High Speed Rail

Which makes sense to you, because you're the Riddler.

It is ill advised because it is a guaranteed money loser. The current political and economic status have nothing to do with this. They could have started "High Speed Rail" during the Clinton "Bust Out" and it would still be a ridiculous idea, only it would be losing even more money we don't have RIGHT NOW.

Your delusions have never been more off target. It's actually fascinating to watch you play in your own excrement in public.

:lol:

And the wars were ill advised money loser... Only in your fantasy world things are perfect. I am a realist and I take the other poster is too. You THINK you know where I stand when it comes to spending on this boondoggle.

With your multiple quotes/replies/post dissection... What you call "excrement" fits you well. As usual, when you think you see excrement, you wade aimlessly into it like a little Naplolean. In this sick world, I take you can find a real scat fetish elsewhere Bonaparte. Freak.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And the wars were ill advised money loser...

Duh.

Only in your fantasy world things are perfect. I am a realist and I take the other poster is too. You THINK you know where I stand when it comes to spending on this boondoggle.

The Riddler rolls on!

With your multiple quotes/replies/post dissection... What you call "excrement" fits you well. As usual, when you think you see excrement, you wade aimlessly into it like a little Naplolean. In this sick world, I take you can find a real scat fetish elsewhere Bonaparte. Freak.

Is "Naplolean" the little fella who sits with you and gives you the words you type? If so, you might want to get him some medical help because it looks like he's dyslexic with a side of Tourette's. Use your words, Eric. Read the things you type back to yourself, so you don't sound so blindingly ignorant. You'd have been better off typing "I know you are but what am I."

There's nothing more awesome than watching you trying to insult someone. It's like watching a helpless kitten attack the mirror. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

LA Times article: "But in a report Tuesday, a panel of experts created by state law to help safeguard the public's interest raised serious doubts about almost every aspect of the project and concluded that the current plan "is not financially feasible." As a result, the panel said, it "cannot at this time recommend that the Legislature approve the appropriation of bond proceeds for this project.""

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-bullet-train-report-20120104,0,3258448.story

LA Times editorial: "Build it anyway"

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/opinionla/la-ed-rail-20120107,0,5272840.story

LA Times article: "But in a report Tuesday, a panel of experts created by state law to help safeguard the public's interest raised serious doubts about almost every aspect of the project and concluded that the current plan "is not financially feasible." As a result, the panel said, it "cannot at this time recommend that the Legislature approve the appropriation of bond proceeds for this project.""

http://www.latimes.c...0,3258448.story

LA Times editorial: "Build it anyway"

http://www.latimes.c...0,5272840.story

"Don't listen to experts who have found serious, unresolved, and unlikely to be resolved, issues with the plan. Focus on me, and what I say is a NEED, because I know better than experts who in this case have nothing to gain by fudging their #s! Ignore the terrible choices we made when things were going well economically, that have put us in a situation that is untenable when they are going poorly! Re-commit yourself to bad choices, things are bound to get better, and the consequences of all these bad choices will go away as soon as the economy recovers!"

The original headline(see your browser's tab for the page) was "Keeping faith with California's bullet train".

Yes, keeping faith with idiotic solutions that were predicated on poor/non-existent problem definition. Par for the course for a liberal twit. It's interesting that we must have "faith" when it comes to this liberal solution. I thought everything liberals demand is based on science and data?

It's hysterical that this turd tries to equate his lack of proper contingency planning with being "visionary".

Edited by OCinBuffalo

I read a charles lane WAPO article talking about this subject morning. That panel has concluded

The latest authoritative warning came last week from the California High-Speed Rail Peer Review Group, which called the program “an immense financial risk” for the state and refused to recommend that the state legislature sell $2.7 billion in bonds to start a 130-mile initial stretch of the system.

Yet the president said

In announcing the appointment of a new economic adviser last summer, President Obama emphasized his commitment to fact-based policymaking. It’s “more important than ever,” he said, to get “recommendations not based on politics, not based on narrow interests, but based on the best evidence, based on what’s going to do the most good for the most people in this country.”

Yet

The PRG’s caution seems amply justified, given that the project’s costs are already mounting far beyond what voters were originally told. The 2008 referendum assumed a $33 billion price tag for a system stretching from Sacramento to San Diego. But more recent estimates have reached $98 billion.

But, to Brown, the warnings lose validity through repetition. The PRG report “does not appear to add any arguments that are new or compelling enough to suggest a change of course,” his spokesman said.

Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood, who has declared that “we will not be dissuaded by the naysayers and the critics,” told me to discount the PRG report. He said its lead author, former California governor Arnold Schwarzenegger’s ® erstwhile transportation chief Will Kempton, used to support building a high-speed line in the San Joaquin Valley — until he “switched allegiances” and became CEO of transportation for Orange County. Kempton denies it.

So, we all know that there were many red flags with Solyndra and now with this highspeed rail, and they are gonna simply ignore it.

Why? well we talked about this many times here before, the president is an idealogue, idealogy trumps logic. He wants green energy and high speed rails so badly that they ignore all the warnings.

If Obama was a venture capitalist, and was heading Bain Capital, they would of folded in the first 6 months.