Jeffrey Gundlach?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would not trust this guy, he looks like a sly one.

I can see him reaming Bills fans up the ass one day if he were to get ahold of this team, and not feel one bit of guilt while doing it.

NO.

anyone old enough to remember the infamous john y brown could maybe see a correlation with this guy.. lots of rhetoric, but an agenda to move the team.

has anyone seen a quote from him saying he wants to keep the team in buffalo if he does purchase them? all i see are quotes saying he loves the bills etc.. nowhere is there a direct intent to buy them and keep them in buffalo.. guy kinda scares me..

The Buffalo News headline says that Gundlach would keep the Bills in Buffalo. I'm not sure if that is based on a conversation they had with him or if they are jumping to that conclusion.

PTR

The Buffalo News headline says that Gundlach would keep the Bills in Buffalo. I'm not sure if that is based on a conversation they had with him or if they are jumping to that conclusion.

PTR

WKBW-TV, Channel 7 Eyewitness News:

http://www.wkbw.com/...-122711699.html

According to the L.A. Times account of the interview, Gundlach is on the record about not wanting to move the Bills from Buffalo:

He told a Buffalo TV station, "One of these days, maybe five years from now -- I hope it's 20 years from now -- the Bills will have to have an ownership change. And I think it would be a tragedy to have the Bills go to some random city and be called, you know, the L.A. Multitude or whatever the hell they'd call it. I want them to be the Buffalo Bills."

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

WKBW-TV, Channel 7 Eyewitness News:

http://www.wkbw.com/...-122711699.html

According to the L.A. Times account of the interview, Gundlach is on the record about not wanting to move the Bills from Buffalo:

He told a Buffalo TV station, "One of these days, maybe five years from now -- I hope it's 20 years from now -- the Bills will have to have an ownership change. And I think it would be a tragedy to have the Bills go to some random city and be called, you know, the L.A. Multitude or whatever the hell they'd call it. I want them to be the Buffalo Bills."

ok, i feel a bit better, only exposed to the printed reports from the internet, did not see any quotes visually from him.

Anybody buying the Bills and keeping them in Buffalo will have to be serious about maximizing revenues. That might mean a new stadium. That will definitely mean more expensive tickets. I hope Mr. Gundlach is as creative with growing revenue as he is managing funds.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Anybody buying the Bills and keeping them in Buffalo will have to be serious about maximizing revenues. That might mean a new stadium. That will definitely mean more expensive tickets. I hope Mr. Gundlach is as creative with growing revenue as he is managing funds.

PTR

i respectfully disagree about the need for a new stadium. in my opinion, the stadium is fine as long as upgrades are made as needed , much like lambeau. in a pure football sense i think the ralph works fine, however, if one is looking for that panacea for the area (bass pro)in the form of a stadium, i think that is a different issue. building the retractable dome on the waterfront seems impractical based on the economic realities.

Bravo to Mr Gundlach. If he bought the team I and everyone else should have NO fear he would want to move the team out of Buffalo. He would be buying the team SPECIFICALLY to have the team in Buffalo. He loves the Bills and would be buying it not as a business move but as a move to keep the team he loves in Buffalo. He said he would buy it to be in Buffalo and it would not be bought as a growth opportunity but out of his love for the Bills.

I would think people on this board would absolutely love to have people like this in the Bills' corner. He is independently wealthy, knows a lot of independently wealthy people, loves the Bills, wants them in Buffalo......gotta love his scoff at the idea of changing them to the LA Multitude!!

He is just like one of us on the boards here. Here is a guy connected to Buffalo his home town by the Bills and has been religiously following them his entire life and instead of doing who knows what with $800M, he would choose to buy the Bills the team that means so much to him. Quit being so fatalistic people. Be happy about the fact people like him out there exist!!

It also gives more credibility to J Kelly's claims he has multiple people ho have the money to buy the team. Again, for the 1000th time JK knows and says he does not have the money to buy the team he is assembling people to buy the team

i respectfully disagree about the need for a new stadium. in my opinion, the stadium is fine as long as upgrades are made as needed , much like lambeau. in a pure football sense i think the ralph works fine, however, if one is looking for that panacea for the area (bass pro)in the form of a stadium, i think that is a different issue. building the retractable dome on the waterfront seems impractical based on the economic realities.

I agree RWS is fine as a football venue but what I was talking about is creating a convention and entertainment center that would use the Bills as a centerpiece to a year-round attraction, much like Patriot Place is for the Pats. That's what I mean when I say a new Bills owner would have to get creative to find new revenue. Hosting 9 games, selling one to Toronto and raising ticket prices won't be enough.

The Bills are profitable ONLY because Ralph has no debt service on the team. Even then the Bills only make a few million in profit. Any new owner would have to be rich enough to be able to write a check to buy the Bills and a new venue. Not many people that rich, though Gundlach appears to be.

PTR

PTR is correct about a market like Buffalo having to be creative to make the stadium a destination and a means to other revenue. PTR I believe you are in New England country where I was for 5 years until coming back to Buffalo. They started constructing Patriot Place as I was leaving but by all accounts is a great venue and gives people a lot to do and it is in Foxboro Massachusetts!!

People often gripe that Buffalo is a small market but you could easily craft a venue that would do very well year round if you make it a convention center, football stadium, concert venue, Bills HOF, stores,restaurants etc..... Now whether it is at/around the new canalside or NF, NY you would have to make it readily accessible to the HUGE Canadian population that comes to this area on a daily basis. The NF Outlets has turned around from a bankrupt organization to a huge success story with about 50% or more patrons daily coming from Southern Ontario. You could make a very unique destination drawing from a huge area....remember Southern Ontario from Hamilton South to NF is well over a million add, Buffalo/NF, Rochester, Syracuse etc...and that is a very large critical mass. For long term viability of the frnachise PTR is correct because RW does great without debt service but add 30M a year in interest payments for someone who buys the team and you lose money or break even. A creative thinker can/will make the place an enormous destination but it can NOT just be a football stadium and that is how you would have to sell it to bring in NFL money, state money etc....

knows a lot of independently wealthy people

Yeah, they're all jockeying to be minority owners of a team in Buffalo. Perhaps he's told these folks that a bridge in Brooklyn would be an attractive investment as well...

PTR is correct about a market like Buffalo having to be creative to make the stadium a destination and a means to other revenue. PTR I believe you are in New England country where I was for 5 years until coming back to Buffalo. They started constructing Patriot Place as I was leaving but by all accounts is a great venue and gives people a lot to do and it is in Foxboro Massachusetts!!

People often gripe that Buffalo is a small market but you could easily craft a venue that would do very well year round if you make it a convention center, football stadium, concert venue, Bills HOF, stores,restaurants etc..... Now whether it is at/around the new canalside or NF, NY you would have to make it readily accessible to the HUGE Canadian population that comes to this area on a daily basis. The NF Outlets has turned around from a bankrupt organization to a huge success story with about 50% or more patrons daily coming from Southern Ontario. You could make a very unique destination drawing from a huge area....remember Southern Ontario from Hamilton South to NF is well over a million add, Buffalo/NF, Rochester, Syracuse etc...and that is a very large critical mass. For long term viability of the frnachise PTR is correct because RW does great without debt service but add 30M a year in interest payments for someone who buys the team and you lose money or break even. A creative thinker can/will make the place an enormous destination but it can NOT just be a football stadium and that is how you would have to sell it to bring in NFL money, state money etc....

I think the twist for the Bills is to use NFL football as an attraction unto itself. I mean there are only 32 members of the club. Develop a tourist attraction that builds off the NFL experience and make it a year round thing. Putting it in NF helps because you already have an established tourist area. As nice as the Canadian side is it will never have an NFL team and that will make NF USA the place to be 10 times a year, then keep bringing people in for tours of the stadium, etc. Canalside downtown Buffalo might work but it's not a draw now. You'd be rolling the dice more there.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Yes. I have said the same thing for years. It's not just about the football stadium, but a TOTAL revitalization project that includes all of the types of businesses you mention. It only makes sense for this to happen. That's why it hasn't yet. Too much incompetent leadership in political realms or worse, corrupt leadership. I think it should be downtown.

Edited by purple haze