are MANY things he hasn't done well. However I will also admit that most of the time he is also fighting back or having his hands tied by the Right.

WAAHHH!!!! Not capitulating to anything Dear Leader says = "hostage holding"!! Only having 59 Senators and a big House majority = "hands tied"! How could any President ever lead with such enormous obstacles!!

You are laughably stupid.

WAAHHH!!!! Not capitulating to anything Dear Leader says = "hostage holding"!! Only having 59 Senators and a big House majority = "hands tied"! How could any President ever lead with such enormous obstacles!!

You are laughably stupid.

I know you are but what am I?

<pBills>

No, get your facts straight and quit making **** up.

http://www.eia.gov/oil_gas/petroleum/data_publications/wrgp/mogas_home_page.html