Jasper = Pat Williams

It's obvious isn't it? He's big, strong and fast. He looks like Mark Henry, so he's got to be awesome. Jasper is a nice guy and will be just as great within the community as Pat. Just like Pat, Jasper was bypassed by every team multiple times. Looking at all this convinces me that Jasper = Pat Williams.

End sarcasm

Let's hope he's not Pat Williams! That would make him another no name we developed into a pro bowler then refused to pay market value to retain his services. Teams don't get better by constantly letting their home grown great/probowl talent go!!!! Instead of overpaying average players try fairly paying probowlers. You would be amazed at how much better your team becomes.

He's already getting measurements for the yellow jacket :thumbsup:

Don't be ridiculous. Of course Jasper will go to at least 10 pro bowls and win 5 or more defensive MVP awards, but he will NOT win the Masters. He doesn't have the short game for Augusta, hes more of a links player. Get your facts straight!

Sarcasm aside, I'm excited about his physical traits. If he can be coached up to NFL mentalities, then we might have a steal.

If he doesn't work out... it was a 7th round pick that didn't make it, big deal. :)

Sarcasm aside, I'm excited about his physical traits. If he can be coached up to NFL mentalities, then we might have a steal.

If he doesn't work out... it was a 7th round pick that didn't make it, big deal. :)

Guarded optimism is a good thing. Some people just like to take a dump on anything positive and make fun of the fan support of this guy. The Bills perhaps unlike any other team have turned undrafted fodder into valuable starting material. In a normal year this guy would have likely been picked up as an UDFA.

I have high but realistic hopes for this guy. He played in some tiny little town and never really had access to the big programs and I think he even had to move around a bit due to some academic issues. This isn't some guy that was in a major program, had his nutrition right, got the proper coaching and just couldn't get it done. This guy has all the attributes of the classic sleeper. Nobody heard of him. Way out of shape but with off the charts athleticism. Switched around from position to position. He could quite literally he could be the diamond in the rough.

I think it is very possible that this guy can get on the active roster and get some rotational short yardage play. Anything beyond that would be like hitting the lottery but we have done it before at several positions.

Thank you for adding a dose of sanity to this thread.

A few years ago, there were plenty of people who made sarcastic comments about Steve Johnson and his potential. Comments like, "let's start preparing a place in the Hall of Fame for a player who's never played a down of regular season football," or things to that effect. Very, very few of Steve Johnson's supporters had confused him with an established commodity. But his naysayers seemed to see little difference between "Steve Johnson looks like he has the potential to become a good player," and "Steve Johnson has already proven he belongs in the Hall of Fame."

It turns out that Stevie Johnson's naysayers didn't know any more than the rest of us did. (Even though they acted that way.)

Now the Jasper naysayers are acting exactly like the Stevie Johnson naysayers did. Anyone reading through this thread would think that most Jasper supporters had already begun discussing what his Hall of Fame bust would look like; when in fact the overwhelming majority of his supporters have expressed themselves as you have above. It would be a whole lot easier to have an intelligent discussion with the Jasper naysayers if they started off with, "here is what I want to see from a 3-4 NT, and here is how Jasper fails to live up to that."

Their sarcastic remarks about Jasper come across as if they know Jasper won't amount to anything. In fact, they know no such thing! :angry: If both sides in the Jasper discussion can admit that they don't know if he'll be good (as you have, above), and if both sides can refrain from sarcastic exaggerations of the other's positions, an intelligent, reasonable discussion would be a lot more likely.

Thank you for adding a dose of sanity to this thread.

A few years ago, there were plenty of people who made sarcastic comments about Steve Johnson and his potential. Comments like, "let's start preparing a place in the Hall of Fame for a player who's never played a down of regular season football," or things to that effect. Very, very few of Steve Johnson's supporters had confused him with an established commodity. But his naysayers seemed to see little difference between "Steve Johnson looks like he has the potential to become a good player," and "Steve Johnson has already proven he belongs in the Hall of Fame."

It turns out that Stevie Johnson's naysayers didn't know any more than the rest of us did. (Even though they acted that way.)

Now the Jasper naysayers are acting exactly like the Stevie Johnson naysayers did. Anyone reading through this thread would think that most Jasper supporters had already begun discussing what his Hall of Fame bust would look like; when in fact the overwhelming majority of his supporters have expressed themselves as you have above. It would be a whole lot easier to have an intelligent discussion with the Jasper naysayers if they started off with, "here is what I want to see from a 3-4 NT, and here is how Jasper fails to live up to that."

Their sarcastic remarks about Jasper come across as if they know Jasper won't amount to anything. In fact, they know no such thing! :angry: If both sides in the Jasper discussion can admit that they don't know if he'll be good (as you have, above), and if both sides can refrain from sarcastic exaggerations of the other's positions, an intelligent, reasonable discussion would be a lot more likely.

I can't rightly argue bout nothin' you spoke on, but this here be The Stadium Wall. Folks 'round here like gettin' out dem pitch foks and get ta jumpin' on other folks dat think a playa got potential. Truf is, these naysayers 'round here, ain't no betta than a Patriots fan runnin' 'round like a roosta lookin' for his chicken. This here fella rootin' for you Jasper. Eat dem quarterbacks!