cutting the deficit

why not start here

I can't really take much satisfaction from cutting military. No, I don't want any more wars, but every kid that gets to serve improves him/her, for the most part.So many kids--myself included--got a real chance to grow, live and see the world in the military. I consider it one of our very best social programs we have. Defense contractors and bases provide jobs, military research has led to many innovations and the world has to have cops, rescue services and an international force capable of doing things nothing else can do. Cutting our military will not be a great thing even if that's what's has to happen

I can't really take much satisfaction from cutting military. No, I don't want any more wars, but every kid that gets to serve improves him/her, for the most part.So many kids--myself included--got a real chance to grow, live and see the world in the military. I consider it one of our very best social programs we have. Defense contractors and bases provide jobs, military research has led to many innovations and the world has to have cops, rescue services and an international force capable of doing things nothing else can do. Cutting our military will not be a great thing even if that's what's has to happen

Who are you and what have done with Dave :unsure:

even accepting your argument, wouldn't 32.8% of the worlds military expenditures be enough to accomplish these benefits effectively? didn't see israel on that list but most consider them formidable in their region. are we really getting the value we should from our massive expenditures? we scrutinize waste in other areas much more closely.

Except for maybe the Navy, the harsh cuts are coming. No arm of government wastes more.

No doubt Military spending can and should be cut. I would much rather see cutting that down by a 1/3 if it could save school programs.

Small p,

You are so right because school programs get results. :thumbsup: The military never gets results. :thumbdown:

Edited by ieatcrayonz