mob16151 mock draft

mob16151

Just a little mock draft to kill some time.

It's merry merry mob16151 draft.

by mob16151 on Apr 14, 2011 7:46 AM PDT

7 comments Email PrintAdmin

Edit

Delete.Greetings fellow rumblers. I'm going to get into the mocking spirit and give you my Bills only mock. This is how I envision the 2011 Nfl draft breaking down for the Bills. So withoit further dudes.

Rd 1. Patrick Peterson CB LSU. In my mind Patrick Peterson, and AJ Green are the two top prospects in this draft. I like Green, but the Bills WR corps is solid enough that I don't believe that Green will be pick there. I do think Peterson will be. He's got elite size,speed, and hands. He also provides a heir apparent to McGee, makes Florence expendable, and as a bonus he provides great value on Special Teams as well.

Rd.2 Jabaal Sheard DE/OLB Pitt. A guy that Dave Wannstedt is very familiar with. He's versataile enough to play in the 4-3 or 3-4, and is a very good pass rusher. He has the talent to go in the late 1st rounnd, but there is that arrest on his record.

Rd. 3 James Brewer OT Indiana. A massive Offensive lineman in the mold that Gailey and Nix seem to prefer. He would challenge Pears for the starting RT spot from Day 1.

Rd 4.Kelvin Sheppard ILB LSU. This is the one pick that has been rumored for awhile. And I see the sense in it. He'd offer a nice long term option next to Poz in the middle. And would have a chance to learn behind Davis for awhile.

Rd 4. Jordan Cameron TE USC. Much like Graham last year and Gates and Gonzalez before that, Cameron is a former Basketball player with a ton of upside. He needs a ton of work, but could be very very good down the road.

Rd 5. Tyrod Taylor QB Va Tech. I know this is the pick that some Bills fans will hate. However I think Taylor is a very real possibility for the Bills. He lacks elite heigth, but has every other measurable you'd want in a QB. And he's a leader who never gives up. I'd be very happy to see Taylor in a Bills uniform next season.

Rd 6. Owen Marecic FB/MLB Stanford. His pro position is probably FB, but I can see Gailey and company, happily adding a guy as well rounded as Marecic to the roster.

After RD 6 it's kind of a crap shoot. I wouldn't be suprised to see the Bills make an effort to get back up in the draft and get a guy like Roy Helu in the 5th or 6th. If only to present a third type of running style to opposing defences. Anyhow comment away.

The Bills aren't going to take a CB when our rush defense is in shambles

Dumbest move ever - I don't care how good Peterson is

The pick has to be LB, DE, DT, or QB.

How dumb would taking a DT be when we have Williams and Troup?

The Bills aren't going to take a CB when our rush defense is in shambles

Dumbest move ever - I don't care how good Peterson is

The pick has to be LB, DE, DT, or QB.

Lets see here, Florence is a Free Agent and up and down at the best of times. Mcgee is older,slower, and seems to be getting more, and more banged up. McKelvin hasn't shown enough to start. And Youboty is also a Free Agent,and do you really want Corner on the field more than he is already? A CB will come off the board to the Bills in the first three rounds. Theres my bold prediction.

kelvin sheppard probably wont be there in the 4th. he may go late 2nd. i like peterson but judging by the things nix/gailey have said about him they do sound like they think he is more of a nickel corner.

darues/miller/gabbert/ajgreen is my guess for the bills big board. we do have so many holes on this team that any pick will be justified some how

How dumb would taking a DT be when we have Williams and Troup?

We need a nose tackle. neither Troupe or Williams are suitable nose tackles for a 3-4. The LBs on this team look very bad due to a great part of the lack of a true NT. if we take Von in rd 1 we have to come back and take a NT in rd 2.

Lets see here, Florence is a Free Agent and up and down at the best of times. Mcgee is older,slower, and seems to be getting more, and more banged up. McKelvin hasn't shown enough to start. And Youboty is also a Free Agent,and do you really want Corner on the field more than he is already? A CB will come off the board to the Bills in the first three rounds. Theres my bold prediction.

I fully agree. Peterson in the 1st, Aaron Williams/Davon House in the 2nd, or Burton/Patrick/Dowling in the 3rd. My wild card is Jimmy Smith falling to us in between our #3 and #34 pick.

We need a nose tackle. neither Troupe or Williams are suitable nose tackles for a 3-4. The LBs on this team look very bad due to a great part of the lack of a true NT. if we take Von in rd 1 we have to come back and take a NT in rd 2.

Agreed. One would be a waste without the other. This I think is a very real senario for the BB.

Pretty much any defensive position we can pick in the first round will be an improvement over what we already have, so I'm not gonna lost any sleep over it.

That said, I would enjoy the irony of having both Cameron Jordan and Jordan Cameron on our roster

I respectfully disagree. I think that Williams is just fine at NT and I have high hopes for

Troupe based on his work ethic. He is reportedly up into the 320lb range and that is

more than big enough to play NT (now to see if he has the skills). Not every successful

3-4 defense has a 340lb NT.