spiller

Spiller had two great runs in the preseason that made opposing players look stupid. We all know he has talent. He just has to apply that during the season.

Preseason runs? You mean when defenses, including Buffalo's, play vanilla schemes so as to not let on their plan for the upcoming season get out? Heck, if preseason were something to rely on, Aaron Maybin would be the next 10 sack a year guy.

Spiller's physical talents are undeniable. It's what he didn't have last season upstairs that prevented him from getting on the field. During a game last season Steve Tasker said he had problems picking up the playbook, and IIRC, it's because at Clemson he was accustomed to the play being on a board flashed from the sidelines.

The fact remains that Buffalo's 1st-3rd round picks last season became depth guys who don't appear to be starting in 2011. I like Spiller, but if he can't pick up the mental part of playing the easiest to transition to position from college to pros, something's seriously wrong with Buffalo's talent evaluation.

Preseason runs? You mean when defenses, including Buffalo's, play vanilla schemes so as to not let on their plan for the upcoming season get out? Heck, if preseason were something to rely on, Aaron Maybin would be the next 10 sack a year guy.

Spiller's physical talents are undeniable. It's what he didn't have last season upstairs that prevented him from getting on the field. During a game last season Steve Tasker said he had problems picking up the playbook, and IIRC, it's because at Clemson he was accustomed to the play being on a board flashed from the sidelines.

The fact remains that Buffalo's 1st-3rd round picks last season became depth guys who don't appear to be starting in 2011. I like Spiller, but if he can't pick up the mental part of playing the easiest to transition to position from college to pros, something's seriously wrong with Buffalo's talent evaluation.

Preseason or not those runs had to do with elusiveness and explosiveness. That can't be taught. The coach will use him more this season.

Spiller will be fine. And he also had some nice runs during the season. He has to learn how to run effectively on a consistent basis.

Edited by purple haze

Oh. I forgot. The preseason is when defensive players try and look the fool by purposely missing on tackling opposing offesive players. BTW, your argument goes both ways...aren't teams playing in vanilla offenses as well?

I also think I mentioned Spiller has to learn to apply that during the season. You read that part, right?

PS. Aaron Maybin hasn't done squat in the preseason and nothing he has done there would project him to be a ten-sack-a-year player. And don't even think of mentioning his one sack against Pittsburgh either.

Edited by BEAST MODE BABY!