Dont Be Too Quick To Re-Sign Our Own FA

Why resign Drayton Florence and spend money on a mid-level CB when the Bills are 38 million under the salary cap (under the new CBA agreement).

Nnamdi stats last year at first glance are deceiving, (how can a star CB have no INTs) but it is because Nobody throws his way. He gave up just 10, YES TEN!!!!!, completions out of only 27!!! passes thrown his way last year and is consistantly the least thrown at CB for the past 4+ yrs. And he did not give up a single touchdown all year.

I know he is the same age as Drayton and no doubt will cost more but if we are gonna sign a 30 yr old CB why wouldnt we take Nnamdi. He would also be a great teacher to Arron Williams and the other younger DB's. And most important we actually can AFFORD him.

2nd choice- Jonathan Joseph CIN

As for a 3-4 DE the market is not good. I wouldnt mind singing Cullen Jenkins as he is a veteran DE that excells in the 3-4 but he is older and slightly injury prone and will definetly be in high demand and could cost too much for a 30 year old. I would rather have someone like Marcus Spears who is also a vet in the 3-4 and would cost less.

2nd choice- Someone like Brandon Mebane from Sea who is a DT but athletic enough to play a 3-4 DE.

Sadly I believe that Donte Whitner's time should be up in Buffalo. I love the guy and his great attitude towards the Bills franchise, but he needs to go somewhere else. I dont think a big name S is needed especially with the rookies we drafted. But someone like Tom Zbikowski BAL or Daniel Manning CHI would be a nice replacement.

2nd choice- Brandon McGowan or Gerald Sensabaugh

Finally and this is more of a luxury signing as we have some legit WR's already under contract. But if we could add someone like Legedu Naanee or Mike Sims-Walker; WR's who are tall and can go up to get the jump ball. This would add a weapon to the offense that Buffalo has unsucessfuly tried repeatedly to add since Eric Moulds left.

GO BILLS!

I sure am glad that you aren't making decisions at OBD. Nmadi Asomugha....really!?!? You know we just drafted a CB in the 2nd round right?

Focus on re-signing our own players (not just Poz, Florence, & Whitner....but Steve Johnson, Kyle Williams, Wood, & Levitre) and build through the draft. Breaking the bank for top-tier free agents is just not in the cards for the Bills right now...we are not at that stage in the rebuilding process just yet. Patience :thumbsup:

I sure am glad that you aren't making decisions at OBD. Nmadi Asomugha....really!?!? You know we just drafted a CB in the 2nd round right?

Focus on re-signing our own players (not just Poz, Florence, & Whitner....but Steve Johnson, Kyle Williams, Wood, & Levitre) and build through the draft. Breaking the bank for top-tier free agents is just not in the cards for the Bills right now...we are not at that stage in the rebuilding process just yet. Patience :thumbsup:

Yeah. I agree. We just have too many questions throughout the team to believe that spending a lot on one player is going to fix the last one. We have a lot of unproven youngsters than can fill almost every hole we have. They can also prove that they aren't up to the task. If that's the case why blow big bucks on one hole when it might be just fine without him while having tons of other holes & a 6-10 record... Not exactly money well spent.

That's the type of play you make when you're a contender. Not a hopetender.

I think credit needs to be given to the idea of going big. Even if namdi isn't the choice. Instead, the Bills will resign some of their own and then overpay 10 players instead of vastly overpaying one. And next year they'll have to cut 8 of the 10. While the one they didn't bother paying will go on to mutliple pro bowls and anchor his team at a valuable position for 5 years.

We know what we have in Drayton and I don't see (or have an opinion on) the Bills spending top dollar for a corner like Asomugha at this point. If they do, they do. Here's the minimum that I think they need to address in trades and FA:

They only have 5 corners (not including Whitner) and probably will go out and get at least two more corners if not three or four (they had 9 corners on the roster for 2010 camp), a backup QB, possibly a tight end, another tackle or two (either side depending on available guys), maybe a wide receiver (after Hubbard's arrest), a couple of linebackers, another running back, a safety, and maybe a kicker and special teamer.

I agree about the pick of DE's and don't see them going after a DE this year unless injuries happen.

I agree about the wide receiver and that Donte probably won't be a Bill this year.

Abandoning our own free agents is a dangerous concept.

I see all these posts about who we should pick up in free agency, and what everyone forgets is that we can't make free agents come here. Even if we offer more money than everyone else we still can't make them come here. Jenkins played for the world champions last year - you think he's going to choose Buffalo if he has offers from winning teams, even if they are a few hundred thousand less? Until the reputation and results of this team improve, we will be stuck competing for the free agents who have to choose between offers from Cleveland, Jacksonville and Buffalo. Unfortunately, we are a second class franchise at the moment. We can't pay enough for top tier free agents to come here. Buddy looking at free agents numbered 70 on down is smart - why waste time on guys who won't come here anyway.

Improve the team, draft well and win a few games, and maybe we can shoot for free agent #40 next year.

And why would they be looking at DE's at all? Because they are ready to give up on both their top FA signing from last year (Dwan Edwards) and last year's 3rd round pick (Carrington) after one year??

Or is it that we were already marking down Dareus as a bust? I mean, it's true he hasn't done anything for us yet, but I was going to give him at least a few pre-season games before I started screaming to replace him at DE.

OL, LB.

Stop with this nonsense.

LB was addressed in the draft + Batten + Merriman.

TE has yet to be addressed seriously in years. There's some nonsense for you.

If they wanted to make a big splash in FA they should dump whatever it takes to get Miller.

Edited by BobChalmers

We don't abandon our free agents - they simply don't want to play in Buffalo. It is not like we don't want these NFL-caliber players on our team. It isn't that we don't want Miller or Asamouga or Clabo or any of the top 60 free agents. They just don't want us :(