"The Amazing Spider-Man" Trailer

Mark Vader

He declined when it was offered. As did Tobey.

That's not true...Raimi was on board for a Spiderman 4 but Sony wanted to fast track the film for the summer of 2011. Raimi found that unreasonable so he cancelled his project. Maguire and the other actors determined that if Raimi wasn't directing it, they weren't interested so they all dropped out of it shortly after.

http://www.deadline.com/2010/01/urgent-spider-man-4-scrapped-as-is-raimi-and-cast-out-franchise-reboot-planned/

For those wondering why Spiderman 3 was so terrible, look no further than Sony's involvement (MEDDLING) with the film. This film will blow all sorts of chunks. It's EMO Spiderman to the maxx.

It's definitely way too early for a reboot. It's so soon that it looks like they phased any Osborns completely out of it. I'm not a big Spiderman guy, but that doesn't seem right to me at all.

Too soon for a reboot. Why not give Rami a chance to rebound from the abortion that was spiderman 3

And Spiderman 1 and Spiderman 2.

That entire streak was terrible. The special effects in those were horrible. The GreenGoblin was in an immovable mask straight from K Mart. I know it made tons of cash but those movies blew.

The studios keep rebooting because the creation story is always the best one. Only Nolan's Batman seems to be bucking that trend, although the next movie appears to be going the "superhero retires, world needs his help" route.

Edited by Peace

I know the first Hulk movie really sucked so they remade it... The first Spider-Man movie wasn't THAT bad...

I thought this movie was going back in time to take place between 1 and 2, not completely re-do 1 to look like a video game.

That's not true...Raimi was on board for a Spiderman 4 but Sony wanted to fast track the film for the summer of 2011. Raimi found that unreasonable so he cancelled his project. Maguire and the other actors determined that if Raimi wasn't directing it, they weren't interested so they all dropped out of it shortly after.

http://www.deadline.com/2010/01/urgent-spider-man-4-scrapped-as-is-raimi-and-cast-out-franchise-reboot-planned/

For those wondering why Spiderman 3 was so terrible, look no further than Sony's involvement (MEDDLING) with the film. This film will blow all sorts of chunks. It's EMO Spiderman to the maxx.

So ... In other words, Raimi declined. As did Tobey.

I know the first Hulk movie really sucked so they remade it...

I only saw bits and pieces of it, but that wasn't really a reboot, was it? I thought they were continuing on from the first one, but with an entirely different cast and crew.

And Spiderman 1 and Spiderman 2.

That entire streak was terrible. The special effects in those were horrible. The GreenGoblin was in an immovable mask straight from K Mart. I know it made tons of cash but those movies blew.

The studios keep rebooting because the creation story is always the best one. Only Nolan's Batman seems to be bucking that trend, although the next movie appears to be going the "superhero retires, world needs his help" route.

I disagree completely. While the first Spider-Man movie has it's faults and shortcomings, Spider-Man 2 was damn good. The story was better, Alfred Molina was great as Dr. Octopus and the effects were top-notch.