Tebow

There is still zero evidence for this claim.

Not true. Multiple times ESPN had Schefter speak live on air during the draft when the whole trade went down. His first reports were “Buffalo and Denver and both trying to trade up, and I hear they are targeting Tebow” and his last report was “Denver offered more than Buffalo for the opportunity to move up and get Tebow”

Now anyone with half a brain can see that as soon as Tebow was drafted, the Bills stopped trying to trade up. If they were targeting a different player – why all of a sudden stop trying to move up? Denver took Tebow, if Buffalo wanted someone else, then your guy was still there and you can still move up!

Then there is also the Tebow documentary which shows the draft from Tebow’s point of view. Its very clear in that documentary that Buffalo was considering Tebow at #9 Maybe they weren’t expecting Spiller to lasst that long and it made their decision easier, but Buffalo was thinking Tebow at 9 long before draft day. Tebow’s agent said something like “The Bills call me every other day… They want you [Tebow] at 9, then they don’t, then they do, then they don’t, they can’t make up their mind” And I think he even mentioned that Buffalo had a few trade scenarios lined up where they land Tebow, Denver definitely did – and pulled through with it.

Could anyone post a link to a report or interview supporting the claim that Buffalo was going to pick Tebow last draft?

If you can find a link to that Tebow documentary, it’s all there. That’s not a report either, its better.

If Denver wants a qb in this draft how about him and their fourt for our second and fifth?

Hmmm sounds like Crazy talk. If Denver doesn't want this guy, Then why would I give up so much to get him, when they might end up cutting him????

Edited by mattsox

If the Bills wanted Tebow they would have drafted him last year.

+1

Besides I think it's more of a message to any interested trade partners (for the spot) and less of an indication on how they feel about their current QBs.

Edited by dpberr

Not true. Multiple times ESPN had Schefter speak live on air during the draft when the whole trade went down. His first reports were “Buffalo and Denver and both trying to trade up, and I hear they are targeting Tebow” and his last report was “Denver offered more than Buffalo for the opportunity to move up and get Tebow”

Now anyone with half a brain can see that as soon as Tebow was drafted, the Bills stopped trying to trade up. If they were targeting a different player – why all of a sudden stop trying to move up? Denver took Tebow, if Buffalo wanted someone else, then your guy was still there and you can still move up!

Then there is also the Tebow documentary which shows the draft from Tebow’s point of view. Its very clear in that documentary that Buffalo was considering Tebow at #9 Maybe they weren’t expecting Spiller to lasst that long and it made their decision easier, but Buffalo was thinking Tebow at 9 long before draft day. Tebow’s agent said something like “The Bills call me every other day… They want you [Tebow] at 9, then they don’t, then they do, then they don’t, they can’t make up their mind” And I think he even mentioned that Buffalo had a few trade scenarios lined up where they land Tebow, Denver definitely did – and pulled through with it.

So wait, you believe the Bills showed genuine interest in taking Tebow at #9 prior to the draft, told people they were trying to trade back into the 1st round for him, and stopped trying to trade up exactly when his name was called? But don't believe it when they vehemently denied being interested in him?

Like I said, no evidence. Just speculation.

If Denver hadn't jumped in to get him we would have drafted him. Nix F-up last year by drafting the BPA which sure wasn't spiller, so hopefully this year they learn from their mistakes and draft the best need. The only teams that should do BPA are ones that are fully loaded already.

Waste? Tebow is a gamer and not second tier, He'd be first QB off the board this year.

I think it is too early to declare Tebow a bust or a future hall of famer. To listen to his supporters, you would think he was unstoppable last year and cheated out of a pro bowl spot. His detractors won't given him any credit for playing pretty well for a rookie. Personally, I don't think he has the arm to win in the NFL but neither did Joe Kapp (Capp? an old school QB for the Vikings who threw ducks but could run and improvise). He might find a way to use what he does have to succeed despite where his talent is a bit short. I can't imagine trading for him. I don't see how we would ever be on the same page with the Broncos in order to reach a deal.

If the Bills wanted Tebow they would have drafted him last year.

My guess is there were about 20 players the Bills wanted last year that were all drafted after there 1st round pick and before their 2nd round pick. Just because they didnt have enough picks to draft them all doesnt mean they didnt want him.

So wait, you believe the Bills showed genuine interest in taking Tebow at #9 prior to the draft, told people they were trying to trade back into the 1st round for him, and stopped trying to trade up exactly when his name was called? But don't believe it when they vehemently denied being interested in him?

Like I said, no evidence. Just speculation.

Clearly you dont want to believe the Bills had a genuine interest in drafting Tebow and rationalise it by calling evidence to the contrary speculation, while taking the word of Ralph who refuses to admit failure (he constantly claims he wants to win the SB before he dies yet refuses to do anythign to actually acomplish that goal).

How is a - first hand account - of the Bills telling a player we like you and want to draft you and may be able to do it at #9 - in secret without any of that info being leaked to the media (which is a fact) not evidence? Do you think its a smokecreen? What good is a smokescreen when no one else knows about it? That means…. Its not a smokescreen! It cant be!

Then, on draft day, members of the media get wind of the trade battle between Buffalo and Denver which *reportedly* was a battle for rights to Tebow.

Denver wins said battle and selects Tebow (fact). Buffalo doesnt trade up in the next few picks and no reports surface about buffalo trying to trade up after Tebow is selected (also fact). Any reasonable person can deduct that Buffalo was also targeting Tebow. If not, then why would they go from hell-bent on trading up to not wanting to at all without the player they coveted being off the board????? So now the report which said Buffalo wants Tebow, is backup up by the actions of the organization. Thats pretty strong evidence…

So to answer your questions, Yes I believe the Bills showed genuine interest in Tebow at 9 because they DID. I believe they told people they were trying to trade back into the 1st for him because they DID tell his agent that(in secret - so it cant be a smokescreen), and I believe they did stop trying to trade up for Tebow exactly when his name was called BECAUSE THATIS WHAT HAPPENED! An no, I dont believe old arse Ralph denying their interest in tebow because actions speak louder than words. He can deny it all he wants but the proof is in the pudding for all reasonable people to see. I dont believe that bold faced lie the same way I dont believe that he truely wants to win the SB.

If you want to ignore the facts and evidence and believe a 95 y/o man who has been lying through his teeth about winning for decades then fine If you cant be reasonable and have already made up your mind no amount of proof will be enough to change it.

Edited by Thoner7

Clearly you don’t want to believe the Bills had a genuine interest in drafting Tebow and rationalise it by calling evidence to the contrary speculation, while taking the word of Ralph who refuses to admit failure (he constantly claims he wants to win the SB before he dies yet refuses to do anythign to actually acomplish that “goal”).

How is a - first hand account - of the Bills telling a player “we like you and want to draft you and may be able to do it at #9” - in secret without any of that info being leaked to the media – (which is a fact) not evidence? Do you think it’s a smokecreen? What good is a smokescreen when – no one else knows about it? That means…. Its not a smokescreen! It cant be!

Then, on draft day, members of the media get wind of the trade battle between Buffalo and Denver which *reportedly* was a battle for rights to Tebow.

Denver wins said battle and selects Tebow (fact). Buffalo doesn’t trade up in the next few picks and no reports surface about buffalo trying to trade up after Tebow is selected (also fact). Any reasonable person can deduct that Buffalo was also targeting Tebow. If not, then why would they go from hell-bent on trading up to not wanting to at all – without the player they coveted being off the board????? So now the report which said Buffalo wants Tebow, is backup up by the actions of the organization. That’s pretty strong evidence…

So to answer your questions, Yes I believe the Bills showed genuine interest in Tebow at 9 – because they DID. I believe they told people they were trying to trade back into the 1st for him because they DID tell his agent that(in secret - so it cant be a smokescreen), and I believe they did stop trying to trade up for Tebow exactly when his name was called – BECAUSE THAT’IS WHAT HAPPENED! An no, I don’t believe old arse Ralph denying their interest in tebow because actions speak louder than words. He can deny it all he wants but the proof is in the pudding for all reasonable people to see. I don’t believe that bold faced lie the same way I don’t believe that he truely wants to win the SB.

If you want to ignore the facts and evidence and believe a 95 y/o man who has been lying through his teeth about winning for decades then fine If you cant be reasonable and have already made up your mind no amount of proof will be enough to change it.

The Bills may have had an interest in Tebow in the 2nd round, but there's no evidence that he was the guy they traded-up to get at the end of the 1st. In fact, that documentary to which you're referring has Tebow's agent saying the Bills called him multiple times the week of the draft, but weren't sure if they wanted to take him in the 1st or 2nd, or even at all. How many times did the Bills call Spiller's agent, seeing as he's the guy they did take at 9 overall? And again, pre-draft talk is worth nothing, much less what's said to an agent who can and will use anything to a better deal for his client.

As for what transpired on the day of the draft, teams don't divulge who it is they're trading-up for. And no team (i.e. the Ravens) who the Bills talked to about trading up have corroborated Schefter's story.

Lastly, unless someone was there and saw the Bills slam-down the phone as soon as Rog read Tebow's name, no one can claim that the Bills stopped trying to trade-up once Tebow was selected. There were several players before Tebow who the Bills could have used, and one (Demaryius Thomas) was at a position of need AND a player Gailey personally coached. He was selected by Denver in another trade-up, that might have been what Schefter mistakenly attributed to the Bills going after Tebow.

We'll have to agree to disagree. But it appears that Tebow is "on the market" since Elway doesn't think too much of him. If the Bills decide to trade for him, we'll have our proof.

Edited by Doc

did you get this idea from me lol?

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/128551-dream-and-realistic-top-4-mock/

I would love to add Tebow, even moreso now than in last years draft, but unless there is a new CBA in place pre-draft we cant trade for players. We could trade for him before the season (if we dont draft a QB) and give up a 2012 pick (2nd roudner still likely)

Probably...cuz its a terrible idea.

Edited by DreReed83