Marcus Easley's Knee Again?

Ugh.

I'm actually okay with the depth we have at WR (Johnson, Evans, Parrish, and Nelson are a good top-4, with Brad Smith figuring in somewhere), so I say we don't rush him back, and let him get 100%.

There's a lot of talent here. Good depth. With a good scheme they could be great.

The knee "tweak" is disappointing to see. Hopefully it's nothing serious, but we won't know for a few days at least.

One name to keep an eye out for though is UDFA WR Kamar Aiken out of UCF. He's looked good so far. He's 6'1" 213# and ran a 4.45.

The knee "tweak" is disappointing to see. Hopefully it's nothing serious, but we won't know for a few days at least.

One name to keep an eye out for though is UDFA WR Kamar Aiken out of UCF. He's looked good so far. He's 6'1" 213# and ran a 4.45.

4.45 is not all that fast for a receiver. Hell Josh Reed ran 4.48, and I as a D-III decathlete went 4.49.

It's not blazing, but it's definitely fast. Few WR's run in the 4.3s.

At Indy on the turf, you correct. But his 4.45 was not at Indy and likely was on a track. Every WR worth his weight in King Midas's Gold should be able to run sub 4.4 on their pro day.

Great might be a stretch, especially with a mediocre quarterback, but productive they could be.

Well, we only have one year to base things on, and a tough year at that. New Coach, New system, the journeyman backup QB gets promoted to first string, only two receivers with any significant playing time (Evans & Parrish) and the rest very young or even rookies (a lot of undrafted ones no less)...

And yet they sure looked good. Parish looked like a WR and was making plays (including some impressive catches) Johnson broke out and had a very good year for a WR. Our rookies came in as injury replacements and looked good and had some production.

With young guys you never know if they can continue to improve. Sometimes you get Steve Johnson but more often you get Ko Simpson.

I think that our young WRs have shown the potential to be great but we're a LONG way from saying they are great. But I think they could be.

While he may turn into a decent WR, lets not get carried away. This wasn't Andre Johnson tearing up his knee in his first NFL training camp. It was a 4th round pick from UConn.

I'm always amazed at the hype that is given to guys who have yet to do anything at the NFL level.

Please. Did you even see what Pat White did at WV??

At Indy on the turf, you correct. But his 4.45 was not at Indy and likely was on a track. Every WR worth his weight in King Midas's Gold should be able to run sub 4.4 on their pro day.

You can definitely shave-off a few hundredths of a second at your Pro Day. But I'll still say that 4.45 is fast, especially for a 6'1" 213# receiver.