[SUW] Favorite Christmas episode of a

Just Jack

Kind of an odd one, but the "Sopranos" had two particularly effective Chirstmas episodes. One from the first season where they interspliced footage of Christopher getting beat up by some Russian mafia thugs, and of Uncle Junior and Mikey shooting Brendan between the eyes, to "send a message", all the while Meadow is singing in a high school Christmas pageant, "All Through the Night". That was like the 4th or 5th episode I think. I remember getting a chill down my spine during that montage, and thinking "damn this is a great tv show!"

The second one came a few years later, after Tony had killed off kitty, his best friend. He kept having these recurring nightmares about a talking fish (kitty's voice). So, on Christmas morning, Meadow gives him his gift, and it is one of those stupid singing fish plaques....the look on Gandolfinis' face was priceless.....sometimes I think I love the "Sopranos" than Christmas itself!

you are mistaken.  i know it wasn't the first episode, but it may have been their first christmas episode

161625[/snapback]

No, this one wasn't until the 3rd or 4th (I think 4th) season. Their first Christmas episode was a take off of the Night Before Christmas and that was the 2nd season.

It boggles my mind I know this stuff, yet, forget where the hell my car is parked on Monday mornings.

1) Married ... with Children - It's a Bundyful Life

Just a great episode all around for fans of the show. Al sees how his family lives might have been if he was never born.

2) Merry Christmas Mr. Bean

The scene in the department store with the Nativity is great.

161158[/snapback]

X-Files: A Christmas Carol (I think that was the name).

Very funny and weird episode that I simply loved.

Yeah Yeah, I know that it is not a true 'Christmas episode' in the traditional sense. But who cares ? It is my favorite.

No, this one wasn't until the 3rd or 4th (I think 4th) season. Their first Christmas episode was a take off of the Night Before Christmas and that was the 2nd season.

It boggles my mind I know this stuff, yet, forget where the hell my car is parked on Monday mornings.

161769[/snapback]

Hmmmm, my memory is pretty bad for a lot of things, but I am almost positive that this was one of the very early episodes, maybe not the first...

As far as having your mind boggled, I have the same thing with Bills games. If something happens between August and December (sometimes January!) I can usually remember who the Bills were playing that weekend, and if they won or lost. Amazing thing though, on game day, I get so caught up in the immediate play, I forget the sequence of events from earlier in the game....bizarre!

161769[/snapback]

Damn, I think I was right. Just went to a "Simpsons" episode guide, and it explains, "Simpsons Roasting On an Open Fire", while the 8th episode produced of the "Simpsons" was actually the first one aired, in December 1989! I am not losing my mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here you go:

The Simpsons - Episode Guide

Season: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 All

Season 1

1. The Simpson's Christmas Special: Simpsons Roasting on an Open Fire

gs: Hank Azaria (Voice of Moe Szyslak) Jo Ann Harris (Voice of Unknown) Pamela Hayden (Voice of Milhouse Van Houten) Christopher Collins (Voice of Mr. Burns (uncredited))

While at work Mr. Burns (Homer's boss) announces that the Christmas bonuses have been taken away from the workers. While gift shopping Bart gets a tattoo and Marge finds out. She spends all of her Christmas money on the tattoo's removal. When Homer comes home from work, and learns that Marge had to spend all the money, he doesn't tell Marge about the lost Christmas bonuses. While at Moe's Bar, Moe notices Homer is depressed and asks why. He tells Moe, and Barney (Homer's friend at the bar) suggests that Homer work as a Santa. Homer gets the job and starts working at the local mall. At the mall, Bart's friend (now known as Milhouse) dares Bart to pull Santa's beard off. Bart does and discovers Homer's secret. Homer explains, and Bart understands. Sometime later, Homer receives his paycheck but with all the deductions it is nearly not enough to pay for Christmas presents. Barney suggests that he gamble his earnings at the dog track and Bart encourages Homer to do it. At the track they bet on a dog known as known as Santa's Little Helper (SLH). SLH loses miserably and Homer is upset, but when the owners of SLH kick him out of the track, Bart asks Homer if they can keep him. They bring home SLH and the family has a good as Christmas as could be expected. The family, along with Grampa, Patty and Selma sing their variation of "Rudolph, the Red Nosed Reindeer" as the show comes to a close.

b: 17-Dec-1989 pc: 7G08 w: Mimi Pond d: David Silverman

NOTE: There is no Blackboard or Couch gag in this episode's opening titles, owing to the holiday theme of the episode making the title sequence different.

This episode was the eighth to be made for the series, as shown by the production code, but because the series was beginning broadcast just before Christmas 1989, logic dictated that should be the first one shown in the run.

At the end, the copyright says 1990.

First appearances (not including The Tracey Ullman Show): Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa, Maggie, Principal Skinner, Ralph Wiggum, Mr. Burns, Grandpa, Patty, Selma, Snowball II, Ned Flanders, Rod Flanders, Moe, Barney, Lewis, Milhouse, and Santa's Little Helper.

With few exceptions, 1st season and seasons 6+ have all aired on Sunday evening and episodes in seasons 2-5 usually aired on Thursday night.

While this season(and every season after sixth)airs the new episodes on Sunday,it was in the Thursday slot from seasons 2 through 5.

In 1990 A book was made based on this episode called 'The Simpsons at Christmas'

According to the DVD commentary, the original idea was to have Skinner, mispronounce words.

Hmmmm, my memory is pretty bad for a lot of things, but I am almost positive that this was one of the very early episodes, maybe not the first...

As far as having your mind boggled, I have the same thing with Bills games.  If something happens between August and December (sometimes January!) I can usually remember who the Bills were playing that weekend, and if they won or lost.  Amazing thing though, on game day, I get so caught up in the immediate play, I forget the sequence of events from earlier in the game....bizarre!

161792[/snapback]

You know- selective memory. Last week, after the game, I went out to dinner with a girl I date. I can recall everything from the game last Sunday. Can't remember what either of us had for dinner or what we discussed. I'm sure I must have been a very fun date.

You know- selective memory. Last week, after the game, I went out to dinner with a girl I date. I can recall everything from the game last Sunday. Can't remember what either of us had for dinner or what we discussed. I'm sure I must have been a very fun date.

161817[/snapback]

Gosh, if you are right, what I select to remember, and choose to forget, make me a vile human being............ :lol: