Rochester Woman Arrested for Taping Cops,Then harass her supporters

Fingon

Definitely agree with the low percentage comment -- but it makes the entire profession look bad.

It's the 5%rule. 5% are ignorant jackasses but they make the other 95% look bad. Just likeany other segment of society. Being a cop is such a visible profession thatmany people can't differentiate this and consider all cops jackasses and thisis unfortunate. I wonder who these people that have such disdain for lawenforcement will call when someone breaks in their house?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the 5%rule. 5% are ignorant jackasses but they make the other 95% look bad. Just likeany other segment of society. Being a cop is such a visible profession thatmany people can't differentiate this and consider all cops jackasses and thisis unfortunate. I wonder who these people that have such disdain for lawenforcement will call when someone breaks in their house?

That may be true, but the entire system is corrupt. The 95% cover for the 5% because cops don't rat on other cops.

And the cop saying he felt threatened by her standing there? Give me a break...ego trip anyone? The police are for the most part, p.o.s.

Spoken like someone who's never been in a situation tenser than the line at McDonalds.

As an EMT I love law enforcement. Biggest thankless job in the world.

Thankless...?? :unsure::blink::wacko:

All you ever hear is "police and firefighters are heroes!" everywhere you go. I'm not saying it's easy, fun, or safe, but it's definitely not thankless.

Thankless...?? :unsure::blink::wacko:

All you ever hear is "police and firefighters are heroes!" everywhere you go. I'm not saying it's easy, fun, or safe, but it's definitely not thankless.

I seem to remember a lot of "they are liars" "worthless pos" sentiment around here too....

We've already had this discussion over on Officer.com

Some facts to add to the discussion:

1 - The videotaper is a professional protester; yes, the ones that go to any and all lengths to precipitate a Police response which they can later claim was "too far", "unprofessional", or broke some other kind of moral rule.

2 - The RPD Officer involved NEVER ONCE asked, directed, or demanded that said protester stop video-taping, only that she remove herself from the scene (and yes, politely, and numerous times).

3 - Not so long ago, an RPD Police Officer, Anthony DiPonzio, was ambushed and sniped IN THE HEAD from afar. Luckily, Tony survived and is still making wonderful progress in recovering. Unfortunately, the "wonderful" citizens of the Rochester community have nothing better to do than to interpose themselves in Police activities hoping that they get the chance to do just this - force Officers to deal with them, muddy-up an active investigation, and get their fifteen minutes of YouTube fame.

1 - The videotaper is a professional protester; yes, the ones that go to any and all lengths to precipitate a Police response which they can later claim was "too far", "unprofessional", or broke some other kind of moral rule.

2 - The RPD Officer involved NEVER ONCE asked, directed, or demanded that said protester stop video-taping, only that she remove herself from the scene (and yes, politely, and numerous times).

3 - Not so long ago, an RPD Police Officer, Anthony DiPonzio, was ambushed and sniped IN THE HEAD from afar. Luckily, Tony survived and is still making wonderful progress in recovering. Unfortunately, the "wonderful" citizens of the Rochester community have nothing better to do than to interpose themselves in Police activities hoping that they get the chance to do just this - force Officers to deal with them, muddy-up an active investigation, and get their fifteen minutes of YouTube fame.

So did any of you discuss how the officer lied in his report? How about some proof that she is a professional protester? Link to other videos she made or some such? If she is a pro then she made a career out of it right? Even if she was a professional, I have issues with cops arresting someone who is their own property merely videotaping them.

Congrats on making your profession look even worse by refusing to address the actual issues.

On another note, I miss Chef. :cry:

I seem to remember a lot of "they are liars" "worthless pos" sentiment around here too....

Yeah, to the ones that arrest people for videotaping them or who bring pink rulers to measure how far a car is away from the curb when people get together to discuss the original outrage.

Even if she is a "professional protester," who cares? What's the problem with someone "watching the watchers?"

He demanded that she go into her house -- that's practically the same thing as "stop video taping." In addition, why did the officer not require any of the other neighbors (who didn't have video cameras) to go into their houses? He was focusing solely on the woman with the camera.

If she wanted to shoot the cop, she would've just shot him, no? And how does her going into her house protect the officer from being shot? If she had a gun, couldn't she shoot through the window? Pretty lame argument. Also interesting that the other officers on the scene in the video didn't seem to have any interest in this woman.

Rochester PD = Scum bags

http://www.boingboing.net/2011/06/24/rochester-police-use.html

Rochester PD = Scum bags

http://www.boingboin...police-use.html

Ok, I still don't feel bad for this chick but seriously, WTF? RPD, you now get what you have coming. I've been working in the city for 10 years, lived there 2 of those years and have never seen a cop with a ruler doing this or more than one cop writing traffic citations in a single area.

Edited by kegtapr

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/article/20110625/NEWS01/106250325

"Good has been previously arrested in civil disobedience cases but has no criminal record."

I think that this statement in the article is why there are so many different opinions on this.

Basically, she has a history of ignoring police orders, and being arrested for doing so.

It should be interesting if it ever goes to trial. She probably has enough of a "history" that any defense attorney could exploit this without breaking a sweat (and making look like a nut as well).

It's one thing to stand up in public and believe in something. But you had better be able to take the fallout as well.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/article/20110625/NEWS01/106250325

"Good has been previously arrested in civil disobedience cases but has no criminal record."

I think that this statement in the article is why there are so many different opinions on this.

Basically, she has a history of ignoring police orders, and being arrested for doing so.

It should be interesting if it ever goes to trial. She probably has enough of a "history" that any defense attorney could exploit this without breaking a sweat (and making look like a nut as well).

It's one thing to stand up in public and believe in something. But you had better be able to take the fallout as well.

Defense attorney? Don't you mean prosecutor? Nice that you got she has a history of this out of the article when it clearly states otherwise.

Good has been previously arrested in civil disobedience cases but has no criminal record. She said she has no history of agitation toward police officers.

You should probably stick to threads about teachers molesting young boys.

http://www.democrata...EWS01/106250325

She has no criminal record... Doesn't that mean that although she may have been arrested in the past, she's done nothing wrong? (Kinda like this time)

Another day, another police officer story. At least this one is merely a cop stealing an iPad at an airport and not arresting someone for no reason.

http://www.fullerton...tsa-checkpoint/

Most interesting statement from the article:

"It is also not the policy or practice of the Department to selectively enforce laws in response to the activities of a group or individual."

So, will they be dropping the tickets against people who parked 12.5 inches from the curb too I wonder?