Record Store Day

Cugalabanza

Been working at one of the best indie record stores in the country (Waterloo Records- Austin, TX), part time, for almost 11 years...our owner was one of the "creators" of the Record Store Day concept. It has really taken off...we are expecting a big turnout on Saturday. We have instores, that day, with Eric Johnson and the Toadies...

Been working at one of the best indie record stores in the country (Waterloo Records- Austin, TX), part time, for almost 11 years...our owner was one of the "creators" of the Record Store Day concept. It has really taken off...we are expecting a big turnout on Saturday. We have instores, that day, with Eric Johnson and the Toadies...

http://www.time.com/time/arts/article/0,8599,2065345,00.html

one of Time Magazine's ten best record stores in the country!

There's a limited edition International Submarine Band LP that's coming out for RSD---highly recommended!

"Safe At Home" is a terrific record. Some say, it was the first real "country-rock" albums. Don't know if you ever heard the deluxe edition of the Byrds "Sweethearts Of the Rodeo". If you are a GP fan, it has about 5 ISB tracks that were previously unreleased ("Truck Drivin' Man" will be on the RSD release), and they are phenominal. Just amazing all the great music that gets lost in time...I am a bit of a music junkie, and I would say about 95% of the stuff I buy was released 20-40 years ago..but it is new to me...

"Safe At Home" is a terrific record. Some say, it was the first real "country-rock" albums. Don't know if you ever heard the deluxe edition of the Byrds "Sweethearts Of the Rodeo". If you are a GP fan, it has about 5 ISB tracks that were previously unreleased ("Truck Drivin' Man" will be on the RSD release), and they are phenominal. Just amazing all the great music that gets lost in time...I am a bit of a music junkie, and I would say about 95% of the stuff I buy was released 20-40 years ago..but it is new to me...

How was everyone's day?

How was everyone's day?

Got a late start but good. Only limited pressing was one of the my morning jacket art vinyls. Got a bunch of rsd swag and some old used CDs. I was hoping for a couple things that sold out but I'm happy.