Locker compared to Losman

Good to see in print what I've been feeling about this crop of QBs all along. They're simply not that good and not worth using a #3 pick. Just because the Bills need a QB doesn't mean they should take one at 3.

Agreed. No franchise QB in this years draft. Give it up Bills fans. No silver bullet this year. Lets just get better with some good athletes, get Carrington and Batten on the field and hope we get a shot at Andrew Luck next year.

so by throwing it more your % goes up? Don't think so, the spread is to get the defense "spread" out to make big plays. The more you throw it the more likely your % goes down I don't care what offense you run. Why do you think all these spread guys & is low?

While tyhe spread does intend to "spread" out the defense, it also frequently features a shorter passing attack, which leads to higher completion percentages. Big plays? More by the design of the spread and YAC than wide open, deep routes by far.

The spread is designed to create large windows and get players in space (easier to complete). It also tends to incorporate short passes which are more likely completed than long bombs.

Teams also uses many different types of screens as “running” plays. Depending on the team, the number of screens a team runs could easily exceed 30% of all the passes thrown (example Dan Lefevour at Central Michigan or Colt Brennan at Hawaii).

Lets say a QB throws 100 passes over the course of 2 games and 30 of those passes are screens of some kind. I’d say 27 of those would be completed figuring 1 in 10 is dropped/batted down/an off target throw. Even if the QB completed only 50% of the remaining 70 throws, his completion percentage would be 62%. If the QB completed 60% of his non-screen throws, it would be 69%

Just another example of how stats are misleading.

Guys because a writer knocks the Bills and his name isn't Jerry Sullivan, it doesn't mean he isn't right. The Bills completely mismanaged Losman and Edwards. Losman was given the starting job instead of taking it from Bledsoe, and anytime he struggled they didn't stick with him, instead they benched him for Kelly Holcomb. Edwards was a good prospect that Dick jauron's conservative nature ruined.

The guy the Bills need to pick up if they can get him in the later rounds is Dalton out of TCU , the kids completion percentage was 66.1 & his over all record in college was 42 & 7 .

I think the kid is going to be NFL royalty in a couple of years !! :worthy:

Maybe, but just a little bit of Dalton's 42-7 record is attributable to the quality of TCU's defense, no?

Now this isn't something I've seen discussed too much- do you think lockers baseball career has effected his qb play negatively? The mechanics and footwork, especially in the pocket are almost baseball-Esque.... Will getting away from baseball help him?

I just realized yesterday that people actually think Mel & McShay know what they're talking about. I find it amazing. They're consistently wrong year after year after year. Consistently show that they especially know very little when it comes to how NFL teams actually draft QBs in particular.

But year after year somehow people listen to their opinions as if they have merit.

It's entertainment people.

It's like listening to a weatherman in a sitcom for your local forecast.

Agreed... :thumbsup:

Honestly, based on some past showings, I'll take accurate and easy from him. Early in the offseason he struggled with that. I'm not saying draft him but I'd love to see most of these guys succeed. I still think the baseball career has been part of his issue that's gone relatively unmentioned