2 ways to build: Draft & $

I have been saying the same thing basically on this board for a few years, and whenever I do I get mauled by all these dreamers that claim Ralph is not cheap, he is the greatest owner in the NFL, etc. They could have kept Lynch who was under contract for a few more years with his rookie contract, but instead they wasted the #9 pick last year on a part time scat back at best and another pick this year, instead of just keeping a running back under contract with multiple 1,000 yard seasons under his helmet. Bills fans don't take much to get them excited or hopeful, but the truth is until Ralph is gone, the Bills will never be contenders.

and when Ralph is gone, so is the team. I say lets get on with that as I will still be a fan and I want to win. i don't care where the team is its all just laundry to me. i believe spiller will be very good , though.

What DB's did they "let go?" Winfield was offered an insane amount of money and the Bills couldn't match it ($10M ROSTER bonus, which would have hit the cap that year). Clements was WAY overpaid and overrated. Greer was an UDFA they developed who had 2 good seasons, but the Bills already had McGee and McKelvin, the Saints gave him a pretty good-sized deal, and Greer missed his last 6 games with the Bills, and has already missed 9 games with the Saints.

Who else? Peters? We've already gone down that road. He didn't want to be in Buffalo anymore. So they obliged. Likely Lynch wanted to be on the West Coast/out of Buffalo.

Lastly and again as I've been saying, Buffalo isn't even in the top-15 of choices for coaches and players. So you go with what you get and hope it works out. Does Ralph not have an eye for FO/coaching talent? Perhaps. But he's the owner so deal with it.

I love the Bills. Have for 40 years. Until stable, committed long term ownership is in place and the team is somewhere other than WNY, the Bills will do nothing more than compete. Therefore I look forward to a regime and location change that will recharge this moribund franchise and bring it to greatness again.

The Bills (RW) continue to not pay good players. Then have to draft replacements to fill the needs. Never getting any better. Drafting a RB and 3 freaking DB's. They could have kept Lynch (saved the Spiller pick and this White pick), and could have kept several DB's or Free agent picked one. So that is half the draft spent filling holes left cause RW won't invest in the team. Treading water again this year. Could have a QB roster of of Tebow and Kaepernick backing up Fitzpatrick - but NOOOOOO! That may be far fetched but how about Anthony Davis a 16 game starting tackle instead of Spiller, and Kaepernick instead of Aaron Williams

And in the 7th Bruce Miller and Greg Romeus were both available. I don't get it.. :wallbash:

Please submit your resume to One Bills Drive immediately. I can't believe a GM of your caliber is not employed by an NFL franchise.

I love the Bills. Have for 40 years. Until stable, committed long term ownership is in place and the team is somewhere other than WNY, the Bills will do nothing more than compete. Therefore I look forward to a regime and location change that will recharge this moribund franchise and bring it to greatness again.

Okay then. We'll see you when you return.

and when Ralph is gone, so is the team. I say lets get on with that as I will still be a fan and I want to win. i don't care where the team is its all just laundry to me. i believe spiller will be very good , though.

Brother, it's the journey & not the destination that matters. As soon as you figure that out, you'll be so much farther ahead. You might as well root for the Packers this year because they won & then root for the next winning team, 31 teams disappoint every year.