Low budget Free Agency

I know that most people on the board including me would like free agents like Zach Miller and Tyson Clabo- but I would like to put out there some lower profile free agents.

Ryan Harris RT Denver- not the biggest guy but a good zone run blocker and pass protector

Manny Lawson SF OLB - the Bills have lots of players at OLB we hope will play great but little proven, Lawson while not the greatest sack artist has played at an NFL level and puts a floor under our OLBs

Marcel Reece FB Oak - I'm not a fan of the FB position but the Bills use one - Marcel Reece is a good run blocker and a very good pass catcher out of the back field.

Dave Thomas TE NO- a very versatile player- NO really wants to keep him, Thomas says wants to stay but he's going to test the market anyways and money talks.

I am happy with our FB situation and wouldn't waste any money on bringing in a FA but Thomas is worth pursuing!

We need ilb more than another average olb.

As for RT, if we don't pay through the nose he'd be worth having in the mix but I think the coaching staff was pleased with what they saw of Pears last year (frankly, I didn't see any problems on the right side once he stepped in that an off season learning the offense won't resolve) and Hairston looks like he will be able to step in too!

I know that most people on the board including me would like free agents like Zach Miller and Tyson Clabo- but I would like to put out there some lower profile free agents.

Ryan Harris RT Denver- not the biggest guy but a good zone run blocker and pass protector

Manny Lawson SF OLB - the Bills have lots of players at OLB we hope will play great but little proven, Lawson while not the greatest sack artist has played at an NFL level and puts a floor under our OLBs

Marcel Reece FB Oak - I'm not a fan of the FB position but the Bills use one - Marcel Reece is a good run blocker and a very good pass catcher out of the back field.

Dave Thomas TE NO- a very versatile player- NO really wants to keep him, Thomas says wants to stay but he's going to test the market anyways and money talks.

I think Harris is probably our guy, but I could be wrong. There were a lot of rumors that we were highly interested, and pushed for a trade....

Dave thomas is reliable depth but not a full time starter.

We already have our FB

I think Harris is probably our guy, but I could be wrong. There were a lot of rumors that we were highly interested, and pushed for a trade....

Dave thomas is reliable depth but not a full time starter.

We already have our FB

Who- I know we have a FB, is that the criteria?- because then we don't need anyone.

they re-signed corey mc to one of the better FB contracts in the league last year.

yeah I know and he's a pretty good special teams player but at FB he's an adequate blocker and that's it- so they're overpaying the guy, that's no reason to keep him - all you're on the hook for is the signing bonus.

Edited by ....lybob

Good list, although I think that we have a decent full back. Still think there should be another backup MLB brought into the mix. Even if Poz is resigned, he is going to be good for 2-4 missed games, Sheppard is a rookie, and Davis is older.

I think that Harris and Thomas would be filling the two biggest needs on the offense. Lawson and another MLB would at least add depth to the defenses weakest unit.

Although Harris, Thomas, and Lawson would be mid-level guys that would require some decent sized money. I would love for Nix and company to spend the money, its not drastic big money, but its some decent sized contracts.