Soon to be? Illegal to embed a U-toob Video

A Felony?

Senate bill 978 – a bill to amend the criminal penalty provision for criminal infringement of a copyright, and for other purposes – may be used to prosecute people for embedding YouTube videos. Kurt Nimmo Infowars.com 6/2/2011.

A Felony?

Senate bill 978 – a bill to amend the criminal penalty provision for criminal infringement of a copyright, and for other purposes – may be used to prosecute people for embedding YouTube videos. Kurt Nimmo Infowars.com 6/2/2011.

Umm, so youtube is blameless, but anyone who has it on his or her site goes to jail. Is that correct? :censored:

They can't put everybody in jail.

The company and the people who work there aren't liable is my point. In fact the person who posted it on the website as well as on youtube gets off scott free (at least the way the article read). But SDS for example goes to jail. :blink:

Edited by Booster4324

The company and the people who work there aren't liable is my point. In fact the person who posted it on the website as well as on youtube gets off scott free (at least the way the article read). But SDS for example goes to jail. :blink:

Maybe we can pin it on Simon.

A Felony?

Youtube permits video embeding and makes the person who posts the video agree that they give permission for distribution of the video via Youtube. If the poster doesn't want their video embeded, they can turn off the Youtube embeding function.

No one will get prosecuted for embeding youtube videos.

If the underlying video is copyrighted material, it will get murkier but good luck proving criminal intent if I embed a 40 second clip of Seinfeld on a website.

Sorry Tom, ...lybob is probably not going to jail.

Youtube permits video embeding and makes the person who posts the video agree that they give permission for distribution of the video via Youtube. If the poster doesn't want their video embeded, they can turn off the Youtube embeding function.

No one will get prosecuted for embeding youtube videos.

If the underlying video is copyrighted material, it will get murkier but good luck proving criminal intent if I embed a 40 second clip of Seinfeld on a website.

Sorry Tom, ...lybob is probably not going to jail.

Killjoy.

This about trying to bust guys who post links to movies, but don't actually host them on their site. Allow me to impersonate illegal movie guy:

"Apparently the author of Senate bill 978 doesn't know what a web service is, or, that I could link to it, snag the "embedded" code from it at run time, and never "embed a youtube(or any other video) video in my website". My simple response being: "show me where the code I embedded is, you f@cking moron, because you will not find it anywhere in my stack and/or how do you know what the web service does, unless you illegally hacked it?". Meanwhile, you have bigger problems: because I created that web service on Amazon's cloud...and now their legions of lawyers will be stopping you from doing anything to me...I don't even have to pay them :D I do what I want, don't pay for it, and get lawyers I don't pay to both defend me and go after you. Fun!

Try again kids, and as they say Good Luck! I'm behind 7 proxies!"

(note: I just picked Amazon at random...just like illegal movie guy will, and then change to another infrastructure and park his old domain )

We have to create workarounds every day all the time...and we usually get little notice. When are these morons going to learn that simple fact? .These fools want to give 6 months notice on something I, or anyone that is at least a competent member of an enterprise project, have already beaten before the ink is dry?

Lawyers/Politicians and all the rest:

apply yourselves elsewhere. You are never going to beat the illegal movie guy, because illegal movie guy is a programmer, not some Napster dipschit end user... or some 18 year old grocery store working wanna-be. If you refuse to see reason, and push too far, then you are going to drag people like my crew into it, and then you are done. Better to stay out of it all together. The problems you are trying to solve will be solved, but not by you.

The people whining about copyright infringement simply haven't learned that they are working with the wrong people, using the wrong tactics, who don't even know that there is a game...much less the rules of it..

Edited by OCinBuffalo

They can't put everybody in jail.

Um dude I'm not sure if you read about it but a few weeks ago they rounded up all online poker players and threw them in jail. It was widely reported. I'm not sure why this would be different.

"Apparently the author of Senate bill 978 doesn't know what a web service is, or, that I could link to it, snag the "embedded" code from it at run time, and never "embed a youtube(or any other video) video in my website". My simple response being: "show me where the code I embedded is, you f@cking moron, because you will not find it anywhere in my stack and/or how do you know what the web service does, unless you illegally hacked it?". Meanwhile, you have bigger problems: because I created that web service on Amazon's cloud...and now their legions of lawyers will be stopping you from doing anything to me...I don't even have to pay them :D I do what I want, don't pay for it, and get lawyers I don't pay to both defend me and go after you. Fun!

All of that sounds great to everyone except the guy who just pulled an inside straight in Cell block D.