New ESPN book

Buftex

The big expose on ESPN is set to be released tomorrow...might make a good read for the extended off-season...some excerpts, from Deadspin. I love Michell Beadle, but her assesment of Erin Andrews is pretty cold...

http://deadspin.com/5803305/what-weve-learned-from-the-espn-book-so-far

"You're with me, Leather"...don't know how I missed that one! :w00t:

Edited by Buftex

I like how this cat-fight is shaping up!!

Maybe if things get a little more heated between the two, and the NFL stays locked out, ESPN can throw some sort of mud-wrestling event???

http://deadspin.com/5803187/espn-book-will-make-things-even-more-uncomfortable-between-michelle-beadle-and-erin-andrews

Edited by DrDareustein

Word out today, not only was Mark Schelreths' pilot show not picked up, but the perpetually nausiating Colin Cowherds' show has not been picked up either... no word yet on Mike Greenberg's pilot. I guess the networks really are running out of ideas...

The big expose on ESPN is set to be released tomorrow...might make a good read for the extended off-season...some excerpts, from Deadspin. I love Michell Beadle, but her assesment of Erin Andrews is pretty cold...

http://deadspin.com/5803305/what-weve-learned-from-the-espn-book-so-far

"You're with me, Leather"...don't know how I missed that one! :w00t:

I think she's right, but I'm surprised that she said it.

Word out today, not only was Mark Schelreths' pilot show not picked up, but the perpetually nausiating Colin Cowherds' show has not been picked up either... no word yet on Mike Greenberg's pilot. I guess the networks really are running out of ideas...

Thank God and the Baby Jesus!

I think she's right, but I'm surprised that she said it.

Thank God and the Baby Jesus!

Note that the author was surprised, not so much by what Beadle said, but that she was one of the only people who agreed to have her words "on the record"....kudos to her for that, if nothing else.

Edited by Buftex

M&M had one of the authors on this morning but they didn't get into the nasty stuff!

Yeah, just read that. It is funny though, this book release was such an "event" everywhere, but I never heard a word of it on ESPN tv or radio...kudos, I suppose, to ESPN for giving Miller air time. I take my " :lol: " back, and replace it with a " :oops: "

Funny though, I had M & M on this morning, getting ready for work, and driving in, didn't hear one mention of the book...just some overly extended conversation about who would benefit more from am NBA Championship, Lebron James or Dirk Nowitzki...normally, they "tease" you for hours about what is coming up on the show.

Saw a comment from one of ESPN's current honchos, saying something ominous, in regards to current ESPNers who had bad things to say...something like "they will be dealt with internally". I assume that means, one by one, they will start to disappear from the ESPN airwaves, as their contracts are not renewed...

Edited by Buftex