NFL Sunday Ticket Online?

I'm thinking about buying NFL Rewind this year. I know NFL.com says games will be available by midnight. When have they been ready to watch since you've subscribed? Was it really midnight Eastern?

Thanks for any info/

It is kind of crazy, because it is the NFL, and they want to protect their broadcasts, you can't access any of the games, while there are nationally televised games on regular tv. So, I remember last year, having to work on Sunday, coming home, crashing a few hours, and then getting up around 9:30pm (10:30 eastern) to watch the Bills game from that day...I couldn't access it, until the Sunday night game on NBC was over. So, it probably is sometime between 11pm-midnight, eastern time. That is kind of a drag, but for me, I really only depend on it once a season, to see a Bills game exclusively. The rest of the season, I go to the bar, watch the game, and then, can access it the rest of the week (or the rest of the season) to re-watch games, or parts...also cool to be able to see other games. I don't have NFL Network (friggin' Time Warner!), so it is invaluable in that regards. I don't use it as much as I imagined I would, but, for $40 a season, I feel like I get my value out of it.

As for image quality, and buffering issues, the picture is pretty nice, better for some games than others. I don't ever recall having buffering issues that were so bad that I couldn't watch a game...occaisionally, last season, I had an issue where there was this strange sort of image changing effect, where at the very center of the screen, you could see, on a microscopic level, where the picture was changing to the next frame. It was a little distracting from time to time, but I kind of got used to it, to where I didn't notice it any more. I am not the most tech savy computer guy, so it may have just been an issue with my computer.

Technically, that's illegal. Back in the '90s I remember this issue came up (my wife and I lived in an apartment at the time and were interested in getting satellite). I don't remember if it was a court decision or FCC rules or Congress, but it was made clear that it was illegal for property owners to prevent tenants from putting up a dish. Doesn't mean they don't continue to try, of course. But technically it is illegal (unless the law has changed again in the past dozen years or so).

I am not so sure...but you did say "technically". I tried to fight this way back, and the law says that an apartment complex (and neighborhood associations, I am guessing) has the right to legislate any areas that are considered a "common area", ie: areas that can be accessed, or seen, by neighbors. At the time, I really wanted to fight it, cuz I wanted that damn NFL Ticket. While I never went so far as to hire a lawyer, or file a lawsuit against my apartment (it wasn't worth it), I was advised by my late brother in-law, a lawyer, that I likely wouldn't be successful in pursuing something like that, the way the law was worded. The apartment complex can define what a "common area" is. Now, this was way back in the late 90's, so, when satalites were not as common. It is possible that apartments may have backed off on this a bit since then...but for me, anyways, I kind of look forward to my trips to the bar every Sunday.

I'm thinking about buying NFL Rewind this year. I know NFL.com says games will be available by midnight. When have they been ready to watch since you've subscribed? Was it really midnight Eastern?

Thanks for any info/

See above! ^

I already signed up for this year!

It archives the preseason games, but only while the preseason is going on. Once the regular season started, I could no longer access preseason games.

Did you sign up for this, via the NFL Rewind site? I go to that site now, and it says it is not currently available.

Edited by Buftex

I feel like last year they offered it to non DirectTV customers... but I just checked the site and it shows you are *required* to have DirectTV account + Regular Sunday Ticket in order to purchase the online Sunday Ticket...

Any way of getting Sunday Ticket Online for non DirectTV customers?

I'm willing to give the NFL money to watch their games, but apparently they are unwilling to take it. :(

I used to google the games last year and most of them you can see for free.I cant give you a site because they come and go,but there are alot of sites that stream the games.

I used to google the games last year and most of them you can see for free.I cant give you a site because they come and go,but there are alot of sites that stream the games.

I know a couple sites, but they are technically illegal. I'd prefer to pay to get the service, but the NFL doesn't seem to want my money. ;)

I know a couple sites, but they are technically illegal. I'd prefer to pay to get the service, but the NFL doesn't seem to want my money. ;)

The FBI has come down hard on those sites. If you can find them on Google so can they. Half the time they won't play for schitt, plus some of these sites force you to download "special players" that just install crap and worse on your computer.

PTR

Last year, you needed to prove to DirecTV that their service was not available at your house to get NFL Sunday Ticket to go.

It doesn't look like that's available as an option this year according to their site. You need to be a DirecTV customer to get Ticket according to this year's FAQ.

Sucks for me...and anyone living in NYC or other cities. Nice move nfl.

When I went home this past weekend to Pittsford, I set up a Pinnacle PCTV To Go box so I can "sling" Bills games (those that are on TV, at least, which should at least be 10 of them) to me in CT. Can't wait!

Thanks! For some reason, I can get in there with that link, but not when I tried to find it via google...very strange.

Sorry it's not working for you. I just tried it again and it's fine for me.

Sorry it's not working for you. I just tried it again and it's fine for me.

No, I am sure it is just my computer. When I accessed it with the link you posted, it worked fine. Don't know why I have that problem sometimes. For instance, when I try to access WGR55 from the link under resources on two bills drive, it never works...but if I go to the Sabres board (Sabrespace)the link works fine...very confusing!

I am not so sure...but you did say "technically". I tried to fight this way back, and the law says that an apartment complex (and neighborhood associations, I am guessing) has the right to legislate any areas that are considered a "common area", ie: areas that can be accessed, or seen, by neighbors. At the time, I really wanted to fight it, cuz I wanted that damn NFL Ticket. While I never went so far as to hire a lawyer, or file a lawsuit against my apartment (it wasn't worth it), I was advised by my late brother in-law, a lawyer, that I likely wouldn't be successful in pursuing something like that, the way the law was worded. The apartment complex can define what a "common area" is. Now, this was way back in the late 90's, so, when satalites were not as common. It is possible that apartments may have backed off on this a bit since then...but for me, anyways, I kind of look forward to my trips to the bar every Sunday.

There's a difference between "common area" (like a lawn) and "exclusive use common area" (like a balcony, patio, or driveway). They can regulate a common area, but they can't regulation an exclusive use common area.

The laws that are being referenced are the FCC's OTARD rules. Details can be found here: http://transition.fcc.gov/mb/facts/otard.html

Lawyers don't always know anything (no offense :) ). I live in a townhome association and the board tried making all sorts of rules against satellite dishes. They even brought in the association's lawyer to draft it up. I ripped his document to little shreds and pointed out that all but one line was completely unenforceable. I showed the lawyer the OTARD rules and he found them very interesting... Glad we're paying him big bucks. :wallbash::wallbash: Anyway, I ended up re-writing the rules (for free) and it's the policy we still have in place here.

They were originally put into place because landlords (and associations) were getting kickbacks from cable companies to force people into buying their service. ie: We'll give you $10,000 if you tell everyone they can't have a dish.

So I began looking into ordering Sunday Ticket without having DirecTV and ran into some strange issues.

First, they used to have information on how to do this here:

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/content/nflstonline/overview

This now redirects to the basic subscribe landing page w/o information on Sunday Ticket only. However on the Google cached version you can see the details:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:bd9Ju-RSAyMJ:www.directv.com/DTVAPP/content/nflstonline/overview+directv.com/NFLSTOnline&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&source=www.google.com

Next, the FAQs reference the ability to sign up for Sunday Ticket w/o DirecTV here:

http://support.directv.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2902/related/1

Which references a new landing page:

http://www.directv.com/NFLSTOnline

This now redirects to the standard subscribe page. I called their customer support and spoke to a rep and manager - both claimed this wasn't possible.

I'm basically going to guess it's just not ready yet for the upcoming season, but it is strange that it's nearly removed from their site entirely.

Edited by disco

Next, the FAQs reference the ability to sign up for Sunday Ticket w/o DirecTV here:

http://support.directv.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2902/related/1

Which references a new landing page:

http://www.directv.com/NFLSTOnline

This now redirects to the standard subscribe page. I called their customer support and spoke to a rep and manager - both claimed this wasn't possible.

I'm basically going to guess it's just not ready yet for the upcoming season, but it is strange that it's nearly removed from their site entirely.

I did it last year. Their sales reps are woefully ignorant.

Whether it's available this year, no idea but I hope so.

Last year, they had a reference to it on the web page but didn't have the sign up for it until 2 weeks before the season. By then, I'd had 2 installers at my house to confirm it could not be installed.

By the way, their website also says that NFL Sunday Ticket must be purchased to get Ticket to Go

http://support.directv.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1814

"No. A subscription to NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ is required for NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ To-Go."

So there is contradictory stuff on their website.

Edited by Peace

There's a difference between "common area" (like a lawn) and "exclusive use common area" (like a balcony, patio, or driveway). They can regulate a common area, but they can't regulation an exclusive use common area.

The laws that are being referenced are the FCC's OTARD rules. Details can be found here: http://transition.fcc.gov/mb/facts/otard.html

Lawyers don't always know anything (no offense :) ). I live in a townhome association and the board tried making all sorts of rules against satellite dishes. They even brought in the association's lawyer to draft it up. I ripped his document to little shreds and pointed out that all but one line was completely unenforceable. I showed the lawyer the OTARD rules and he found them very interesting... Glad we're paying him big bucks. :wallbash::wallbash: Anyway, I ended up re-writing the rules (for free) and it's the policy we still have in place here.

They were originally put into place because landlords (and associations) were getting kickbacks from cable companies to force people into buying their service. ie: We'll give you $10,000 if you tell everyone they can't have a dish.

I guess, in the end, it depends on how much time, not to mention money, you want to invest in your right to watch tv! I am not really in the position to move some place, simply because they allow satellite dishes, and I am not sure I would care enough to pursue the legal avenues it would take, to pusue fighting my apartment management. In the end, maybe because our team hasn't been all that great as of late, I realize, going to the bar on Sundays, hanging out with like-minded Bills fans (like-minded as far as the Bills go anyways :lol: ) makes following the Bills more fun for me...

I checked in on this last year.

The Preseason live package is what it implies, preseason games (that are not being televised already) live.

During the regular season, there is no live online service available in the US. The best you can do is the NFL Rewind, which will let you view all of the games after they have been played, typically available in 24 hours after the game.

EDIT: I wasn't aware of the Sunday Ticket thing. #350 is a bit pricey, but I like to watch more than the Bills.

It's not a 24 hour delay. You have to wait till midnight before the Sunday games come available to view. Not sure about Thursday night games, etc. Video quality is decent, but not great. Definitely worth the $39.99 to $49.99 they charge for it.

It's not a 24 hour delay. You have to wait till midnight before the Sunday games come available to view. Not sure about Thursday night games, etc. Video quality is decent, but not great. Definitely worth the $39.99 to $49.99 they charge for it.

Good to know. I wouldn't typically check until I got home from work the next day. It's 39.99 right now, 29.99 if you order the preseason package (at least that's the offer I have).

Good to know. I wouldn't typically check until I got home from work the next day. It's 39.99 right now, 29.99 if you order the preseason package (at least that's the offer I have).

Just went and got both, pre-season and regular season, $49.98...good deal! Thanks for the heads up on the extra discount to subscribe to both. :thumbsup:

I wasn't sure if I would buy the pre-season package, cuz I would only watch the Bills on it, but, for, essentially, $10, it is worth it.

Edited by Buftex

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I'm thinking about getting this.

Please clarify: If the Bills play on Sunday September 11, that game can be viewed starting...?

And are they still running the pre-season/regular-season package deal?