Tyson Clabo

Frez

According to Jason La Canfora on NFL network tonight, the Falcons anticipate the Bills and Seahawks to target Clabo in FA. So there ya go.

That would be nice if the Bills can land this guy.

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on July 12, 2011, 4:49 PM EDT

Way back in February, we said the Falcons would only be able to keep two of their three starting free agent offensive linemen at best. It appears they are ready for two of three to leave.

Jason La Canfora writes via sources that the Falcons “figure” guard Harvey Dahl and tackle Tyson Clabo will get big deals elsewhere, and are “prepared for contingencies” for both leaving.

Translation: They don’t expect to keep them.

Left guard Justin Blalock wasn’t mentioned and will presumably be retained if at all possible. The Falcons have drafted heavily on the offensive line the last two years to prepare for this day, and apparently trust their system and young players enough to let Clabo and Dahl walk.

Edited by Frez

Analysts always say the Bills are looking to upgrade the OL because it is has been weak. Analysts are really saying the Bills SHOULD BE interested in Clabo - then they'll pan the Bills when they don't go after him. (We see it every year.) The Bills have to be more calculating, they don't have Pegula-money, so they won't take Sabre-like chances.

I doubt they'll go after an OL in FA. The Bills seem happy with what they have. They feel Bell will be MUCH stronger this year because all he had to do was train for the upcoming season, whereas last year he could only rehab his injury - no strength training . . . ditto for Wood. RT? they believe they have the mix of Vets and the rookie to handle that spot. So I don't see the Bills going OL in FA.

I think they also believe their TE's are good enough. They expect Nelson to grow and have Chandler in case he doesn't. I would love Miller (and still hope they go after him), but I don't see it happening.

The Bills need to re-sign Poz & Florence. If they don't, the additions they make elsewhere will be offset by their losses - - with no net gain, the Bills will not be able to improve if they constantly add two, lose two, etc. Poz may not be an all-star, but he's on the cusp - a solid core-guy. If the Bills want to upgrade their LB's (& defense) as many teams do (see Giants), Poz is the best LB in FA. He must be re-signed!

I think the Bills will try and sign a FA QB (I hope Vince Young) and maybe LB help. We'll be lucky to see one new face via FA.

I'd much rather not bring in three or four free agents, and just take all that money we would pay mediocre talent and put it towards overpaying (if need be) for a few really good talents. Less is more, in that regard, for me. And, let the holes created by not adding a few mediocre free agents (like the group of linebackers we brought in last year, who didn't really add much to our team) be filled with rookies and young guys, so we can at least see how they actually fare, and let them develop,

A-freakin-men!

with all the talk of RT, LT isn't exactly a strong suit either. Knowing the Bills they wont go after any tackles in free agency but Doug Free would be the perfect bookend with Claybo and would show the players and fans that we are serious about improving and more importantly actually have a great line. I think the FO puts to much stock in marginal players hopefully getting better than getting proven players that are good.

Sturm's Cowboys analysis: Doug Free could be NFL's third-best LT

DOUG FREE

Position: Left Tackle

Size: 6'6, 320

College: Northern Illinois

Drafted: Round 4, #122 – 2007

Experience: 4 seasons

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dallas-cowboys/headlines/20110118-sturm_s-cowboys-analysis-doug-free-could-be-nfl_s-third-best-lt.ece

WHOA THERE BUDDY! Don't you know that Bell is a probowler? That is why we could let the other probowl player go. Bringing in a LT would be an admission that Bell is and never was the goods.

Tyson should be Buffalo's #1 priority in free agency if it ever happens. He could help our team immensely in this up and coming year.

He is a classy guy and would be good for Buffalo.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/jim_trotter/01/11/tyson-clabo-falcons/index.html

Get er Done! :thumbsup:

The world is a better place because of people like Ryan Clabo !! And would be a welcome addition to The Bills !!

Analysts always say the Bills are looking to upgrade the OL because it is has been weak. Analysts are really saying the Bills SHOULD BE interested in Clabo - then they'll pan the Bills when they don't go after him. (We see it every year.) The Bills have to be more calculating, they don't have Pegula-money, so they won't take Sabre-like chances.

I doubt they'll go after an OL in FA. The Bills seem happy with what they have. They feel Bell will be MUCH stronger this year because all he had to do was train for the upcoming season, whereas last year he could only rehab his injury - no strength training . . . ditto for Wood. RT? they believe they have the mix of Vets and the rookie to handle that spot. So I don't see the Bills going OL in FA.

I think they also believe their TE's are good enough. They expect Nelson to grow and have Chandler in case he doesn't. I would love Miller (and still hope they go after him), but I don't see it happening.

The Bills need to re-sign Poz & Florence. If they don't, the additions they make elsewhere will be offset by their losses - - with no net gain, the Bills will not be able to improve if they constantly add two, lose two, etc. Poz may not be an all-star, but he's on the cusp - a solid core-guy. If the Bills want to upgrade their LB's (& defense) as many teams do (see Giants), Poz is the best LB in FA. He must be re-signed!

I think the Bills will try and sign a FA QB (I hope Vince Young) and maybe LB help. We'll be lucky to see one new face via FA.

Exactly this.

• 3 weeks later...

I hope what you're friends are hearing is true and share your opinion about the future and coaching staff!

He will reach an agreement tonight or tomorrow morning. Good things happening for Buffalo fans!