Whitner Tweets: Thinks he's gone?

scribo

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair enough, but you're actually blaming him here for where he was drafted. To reiterate what many have said here: being drafted at #8 was not his fault. It was someone else's.

I've never heard Whitner make that argument. And none of us ever will--he was drafted at exactly where he believed he should be drafted. You don't think he believes he was and is a top ten pick??

It's a strange defense. I guess every underperforming top 10 pick should use it: "hey, I didn't tell you to pick me in the first round! I'm more of a 3rd round talent, so please frame my performance in that way."

I'm not holding my breath..

Sit in the upper deck at the Ralph and watch Whitner play - like I have - and you'll see a safety consistently out of place and reacting LATE to just about every play. Moreover, he consistently gets beat one-on-one by backs in the hole. He's just not good enough to start - and he's not good enough to start on a 4-12 team.

Lastly, there is no drop off AT ALL when George Wilson steps in for him - and at least Wilson will make a play every once in awhile!

I resisted, but as Bills fans, we must acknowledge the 1st round bust and let this guy walk.