Who Does New England Take at 33

NE also needs an OLB? Do they take a guy we want. or do we not even take an OLB and go QB. I want more defense, guys to make immediate impact. With all our needs, no need to waste a pick imo on a QB that will sit. We need impact players now as we have no depth.

Akeem Ayers :( That is if they don't trade the pick.

The Doomsday scenario could have played out I hear? Denver took Miller and supposedly if Carolina had taken Dareus we would have taken Gabbert. Bullet Dodged. That being said Buffalo is probably looking at Andy Dalton. It addresses the QB need with a 4 year starter who is NFL ready.

Fitz 2.0?

The Doomsday scenario could have played out I hear? Denver took Miller and supposedly if Carolina had taken Dareus we would have taken Gabbert. Bullet Dodged. That being said Buffalo is probably looking at Andy Dalton. It addresses the QB need with a 4 year starter who is NFL ready.

Fitz 2.0?

This is why I just don't see that being the pick. Personally, I think Dalton will be a pretty good pro down the line (he needs to sit for a while), but I think he'll be similar or a little better than Fitz. Can't see spending a pick on such a similar player (smart, decent/not great arm).

I have my doubts about Mallet, but at least that pick would be for a player with totally different potential than Mallet. I think he has high bust potential, but with that arm, if Gailey can coach him up, he could be the most intimidating QB in the league (long shot or not).

I think there are some great LB's available (I was really hoping for Sherrod :(), so while I won't be pissed about a QB pick, I'm hoping against it at the moment.

Edited by Faustus

NE will screw us in the 2nd, surprisingly NOT by taking a QB, but by taking an OLB Akeem Ayers.

Buffalo should hold tight at 34 and then pick their favorite out of Houston, Reed, or the ILBs.

NO to Dalton. He'll take 3 years to develop and then still only end up just as good as Fitz is now. No thanks. Stack the DEFENSE!!

I agree with your thoughts. Don't forget Batten and Coleman who could play both ILB and OLB. I would take Brooks Reed if he was there though. If Bowers is gone that is.

I know I for one am counting on Danny Batten and Aaron Maybin to cure our LB woes. :rolleyes:

I cannot believe Bowers is still there. His knee films must be bad.

I know I for one am counting on Danny Batten and Aaron Maybin to cure our LB woes. :rolleyes:

I cannot believe Bowers is still there. His knee films must be bad.

And to ensure your confidence, POZ has done...what, exactly?

Talk about a resume! He's manned the center of a defense that, under the entirety of his watch, has ranked in the basement against the run and continually gets torched by TE's.

We need to get better up the middle. Buddy said so himself. Said we need to get bigger, stronger, stouter, especially up the middle. I'm not sure how edge pass rushers factor into his assessment.

Talk about a resume! He's manned the center of a defense that, under the entirety of his watch, has ranked in the basement against the run and continually gets torched by TE's.

We need to get better up the middle. Buddy said so himself. Said we need to get bigger, stronger, stouter, especially up the middle. I'm not sure how edge pass rushers factor into his assessment.

Again, I think it comes to need vs value. I think the OLB's available are better, but ILB fills a bigger need (IMO, it's a MUCH bigger need right now).

Can't really go wrong with either pick, but I think with whoever they deem the best ILB, Poz becomes the supporting ILB instead of the leader which suits him much better and really solidifies the run defense. We obviously still need more QB pressure, but I really think the presence of Darius goes a long way in that respect. Puts a lot of pressure on Merriman to stay healthy, but I think it's a better gamble.

I dont want Bowers either, but Im REALLY looking forward to seeing how Poz can play with a decent DL in front of him FINALLY. And with the hopeful addition of Merriman and a rookie around him.

I want a LB in round 2. All of our "talent" that we've been waiting to produce just got much better with the addition of a REAL monster to the DL.

Again, I think it comes to need vs value. I think the OLB's available are better, but ILB fills a bigger need (IMO, it's a MUCH bigger need right now).

Can't really go wrong with either pick, but I think with whoever they deem the best ILB, Poz becomes the supporting ILB instead of the leader which suits him much better and really solidifies the run defense. We obviously still need more QB pressure, but I really think the presence of Darius goes a long way in that respect. Puts a lot of pressure on Merriman to stay healthy, but I think it's a better gamble.

I dont want Bowers either, but Im REALLY looking forward to seeing how Poz can play with a decent DL in front of him FINALLY. And with the hopeful addition of Merriman and a rookie around him.

I want a LB in round 2. All of our "talent" that we've been waiting to produce just got much better with the addition of a REAL monster to the DL.

Does this dearth of ILB's normally exist in an NFL draft? I don't seem to recall that ever really being the case before.

That said: picking up an OLB won't be the end of the universe. It looks like we're veering toward the Pittsburgh style 3-4, so having a roster stocked with LB's (especially with our injury history at the position) is exactly what this defense needs.

Same could be said about Kyle williams, guess he should be tossed aside too.

Fred Jacskon was part of a dismal offence his entire time here, along with Wood and Levitre who were members of an even worse o-line, guess they also suck too!

Does this dearth of ILB's normally exist in an NFL draft? I don't seem to recall that ever really being the case before.

That said: picking up an OLB won't be the end of the universe. It looks like we're veering toward the Pittsburgh style 3-4, so having a roster stocked with LB's (especially with our injury history at the position) is exactly what this defense needs.

Seems to me that football teams (even at the high school level) are moving their best athletes to other positions. This trend has been developing for awhile now. It's analogous to how the best guards are moved to tackle.

Like I posted elsewhere, there aren't any big ILB thumpers in this draft like Rolando McClain or Rey Maualuga. It seems every year, the ILB crop gets weaker and smaller.

But teams that stack great outside LBs can move them inside too…depending on the scheme and the player.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Seems to me that football teams (even at the high school level) are moving their best athletes to other positions. This trend has been developing for awhile now.

Like I posted elsewhere, there aren't any big ILB thumpers in this draft like Rolando McClain or Rey Maualuga. It seems every year, the ILB crop gets weaker and smaller.

But teams that stack great outside LBs can move them inside too…depending on the scheme and the player.

Based on what I saw of him, I think Kelvin Sheppard is worth this pick and can upgrade our defense. I don't know much about him, but it seems Mason Foster is rated higher by just about everyone, so I assume he's a solid pick at this point too.

If what you say is true (I'm more inclined to believe it's just a down year), it would seem this is a good time to get one.

Based on what I saw of him, I think Kelvin Sheppard is worth this pick and can upgrade our defense. I don't know much about him, but it seems Mason Foster is rated higher by just about everyone, so I assume he's a solid pick at this point too.

If what you say is true (I'm more inclined to believe it's just a down year), it would seem this is a good time to get one.

IMO, Mason Foster is the Andy Dalton of QBs.

When you watch Foster on video, he has great instincts and perfect fundamentals. And he tackles like a football player should unlike several more-highly ranked LBs. But he's a very marginal athlete. Sheppard might not be the player Foster is but he has more talent in his right arm than Foster does in his entire body.

This might be a good time to get an ILB…but not in the 2nd round, IMO.

Fitz 2.0?

That's why I don't think they pick Dalton, or a QB in round 2. Why draft Fitz 2.0 when you have 28 year old Fitz 1.0 on the roster.

NE will screw us in the 2nd, surprisingly NOT by taking a QB, but by taking an OLB Akeem Ayers.

Buffalo should hold tight at 34 and then pick their favorite out of Houston, Reed, or the ILBs.

NO to Dalton. He'll take 3 years to develop and then still only end up just as good as Fitz is now. No thanks. Stack the DEFENSE!!

Yep, just watch old BB screw us roayally again. I agree, if he takes Ayers, then we should take the next best LB.