Thurman Thomas was in Syracuse visiting elementary students

Pro Football Hall of Famer Thurman Thomas visits Reynolds Elementary

Baldwinsville, NY -- Former Buffalo Bills running back Thurman Thomas spoke to Reynolds Elementary School students Wednesday about the importance of eating healthy and staying active. “I’ve really been stressing the importance of eating breakfast in the morning to the kids,” Thomas said. “It gives you the energy to get going. It helped me when I was a growing up and it also helped me when I was playing for the Buffalo Bills.”

article includes his thoughts on the lockout

Just read an e-mail on deadspin that he was at a golf tournament in WNY. Seen puking in the men's room.

And, your intent in posting this?

I have vomited in public places because of being ill during my life. Of course I am not a public figure where our insane need to be looking for the wrong in others could have implied I was drinking too much or something else.

It's funny ... always wondered why anyone has a need to buy the National Enquirer, subscribe to e-mail services like deadspin, or listen to the hate-mongers. Perhaps they have no life of their own and want to celebrate what's wrong in others. It's sad but it's the reality we have today in our world as evident by this posting on what was meant to be a positive story about a Hall of Fame player who has chosen to stay in Buffalo and who boosts a community most of us truly care about.

I have vomited in public places because of being ill during my life. Of course I am not a public figure where our insane need to be looking for the wrong in others could have implied I was drinking too much or something else.

It's funny ... always wondered why anyone has a need to buy the National Enquirer, subscribe to e-mail services like deadspin, or listen to the hate-mongers. Perhaps they have no life of their own and want to celebrate what's wrong in others. It's sad but it's the reality we have today in our world as evident by this posting on what was meant to be a positive story about a Hall of Fame player who has chosen to stay in Buffalo and who boosts a community most of us truly care about.

Sorry.

Don't know if Thurman Thomas was drinking. Deadspin isn't a subscription "e-mail service", whatever that is.

Yeah, but he vomited in the men's room at a golf course during a tournament. Is it beyond the rhelm of possibility that Thurman might have had a little too much to drink? There's no shame in puking while playing golf :thumbsup:

Just read an e-mail on deadspin that he was at a golf tournament in WNY. Seen puking in the men's room.

I know Thurman is a recovering alcoholic and has spoken openly about it on college campuses. He said that he tends not to go out with his old Bills buddies because of this. He also claims this is part of the reason he moved back from Orlando, his drinking was taking a toll on his family life. I personally think Thurman has changed a lot and for the better.

Care to provide us with a quote or a link? I looked around and couldn't find anything to back up your statement.

If you were making this up in the name of "humor," then shame on you.

For your sake I really hope you did actually read this and I look forward to seeing your proof.

If this was just a lame attempt at humor, then you ought to come clean for the sake of this man's reputation.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

So Thurman Thomas's credibility hangs on the post of Mr. WEO at the Stadium Wall?

little self-righteous for my taste. i feel as though if he made this joke about a Pats player you wouldn't have made that post.

Care to provide us with a quote or a link? I looked around and couldn't find anything to back up your statement.

If you were making this up in the name of "humor," then shame on you.

For your sake I really hope you did actually read this and I look forward to seeing your proof.

If this was just a lame attempt at humor, then you ought to come clean for the sake of this man's reputation.

http://deadspin.com/#!5798130/your-s...n-laden-funbag

This is a great story, for a variety of reasons. For one, I can't verify its truth, other than the fact that Thurman Thomas @replied to my roommate recollecting this story on Twitter and asked him kindly to 'stop hatin'. As such:

My roommate's friend was working a local golf tournament in New York for some celeb types. He was peeing in the men's room, when suddenly hall of fame running back Thurman Thomas lumbers in and barfs in the urinal. Sick, I know (but kind of cool too). Suddenly, Shooter McGavin walks in (actor Christopher McDonald) and unabashedly proclaims "Goddamnit Thurman!" and helps him clean up. My roommate's friend asked for an autograph from Mr. McDonald and had the gall to call him Shooter. Shooter didn't even acknowledge the comment.

Try "Google.com"

Anyway, golf tournaments and Thurman don't mix well. He was busted for possession a few years ago prior to a tourney.

This is a great story, for a variety of reasons. For one, I can't verify its truth, other than the fact that Thurman Thomas @replied to my roommate recollecting this story on Twitter and asked him kindly to 'stop hatin'. As such:

My roommate's friend was working a local golf tournament in New York for some celeb types. He was peeing in the men's room, when suddenly hall of fame running back Thurman Thomas lumbers in and barfs in the urinal. Sick, I know (but kind of cool too). Suddenly, Shooter McGavin walks in (actor Christopher McDonald) and unabashedly proclaims "Goddamnit Thurman!" and helps him clean up. My roommate's friend asked for an autograph from Mr. McDonald and had the gall to call him Shooter. Shooter didn't even acknowledge the comment.

I love how the story starts with "I can't verify its truth", however Mr. Weo post it as fact. It also gives no timeline, could have been yesterday, could have been 15 years ago, but again, Mr. Weo post it as if it was a recent event.

Please put down the bong

Edited by gflande1

I love how the story starts with "I can't verify its truth", however Mr. Weo post it as fact. It also gives no timeline, could have been yesterday, could have been 15 years ago, but again, Mr. Weo post it as if it was a recent event.

Please put down the bong

"put down the bong"...there's some irony

Anyway, I don't know if it is a "fact" and didn't post it as so. Just posted what I read that day--the topic of an e-mail sent to the site that broke the Brett Favre dick pics story and the Rex Ryan foot fetish/swinger story. Not sure why the "timeline" is relevant, but if you were reading a little more carefully, you would see that "twitter" was referenced, so "could have been 15 years ago" is not really possible, is it?

You guys need to relax with the hero worship. None of those little kids knew who TT is or why he was there talking to them at their school. Great player, Great Buffalo Bill. Why not leave it at that?

"put down the bong"...there's some irony

Anyway, I don't know if it is a "fact" and didn't post it as so. Just posted what I read that day--the topic of an e-mail sent to the site that broke the Brett Favre dick pics story and the Rex Ryan foot fetish/swinger story. Not sure why the "timeline" is relevant, but if you were reading a little more carefully, you would see that "twitter" was referenced, so "could have been 15 years ago" is not really possible, is it?

You guys need to relax with the hero worship. None of those little kids knew who TT is or why he was there talking to them at their school. Great player, Great Buffalo Bill. Why not leave it at that?

Ah WEO…a flip, unattributed, apocryphal story…gotcha.

And you put it out there for what? Humor?

After all, we know that Thurman's reputation here in his home base isn't important…and that those defending him and his right to not be blasphemed by stupid, pointless comments are guilty of "hero worship."

Clearly more than one person gave pause to consider whether your post was actually authentic…and considering the fact that Thurman is a recovering alcoholic, you don't think the timeline is relevant?

Ah WEO…a flip, unattributed, apocryphal story…gotcha.

And you put it out there for what? Humor?

After all, we know that Thurman's reputation here in his home base isn't important…and that those defending him and his right to not be blasphemed by stupid, pointless comments are guilty of "hero worship."

Clearly more than one person gave pause to consider whether your post was actually authentic…and considering the fact that Thurman is a recovering alcoholic, you don't think the timeline is relevant?

"Blasphemed"??? Now he is a god?

The timeline is that it is a recent sighting (if you believe it happened).

It is relevant. I know one year Chris McDonald (aka "Shooter" McGavin) was at the Hunters Hope Ball, so I figured since Thurman was involved it would be Jim Kelly's golf tournament. Found this article from 2007 that mentions both of them would be at that years tournament in Florida. From what I've been able to find, it was early 2003 when he went to rehab and admitted he was an alcoholic.

Now get this topic back on track.