College QB's to watch in 2011 for next year's draft...

I could only find three QB's that were rated to go in the top eschelon of the 1st round but anyone have any other suggestions? I have to say that I wish we had a shot at Locker cause even though he had a so so year last year he's still a winner and has a great feel for the game. All the critics can watch him the next 3 years and eat their words. I'm going to be glued to the TV on Saturdays trying to pay close attention to QB's coming out for next years draft. Anyone have any suggestions on which teams/players to watch for QB?

Andrew Luck*, Stanford

Height: 6-4. Weight: 235.

Projected 40 Time: 4.80.

Projected Round (2012): Top 5 Pick.

3/29/10: A redshirt sophomore in 2009, Andrew Luck will be eligible for the 2011 NFL Draft. He was very impressive as a first-year starter, compiling 2,575 yards, 13 touchdowns and four picks on an 8.9 YPA and a 56.3 completion percentage.

Matt Barkley*, USC

Height: 6-2. Weight: 230.

Projected 40 Time: 4.83.

Projected Round (2012): Top 10 Pick.

7/25/10: As a true freshman, Matt Barkley threw for 2,735 yards, 15 touchdowns and 14 interceptions for USC, maintaining a 7.8 YPA and 59.9 completion percentage. Pretty impressive considering the circumstances. As long as the strong-armed Barkley keeps improving and lives up to the hype, he'll be a top 10 pick in the 2012 or 2013 NFL Draft.

John Brantley, Florida

Height: 6-3. Weight: 217.

Projected 40 Time: 4.69.

Projected Round (2012): Top 25 Pick.

7/25/10: Called a "real quarterback" by one of his teammates, John Brantley played very well in limited action last year, completing 36-of-48 passes for 410 yards, seven touchdowns and no interceptions.

Theres lots of great talent coming out of next years draft.

John Brantley, Andrew Luck, Kellen Moore, Matt Barkley, Terrelle Pryor, Kirk Cousins, Tyler Wilson, Landry Jones, Ryan Lindley, Nick Foles, Brandon Weeden, Jacory Harris.

If we're looking at QB next year and don't get the number 1 pick, then I'll take Landry.

Edited by DreReed83

I could only find three QB's that were rated to go in the top eschelon of the 1st round but anyone have any other suggestions? I have to say that I wish we had a shot at Locker cause even though he had a so so year last year he's still a winner and has a great feel for the game. All the critics can watch him the next 3 years and eat their words. I'm going to be glued to the TV on Saturdays trying to pay close attention to QB's coming out for next years draft. Anyone have any suggestions on which teams/players to watch for QB?

Andrew Luck*, Stanford

3/29/10: A redshirt sophomore in 2009, Andrew Luck will be eligible for the 2011 NFL Draft. He was very impressive as a first-year starter, compiling 2,575 yards, 13 touchdowns and four picks on an 8.9 YPA and a 56.3 completion percentage.

Matt Barkley*, USC

7/25/10: As a true freshman, Matt Barkley threw for 2,735 yards, 15 touchdowns and 14 interceptions for USC, maintaining a 7.8 YPA and 59.9 completion percentage. Pretty impressive considering the circumstances. As long as the strong-armed Barkley keeps improving and lives up to the hype, he'll be a top 10 pick in the 2012 or 2013 NFL Draft.

John Brantley, Florida

7/25/10: Called a "real quarterback" by one of his teammates, John Brantley played very well in limited action last year, completing 36-of-48 passes for 410 yards, seven touchdowns and no interceptions.

Thanks for starting this thread! I like your top two choices. I can't recall his name, but I would put the Oklahoma QB WAY ahead of Brantley. Brantley was terrible in the bowl game (Outback) against PSU, overthrowing WR's, missing reads, that game was like watching a bad high school game.

John Brantley, Andrew Luck, Kellen Moore, Matt Barkley, Terrelle Pryor, Kirk Cousins, Tyler Wilson, Landry Jones, Ryan Lindley, Nick Foles, Brandon Weeden, Jacory Harris.

If we're looking at QB next year and don't get the number 1 pick, then I'll take Landry.

Good additions. Your right, there are a lot of good QB's coming out next year. I don't think we have the number one pick, but who knows, everyone ahead of us could have their QB and we have "luck" fall to us. But I like a lot of other QB's on your list, including Jones. I think Pryor developed his passing game signifigantly last year and also take him. He fits the Gailey mold (mobile QB, and he has a much better arm than any of the other QB's Gailey had) and might be available in Rd2, which allows us to fill another big hold in Round one (O-line/TE/more D, perhaps even RB (don't falme, Jackson is getting old, Spiller is not an every down back). But obvisouly if Luck is there, I take him.

Luck is obviously the stud of next years draft... I see no chance of him pulling a Locker or a Brohm, and dropping his value. This is who the Bills should target, smart, athletic, good arm, flat out talented.

Just say NO to Barkley, USC QB's tend to struggle in the NFL, and Barkley looks bad even in college.

Terrell Pryor? If people didn't like Newton, wait until Pryor talk starts...

Brantley looks interesting, but it's way too early to determine if he has real talent. Chances are he won't be coming out next year anyway.

All the other guys still have to prove their worth.

Unless Fitzpatrick really does something amazing, you better believe the Bills will at least consider a QB early on next year.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Andrew Luck*, Stanford

Matt Barkley*, USC

John Brantley, Florida

The Brantley Stats are from 2009.

I know John personally, and he will not be a 1st round pick.

which allows us to fill another big hold in Round one (O-line/TE/more D, perhaps even RB (don't falme, Jackson is getting old, Spiller is not an every down back).

I'm not flaming, the Bills could use another productive RB for sure. I actually really liked the Johnny White pick in the 5th round this year.

Having said that I really hope they wouldn't take a RB in the 1st next year. It's rare to find one that's significantly better than the RB's taken later in the draft. We can still "hope" spiller shows something.

Luck is obviously the stud of next years draft... I see no chance of him pulling a Locker or a Brohm, and dropping his value. This is who the Bills should target, smart, athletic, good arm, flat out talented.

Just say NO to Barkley, USC QB's tend to struggle in the NFL, and Barkley looks bad even in college.

Terrell Pryor? If people didn't like Newton, wait until Pryor talk starts...

Brantley looks interesting, but it's way too early to determine if he has real talent. Chances are he won't be coming out next year anyway.

All the other guys still have to prove their worth.

Unless Fitzpatrick really does something amazing, you better believe the Bills will at least consider a QB early on next year.

Landry has to prove his worth? U on crack? Easily the 2nd best QB in next year's draft.

Landry has to prove his worth? U on crack? Easily the 2nd best QB in next year's draft.

Uhh, yeah he has to prove his worth...Unless you want to draft like the Raiders. I never called him out specifically like you are suggesting, but he had one good season...good for him. So have many other QB's that have gone on to be busts in the NFL...

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Uhh, yeah he has to prove his worth...Unless you want to draft like the Raiders. I never called him out specifically like you are suggesting, but he had one good season...good for him. So have many other QB's that have gone on to be busts in the NFL...

U OBVIOUSLY don't watch much college football and have never seen this guy play. :wallbash:

Edited by DreReed83

U OBVIOUSLY don't watch much college football and have never seen this guy play. :wallbash:

Umm, yeah I do...And I never said I didn't like him as you are insinuating. The guy just finished his sophomore season, sorry if didn't appoint him the best player in history as you seem to be doing. I'd like to see him have another good year before I make judgment.

You obviously have quite the man crush on him. He might end up being a great QB, and MIGHT end up a top prospect next year (if he even comes out) however right now he is just another college prospect...

Couldn't agree with you more. If he continues to improve, look for him to be the #1 pick next year. I so wish the Bills could get him, but we probably will not be bad enough

See I think if we DO get the #1 pick, then I'll take Landry! (Easily the best QB of the 2012 NFL draft.)

But it won't happen - Landry Jones will certainly declare for the 2012 draft at the end of his junior season (after he & Oklahoma set all kinds of NCAA records on their way to the BCS title), but the Bills will also have a far better season than anyone anticipates - we might be able to trade-up to draft Luck mid-round, otherwise Buffalo will be drafting in the bottom third of round one.

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! :thumbsup:

Edited by The Senator

See I think if we DO get the #1 pick, then I'll take Landry! (Easily the best QB of the 2012 NFL draft.)

But it won't happen - Landry Jones will certainly declare for the 2012 draft at the end of his junior season (after he & Oklahoma set all kinds of NCAA records on their way to the BCS title), but the Bills will also have a far better season than anyone anticipates - we might be able to trade-up to draft Luck mid-round, otherwise Buffalo will be drafting in the bottom third of round one.

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! :thumbsup:

So you are saying he is better than Luck? Despite Lucks great year on a team with less recruiting power? Landry looked good last year, and certainly has 1st round potential...But let's not get carried away...

I'm not knocking him in any way, I'm just saying lets watch next season before anointing him the best player in history...

Despite the pessimism that the Bills have built up in me over the years, I also expect them to improve from last year. Probably will be picking in teens, making a run at the best QB in the draft tough.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Landry Jones has video game like stats from last year. Not sure what kind of offense they are running at Oklahoma but it's definitely not the wishbone! I've seen Jones in several 2012 mock drafts going to the Bills. It will be interesting to watch him this fall.

So you are saying he is better than Luck? Despite Lucks great year on a team with less recruiting power? Landry looked good last year, and certainly has 1st round potential...But let's not get carried away...

I'm not knocking him in any way, I'm just saying lets watch next season before anointing him the best player in history...

Despite the pessimism that the Bills have built up in me over the years, I also expect them to improve from last year. Probably will be picking in teens, making a run at the best QB in the draft tough.

I am most certainly saying Landry Jones is better than Andy Luck, and you will too - after Jones sets a slew of NCAA records and the Sooners go undefeated as this season's BCS champions!

(Though it would have been nice to see the frail Luck face Jones head-on in Stanford's 2009 Sun Bowl loss to Oklahoma.)

I am not sure why you think Oklahoma has more recruiting power than Stanford - SU is an excellent school with a top-notch program, and I would think that Jim Harbaugh had a nice budget and a far easier job luring kids to beautiful Palo Alto than Bob Stoops has convincing kids to spend the next 4-5 years in Norman, OK!

Umm, yeah I do...And I never said I didn't like him as you are insinuating. The guy just finished his sophomore season, sorry if didn't appoint him the best player in history as you seem to be doing. I'd like to see him have another good year before I make judgment.

You obviously have quite the man crush on him. He might end up being a great QB, and MIGHT end up a top prospect next year (if he even comes out) however right now he is just another college prospect...

Ummm....no u obviously have never seen him play. I never appointed him the best QB in history. Didn't even say he was the best QB in next year's draft so quit putting words in my mouth. What a lamer ...BIG THUMBS DOWN FOR U. :thumbdown:

Keep an eye on Robert Griffin III of Baylor. Great mobile quarterback and could come out early.

I heard people on another board talking about RG3 a few months ago. I watched some video of him and he is an amazing prospect who has started at Baylor since being a true freshman, and will be a redshirt jr. this year.

He is an all around amazing athlete who had 67% completion percentage last year and is faster and bigger than Mike Vick at 6'3" 220lbs.

I love him as a prospect and, with a good season, could be a top 10 pick. Funny thing is that no one knows who he is.

Here is some video and I want people to pay attention to the pass he throws at 2:24. He throws it 55 yards as he is gets hit, and puts it on his receiver's hands in stride, only to have his WR drop it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myAMiNYTstk