Bills Shopping Lee Evans?

Well, what's write is write.

Too writes make a wong.

In terms of trading Lee. I'm all for it. It's telling that Fizpatrick has chosen to throw more to guys like TO and Stevie over Lee the last two seasons. I'm in a rush but I just did a quick look and it appears he's had 12 100 yard receiving games over 109 NFL games. Far from great for a "#1 WR".

Too writes make a wong.

In terms of trading Lee. I'm all for it. It's telling that Fizpatrick has chosen to throw more to guys like TO and Stevie over Lee the last two seasons. I'm in a rush but I just did a quick look and it appears he's had 12 100 yard receiving games over 109 NFL games. Far from great for a "#1 WR".

another excellent post....it's really hard to continue arguing how great of a wide receiver, or how valuable he is to the team with stats like that. I had no idea he's had 12 100 yard receiving games in 109 games.

If I had to throw an example, I would use Steve Smith. He has been the ONLY receiving threat on the Panther teams for years, and no matter what, the guy continued to produce, and not just produce, but dominate. and the guy is like 5'2. Name one viable receiving threat for the panthers in the last 5 years, other than Muhsin Muhammad, who was well past his prime...

The bottom line is, Lee Evans is a #2 receiver at best. Don't get me wrong, nobody wants him to succeed more than me, but he's just average...

OK. Name another receiver in the NFL who is really good and puts up pedestrian numbers. The reason Stevie Johnson put up better numbers last year is because HE IS BETTER. Despite the fact that he has some growing up to do, he is ridculously good at creating space. Name another example in the NFL where there is a receiver who puts up TWICE the numbers as another receiver on his team despite the fact that the other guy is actually a better receiver. You could put Felton Huggins and Paul Hubbard in a 3 receiver set with an actual elite receiver and he'll still put up big numbers. Stop enabling him. If Stevie Johnson gave all his credit to Lee Evans, he is just being polite and paying homage to the veteran.

You must be forgetting that Lee Evans scares Bill Belichick ****less. :thumbsup:

You must be forgetting that Lee Evans scares Bill Belichick ****less. :thumbsup:

Right because Bill Belichick is someone who is going to say, "actually we're not really that concerned with Lee Evans." I think you were being sarcastic anyway. Throughout all the thrashings over the years, he always talks about the Bills and I'm sure every other team they play like they're super bowl contenders. That's why he's Bill Belichick.

Right because Bill Belichick is someone who is going to say, "actually we're not really that concerned with Lee Evans." I think you were being sarcastic anyway. Throughout all the thrashings over the years, he always talks about the Bills and I'm sure every other team they play like they're super bowl contenders. That's why he's Bill Belichick.

Well, yes, I was being a tad sarcastic... ;)

Andre Reed was on GR yesterday. He follows the Bills very closely, and knows a thing or two about receiving. He said Lee Evans is clearly the Bills #1 receiver. He's watching Stevie Johnson closely, and hopes he can have a similar year to last year, but Evans is the #1 guy.

Lee Evans is are best WR, Steve Johnson is good but that was for one season

Evans is consistent & his number would show that if he wasn't double team every week & Brad Smith is good but he not a 2nd maybe not a 3rd WR

Smith is a guy you give the ball to 4 to 5 times a game to make a play, he not an every down guy

Exactly, nothing against Stevie Johnson but so what he had one good year, Lee Evans is always consistent.

If Stevie Johnson has another 1000 yard season than i put him in the Evans category, if FITZMAGIC starts the whole season, Evans with have a good season.

And by the end of the season Maybin and Smith, will be the best waterboys in the NFL