Mike Leach writes of firing in book

None of his QBs find success in the NFL. They simply aren't well prepared, despite their gaudy numbers, for the complexity of the game. Leach was fine for TT.

I'm sure that's exactly what Graham Harrell says every time he stares at his Superbowl ring.

Hate to say it, but big football programs aren't interested in a 79 percent graduation rate. I doubt Leach would change his game at such a school anyway. He played the same way year after year no matter what players he had. And TT is still getting some "4 star recruits". This year they already have 3 of the ESPN top 150.

They're getting those recruits thanks to the program Leach built. We'll soon see what Tubes can do with 'em, and if he can continue to move the program forward. If not, I doubt top prospects will continue to find TT as attractive as they did when The Pirate swung his sword.

I'm sure that's exactly what Graham Harrell says every time he stares at his Superbowl ring.

They're getting those recruits thanks to the program Leach built. We'll soon see what Tubes can do with 'em, and if he can continue to move the program forward. If not, I doubt top prospects will continue to find TT as attractive as they did when The Pirate swung his sword.

I assume you're joking about Harrell, who got a ring for the sane reason their equipment manager got one, only the equipment guy was on the field more.

No doubt Graham and rob Johnson are showing their SB rings every weekend to girls who don't believe them.

Leach's uqnigue type of offense stressing passing has been extremely successful. If you factor in that his program isn't studded with four star prospects then you would have to acknowledge that his program has been resoundingly successful.

Don't worry. He won't.

So the measure of a good college coach is whether or not his QBs find success in the NFL? Absurd. Like you said, Leach was fine for TT and, based on that, would be fine for other college programs.

It doesn't matter if big football programs aren't interested in a high graduation rate. That's nothing new. The key is that, like some of the biggest college programs in the country, Leach enjoyed success on the field AND having his players graduate. You make it sound like it's a negative aspect of his coaching experience. Imagine, college football players that actually play well, win, AND graduate. That Leach is a bastard, isn't he?

Yes, he played the same way year after year and had winning seasons year after year. Isn't that the mark of a good coach? Not sure where you're going with that remark.

GO BILLS!!!

His claim to fame at TT was his passing offense. Where am I going? I am disagreeing with the premise that this monolithic approach would lead to the ultimate success at a top program "studded with 4 star prosects". Speaking of which, a team like Boise State wasn't loaded with blue chippers either. Maybe Leach had so few of these 4 stars sign on because he had a reputation as a lazy recruiter. Tuberville doesn't seem to have as trouble bringing them in to TT so far.

The fact is he has had a number of top NCAA passing QBs over the years and none have had success at the next level. None. What is he teaching them?

I compared him to Kelly because many call Leach's pass only game "innovative", but if you watched Oregon, you would see something completely different. He was forcing opposing teams to completely change the way they approach defense. Leach didn't care about defense.

The graduation rate is nice but it's not what we're talking about. Leach was fine for TT, no doubt. But I can't assume you can plug him into Michigan or USC or ND or OSU with his style of play and have him succeed.

Leach for years got to read how he was a "genius", but it turns out he was a one trick pony. Despite his genius, he made a stupid mistake and blew a sweet deal he had there in Lubbock. Now he is left to publish a book and rehash this whole pathetic story. Why? He hasn't made his side of the story ad nauseum already?

His claim to fame at TT was his passing offense. Where am I going? I am disagreeing with the premise that this monolithic approach would lead to the ultimate success at a top program "studded with 4 star prosects". Speaking of which, a team like Boise State wasn't loaded with blue chippers either.

It's amusing how you work so hard at denying the success of Leach as the HC of TT when his record is so demonstratively positive. Does he have a particular style of coaching and philosophy? Of course. So do Woody Hayes, Bo Schembeckler, Paul Brown, Walsh etc. So what is your point? Is his brand of coaching and philosophy suitable for every college? No, because there is no one philosophy that is appropriate for all colleges. One glaring example is the former coach of West Virginia, Rodgriquez, tried to bring his style of offense to Michigan. The results were brutally bad.

Maybe Leach had so few of these 4 stars sign on because he had a reputation as a lazy recruiter. Tuberville doesn't seem to have as trouble bringing them in to TT so far.

Again, you are twisting a positive into a negative to correspond to your distored thinking. Leach recruited prospects who had to be able to handle the academic responsibilities of the university he coached at. That isn't always the case in big time football factories. It certainly isn't the case at Texas, Oklamhoma, Oregon, USC etc. What are the odds that Tuberville's graduation rate will be less than Leach's impressive graduation rate? If you want to criticize Leach for his impressive graduation rates then go ahead and do so. For what purpose? Who knows?

I'm not making the argument that Leach is suitable for all types of programs. He clearly is not. So what. No coach is necessarily suitable for every type of football and academic. environment

The fact is he has had a number of top NCAA passing QBs over the years and none have had success at the next level. None. What is he teaching them?

He is teaching them to win at the college level where he is coaching them. What more do you want?

Don't worry. He won't.

If you say up he will say down. If you say the car was travelling east he will say it went west. If you say Brady's wife is beautiful he will say she is ugly. He is a recalcitrant.LOL

His claim to fame at TT was his passing offense. Where am I going? I am disagreeing with the premise that this monolithic approach would lead to the ultimate success at a top program "studded with 4 star prosects". Speaking of which, a team like Boise State wasn't loaded with blue chippers either. Maybe Leach had so few of these 4 stars sign on because he had a reputation as a lazy recruiter. Tuberville doesn't seem to have as trouble bringing them in to TT so far.

I compared him to Kelly because many call Leach's pass only game "innovative", but if you watched Oregon, you would see something completely different. He was forcing opposing teams to completely change the way they approach defense. Leach didn't care about defense.

The graduation rate is nice but it's not what we're talking about. Leach was fine for TT, no doubt. But I can't assume you can plug him into Michigan or USC or ND or OSU with his style of play and have him succeed.

Leach for years got to read how he was a "genius", but it turns out he was a one trick pony. Despite his genius, he made a stupid mistake and blew a sweet deal he had there in Lubbock. Now he is left to publish a book and rehash this whole pathetic story. Why? He hasn't made his side of the story ad nauseum already?

Holy convolution Batman!

GO BILLS!!!