Top 5 most underrated cities

That's awesome what they said about Blo...just a little more of a push for me to move back.

I"m also pretty excited at what they said about my adopted home town of Jan Brady Town...aka Philly, PA!

"Part of Philadelphia's growth comes from drawing people who appreciated the city's culture, art, nightlife and affordability compared with Northeast Corridor neighbors such as New York and Washington, D.C., and it's a big part of the reason Philadelphia's median age dropped from 36.5 in 2000 to 34.2 in 2010. Combine that with a GDP that jumped from $309 billion in 2006 to $335 billion last year without any recession slump, and you've got the blueprint for a cool city's comeback."

:thumbsup:

The current recession, although I wouldn't call it a good thing for country, hasn't actually been all that bad for Buffalo. The bottom line is that now days no job market is safe. Some may be more stable than others (NYC, LA, Dallas, Washington, Houston etc.) but for the most part the price of living is now a serious aspect of a region's success. And for cities like Buffalo who are beginning to realize that their potential lies in the universities and health care buisnesses, the low taxes in the region I'm sure will help keep Buffalo as a viable metro area.

The current recession, although I wouldn't call it a good thing for country, hasn't actually been all that bad for Buffalo. The bottom line is that now days no job market is safe. Some may be more stable than others (NYC, LA, Dallas, Washington, Houston etc.) but for the most part the price of living is now a serious aspect of a region's success. And for cities like Buffalo who are beginning to realize that their potential lies in the universities and health care buisnesses, the low taxes in the region I'm sure will help keep Buffalo as a viable metro area.

What? Compared to whom?

What? Compared to whom?

What you said. Taxes in WNY are terrible.

If Upstate broke away from NYC and was able to lower taxes significantly, Buffalo would thrive. But that will never happen. Taxes will continue to go up and people will continue to go out.

Buffalo may be underrated now but it will be super hot in about 50-75 years simply because it sits on a huge commodity....a large fresh water lake. That's a big deal and if you read studies about it, people generations from now will be flocking to areas that have a plentiful fresh water supply.

Buffalo may be underrated now but it will be super hot in about 50-75 years simply because it sits on a huge commodity....a large fresh water lake. That's a big deal and if you read studies about it, people generations from now will be flocking to areas that have a plentiful fresh water supply.

All the more reason the Great Lake states should fight any attempt to divert water to the desert southwest. Those regions were built with water projects made with government (read: our) money (though the rednecks there won't admit it.) If they start running dry they'll start squealing for Uncle Sam to bail 'em out. I say let 'em bake.

PTR