Eric Wood vs. Ndamukong Suh video breakdown...

It's really all about Bell, IMO. If he can step up and become a solid LT the Bills line will be a very strong group within another year.

Bell's weakness also has been an inability to open holes for the running game. Unless we fix our running game, we are not going anywhere. That was why it was maddening to see Gailey go away from the Running game when it was working.

One of the most interesting comments from that video was when coach spoke about Wood not having been able to strength train, and basically going through a full year of rehab. I think Bell has been in the same spot. Both of those guys have now been healthy for a year and are able to do the strength training work needed to become more than "adequate." I'm actually pretty impressed Bell did as well as he has, with as little organized football he has played and coming off the injury.

It's really all about Bell, IMO. If he can step up and become a solid LT the Bills line will be a very strong group within another year.

I gotta agree. Bell is the guy I'm focusing on. Woods will be our center. Then Urbik and Pears with Hairston emerging the following season. That said, questions around Urbik's lack of impact on a poor Pitt OL is puzzlement.

I gotta agree. Bell is the guy I'm focusing on. Woods will be our center. Then Urbik and Pears with Hairston emerging the following season. That said, questions around Urbik's lack of impact on a poor Pitt OL is puzzlement.

The way the Bills talk about him I think Pears is their choice to play RT but RG I think is up for grabs- Urbik, Wrotto, Howard, and Rinehart are all in the hunt.

I am a Kool-Aid drinker as far as our O-line goes.

I view it much the same way you do. I'm comfortable with 4/5ths of the line and I'm excited to see whether Pears or Hairston wins that right tackle spot.

But I see the point of those who are concerned about both of our tackles.

So you are not comfortable with Wang and his development? I can't wait to see how Wang grows into a player. Hopefully Wang will become a hardened behemoth at RT.

So you are not comfortable with Wang and his development? I can't wait to see how Wang grows into a player. Hopefully Wang will become a hardened behemoth at RT.

While Wang has a high floor, I don't get the sense that he has a high ceiling… he seems to lack mass and explosion… sometimes you're either born with it or you're not...

Wood's a better center than he is a guard.

His strength and short-area quickness is accentuated by playing over the ball instead of off the ball.

He dominated Cleveland's fine young DT, Ahtyba Rubin last year.

I don't know that I agree or disagree, because he looked excellent at guard too. Are you sure you don't feel this way just because he was better than Hangartner?

I don't know that I agree or disagree, because he looked excellent at guard too. Are you sure you don't feel this way just because he was better than Hangartner?

I suppose that's possible… but like John said, he's a great "phone booth" guy… and being at center, he's about 2 feet closer to the line of scrimmage than the other O-linemen.

I think being right over the ball puts more of a premium on his brute strength and short-area quickness… but you might be right.