You know who benefits most from yesterday's pick?

Kyle Williams has got to be absolutely giddy right now. With the addition of Dareus he might actually get to take a snap without automatically having to fight through a double team on every play. The addition of Dareus will also improve our LB corps. I've never been the biggest Poz fan but with the upgrades on the OL they might actually be able to attack a gap without having to fight off a free roaming OL on every play.

If the Bills are sticking with the 3-4 Id really like to see Williams play DE opposite Dareus with Troupe at NT

Williams and Dareus could move inside on obvious passing situations

Edited by Max997

I just don't picture KW being nearly as effective in the 5 technique.

always find it funny when fans start using football terms as if they are a coach.

In simplier terms - you don't want Kyle Williams to play DE in the 3-4.

always find it funny when fans start using football terms as if they are a coach.

Agreed. That move would minimize his primary athletic asset. He is just fine where he is.

as good as Williams is he isnt a NT and in my opinion would be better suited playing DE in a 3-4 or DT in a 4-3

DE's in a 3-4 are run stoppers first and there isnt much difference in playing DE in a 3-4 and DT in a 4-3

If the Bills are sticking with the 3-4 Id really like to see Williams play DE opposite Dareus with Troupe at NT

Williams and Dareus could move inside on obvious passing situations

you cannot be serious. you make no sense. nix and gailey said flat out williams could play DE if they needed him to.

now we have 3 very good DE's and why you would even entertain playing a great inside player out of position when there is absolutly no reason to is beyond me.

we just spent a lot of money on edwards and covington and darius make the position now a position of strength.

inside we have an all pro and by all reports troup is on a conditioning mission,(i guess nix was right about the kids character and desire when everyone wanted fatso) and is a chiseled 237 the last time we heard so we will be much stronger up the middle.

your post makes no sense at all.all of a sudden our D/Line looks pretty damn good and young.

I think it's mandetory if you are going to post on this board, you have to grasp and use such terms. I mean really, don't all of us welcome 2-gap responsiblity? How we post "in space" or with our "hand on the ground" says something about who we are as fans. Jeezy Creezy son, don't be a WILL, be a SAM and embrace 0-3-5 technique lingo. Either that or say 220- 330, whatever it takes......

Agreed. That move would minimize his primary athletic asset. He is just fine where he is.

Bull. When he was moved to NT everyone said "He's too small" "It doesnt play to his talents" etc... and he ended up a Pro Bowler.

At DL you get your best guys on the field. And in the Bills case that will be Williams-Troup-Dareus.

And for everyone's reading enjoyment, and for anyone who wants to learn more about the different DL techniques, I present possibly the best football article Ive ever read:

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2011/1/11/1927873/examining-multiple-defensive-fronts-featuring-kyle-williams

They outline how Williams can be utilized in all of these fronts, and as a 3-4 DE.

Go Bills!!

you cannot be serious. you make no sense. nix and gailey said flat out williams could play DE if they needed him to.

now we have 3 very good DE's and why you would even entertain playing a great inside player out of position when there is absolutly no reason to is beyond me.

we just spent a lot of money on edwards and covington and darius make the position now a position of strength.

inside we have an all pro and by all reports troup is on a conditioning mission,(i guess nix was right about the kids character and desire when everyone wanted fatso) and is a chiseled 237 the last time we heard so we will be much stronger up the middle.

your post makes no sense at all.all of a sudden our D/Line looks pretty damn good and young.

Could we play him as a big safety then? :devil:

:blink:

I haven't heard a Troup report but I sure as hell hope the Bills future NT isn't 237lbs.

Edited by Peace

Bull. When he was moved to NT everyone said "He's too small" "It doesnt play to his talents" etc... and he ended up a Pro Bowler.

At DL you get your best guys on the field. And in the Bills case that will be Williams-Troup-Dareus.

And for everyone's reading enjoyment, and for anyone who wants to learn more about the different DL techniques, I present possibly the best football article Ive ever read:

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2011/1/11/1927873/examining-multiple-defensive-fronts-featuring-kyle-williams

They outline how Williams can be utilized in all of these fronts, and as a 3-4 DE.

Go Bills!!

Dareus can also play multiple positions. With those two moving around, it will definitely be a fun thing to watch. Offensive linemen will suddenly have to decide who gets double teamed and when. Linebackers will suddenly have open access to holes because offensive linemen will be tied up at the line of scrimmage. God forbid that Kyle Williams or Marcel Darius are left in one on one situations. We got very lucky with this pick. Hope we get some linebackers now.

Dareus can also play multiple positions. With those two moving around, it will definitely be a fun thing to watch. Offensive linemen will suddenly have to decide who gets double teamed and when. Linebackers will suddenly have open access to holes because offensive linemen will be tied up at the line of scrimmage. God forbid that Kyle Williams or Marcel Darius are left in one on one situations. We got very lucky with this pick. Hope we get some linebackers now.

AGREED!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

+1