2010 Total Tackles

i was looking at total tackles for the 2010 season out of the whole nfl just out of curiosity. and #3 was Poz, #5 was whitner and #29 was akin ayodele. we had 3 guys in the top 30 out of the whole nfl(in tackles) and the bills let all 3 of them go. maybe im making a bigger deal than i should be, but wouldnt resigning atleast 2 of the 3 help the bills defense tremendously? why would they let them go. I understand poz was too expensive, to a point, i mean he was ranked number 3 in the whole nfl in tackles! i think he deserved the money if he stays healthy. but the other 2 we should be signing even if they arent projected starters, they would be good for depth. thoughts?

I agree, man. I thought Poz would have been priority #1 for the FO. I guess they did try to sign him, but not hard enough. I know tons of people are saying how ****ty he is, but he's the best linebacker we got, hes only 26, and he's a proven player on a young team. I am also a Whitner fan. I think he gets a bad rap. Imagine how much more awful our run d would have been if Whitner didn't come up to save an even bigger play and make all those tackles. I hope they try and get Whitner back, so far I haven't heard much about other teams trying to sign him.

When Poz was 1st interviewing before the draft I had good hopes for him being the big prototypical Penn State LB. Then his play and his injuries. I liked when I seen him start making a lot of tackles, then started noticing that while he had good hustle and found the ball plenty, it was always too late. Perhaps with a better front line he would have succeeded more.

If you notice, the Bills as a team have a lot of tackles - lots more than other teams. Either there's an anomaly with the record keeping or the Bills defense is on the field too much because they can't make 3rd down stops.

They give out on average 1.5 per qualifying run or completed pass, which is above average for scorekeepers... On top of long drives meaning more plays.

I always pick bills players for fantasy defensive spots. Great value.

Nix did try to resign him but he is not worth 7.5 million a year, and for 6 years? Besides an over inflated tackle count he never really did anything great while he was in Buffalo, and Barnett is a cheaper upgrade(if not as good) anyways. I feel like I'm just regurgitating stuff everyone has already read or said a million times

If you notice, the Bills as a team have a lot of tackles - lots more than other teams. Either there's an anomaly with the record keeping or the Bills defense is on the field too much because they can't make 3rd down stops.

Yeah, tackles is the worst way to judge defenses and defensive players. http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/stats/byteam?group=Defense&cat=Total&conference=NFL&year=season_2010&sort=104&timeframe=

The best defenses don't have to make a lot of tackles.