If you had any faith left in the criminal justice system

The robber deserved it, but the law is pretty clear that you can't shoot a person that isn't a threat. The first shot was perfectly legal. The 5 other shots from a foot or two away while he was laying on the floor supposedly unconscious makes him legally guilty of murder.

Did you even read the article? Or do you think execution is something any citizen should be able to do. You strike me as pretty much bat **** crazy, so my guess is the latter.

I'm not going to condemn the man for doing something in the heat of the moment when his fight or flight response kicked in. Unlike the robbers who made the choice out of their own free will to storm the pharmacy while armed the pharmacist was forced to make a split second decision he would have never of made otherwise.

The robber deserved it, but the law is pretty clear that you can't shoot a person that isn't a threat. The first shot was perfectly legal. The 5 other shots from a foot or two away while he was laying on the floor supposedly unconscious makes him legally guilty of murder.

Yeah, the article didn't tell you much, but I watched that video and thought "Did he just walk over the kid on the ground and put five more bullets in him?"

Yeah, the article didn't tell you much, but I watched that video and thought "Did he just walk over the kid on the ground and put five more bullets in him?"

The first bullet----ok. The next five bullets----murder.

The full article goes into detail.

I'm not going to condemn the man for doing something in the heat of the moment when his fight or flight response kicked in. Unlike the robbers who made the choice out of their own free will to storm the pharmacy while armed the pharmacist was forced to make a split second decision he would have never of made otherwise.

He rearms, takes his time and shoots him 5 times about 45 seconds from the initial shot. Confess, you didn't read anything about it. The guy lied a bunch to the police. Guilty as sin. Oh and the other two involved with the robbery also got life.

The full article goes into detail.

He rearms, takes his time and shoots him 5 times about 45 seconds from the initial shot. Confess, you didn't read anything about it. The guy lied a bunch to the police. Guilty as sin. Oh and the other two involved with the robbery also got life.

Key words-45 seconds. If someone was suddenly waving a gun in your face do you really think that 45 seconds is all that it would take for your bodies levels of stress hormones like adrenaline, norepinephrine and Epinephrine to return to normal?

Key words-45 seconds. If someone was suddenly waving a gun in your face do you really think that 45 seconds is all that it would take for your bodies levels of stress hormones like adrenaline, norepinephrine and Epinephrine to return to normal?

You said split second. No I do not expect him to totally recover from the rush in 45 seconds. However, he is walking pretty calmly and deliberately to first rearm, then perform his execution.

Lies told to the police include:

Ersland had considerable support at first but that dropped off when it turned out he had fabricated his claims of being a combat veteran of the first Gulf War.

He told police he shot Parker five more times before chasing a second robber out of the pharmacy. The security camera recordings show he actually shot Parker again after chasing the second robber away, coming back inside the store and getting a second gun. Ersland changed his account of the shooting after the security camera recordings became public.

He tried to fake a gunshot wound.

The robber was unarmed....

Video of shooting:

There were 2 robbers. One was armed, the other wasn't. The guy who got shot was unarmed.

That doesn't matter in the first shot.

But the video seems pretty clear that the last five shots were over the line.

You are probably right, but unless there is absolutely no doubt that he did it in panic, he should (I hope) be eligible for early parole. To be honest, I think I would probably panic and do something similar, in the worry that he wasn't out cold and would shoot me. Doesn't mean that he is exempt from the law.

You are probably right, but unless there is absolutely no doubt that he did it in panic, he should (I hope) be eligible for early parole. To be honest, I think I would probably panic and do something similar, in the worry that he wasn't out cold and would shoot me. Doesn't mean that he is exempt from the law.

I could buy the panic thing if he did it before he chased the other robber away or even if he did it just as he walked back in the store. The fact that he calmly (at least it seemed) walked past the unconscious body, grabbed another gun, and the emptied it into the kid changes things.