My mock

NFL DRAFT

Carolina pick- Marcell Dareus DT/DE- Carolina has lost in the past 2 yrs, Kris Jenkins, and Julius Peppers. They used to be built on the fear of their DL. They also drafted Jimmy Clausen in the 2nd round last year who lets face it, by many was said to be a top 5 pick. They got lucky with him and can put it in his hands again with him knowing hes the starter

Denver pick- Patrick Peterson CB- Obvious pick here. Peterson is the safest, best pick they could get and Denver doesnt really specifically NEED a certain player like most teams do. They are in position for a top pick and well there biggest need is secondary with Bailey up in years.

Buffalo Bills Pick

I consider there being 5 options right here primarily.

Option one is the new talk of the league, Von Miller. Some say that theres no way he fails, but thoughts of Aaron Maybin keep popping up with me and it scares me. A 245 pound OLB who is known for his speed scares me. Id stay away from him.

2nd option is Blane Gabbert who well know one had him in the top 20 till a few weeks after the season ended and i believe Mel Kiper mentioned him. Ive seen him play, ive seen how he throws and hes Clausen 2.0.

3rd option is probably the BPA right now and safest best- Da'Quan Bowers DE- Now this pick made me think alot when i first saw people mention it because some people compared his size and his style to Bruce Smith. 3-4 DE who gets after the QB is rare. But then I thought about it again. We have another player who was takin high up there last year by the name of Alex Carrington. Carrington did well last year and is 6-5 280 while Bowers is 6-3 280. Not sure bout build wise but this does tell me one things, Carrington can get his hands up which is a plus over Bowers. Carrington also came in the NFL considered a big man who can sack the QB. Id say we should try the Ravens style and have Carrington as Pryce, Williams as Greg and Troup as Ngata and take it from there

4th- Nic Fairly- Issues see above

5th- The most intreguing (spelled wrong) pick of the draft and most popular player all season. Heisman winner Cam Neuton. This is my pick and keep in mind going into the draft i hated Neuton and did not want a QB at 3. I have 5 facts for why Neuton

Fact 1- Gailey and mobile QBs click well- Ray Lucas, Kordell Stewart, Tyler Thigpen, and Ryan Fitzpatrick all had career years under the coaching of Gailey. Its a well known fact that Gailey likes fast QBs and with the attention paid to Vick during FA, hes looking for one

Fact 2- Gailey has been all over Cam so far. Eating dinner, bragging bout his mechanics talking bout how much he likes him as a person. Gailey has a thing for him.

Fact 3- Cam Neuton is a good mechanical better taught form of Tim Tebow. Buffalo seemed to want TeBow alot last year and seemed to take every chance they could to talk bout him. And there were rumors that we were trying to trade up for him.

Fact 4- Buddy Nix and Ralph Wilson both announced before the season and in the middle of the season, even while Fitz was lighting it up, that we are going to get a franchise QB this year.

Fact 5- Last and most importantly. Gailey and Nix telegraphed there pick last year talking highly of Spiller and this year is being linked to everything having to do with Neuton.

1st pick- Cam Neuton- QB

2nd Pick- Muhammed Wilkerson DE- Ok i have to be honest, outside of the 1st 15 picks i dont know much bout the DEs but looking at the write ups on this guy and his size, he looks really good and probably will slip to the 2nd. Looking at our needs right now at this pick, there is no S worth our time, OTs can wait till nxt year, TE is not worth it here, and i dont like the ILBs. So the BPA DE i think should be the pick

3rd Pick- Casey Mathews OLB- This guy is by far my favorite person in the draft and ive seen only a few games. He made so many game changing plays in his career and is so inspiring when he plays. He has that no way he can go wrong aspect in my eyes. I think hes the most underated player in the draft and idc what size he is, he plays like a monster.

4th pick- Robert Sands SS- This guy is incredible. Diving after balls coming from no where to make a hit, making a one yard gain painfull, we need him on our backfield. 6-5 220 pounds can cover alot of ground and is a very hard hitting S

This is my top 4 rounds, can anyone say we didnt improve?

1st pick: Not a fan. There's a handful of players I'd rather see drafted at #3 than Newton.

2nd pick: Wilkerson is not getting out of the 1st round. Kid is a beast that nobody has heard much of because of the team he plays for. He's legit though.

3rd pick: Terrible. Matthews is going to get overdrafted because of his last name and not football ability. He's a 5th/6th round talent.

4th pick: I guess.

1st pick: Not a fan. There's a handful of players I'd rather see drafted at #3 than Newton.

2nd pick: Wilkerson is not getting out of the 1st round. Kid is a beast that nobody has heard much of because of the team he plays for. He's legit though.

3rd pick: Terrible. Matthews is going to get overdrafted because of his last name and not football ability. He's a 5th/6th round talent.

4th pick: I guess.

You have not seen Mathews play I can tell

I'll say something positive, I think the comparisons of Clauson and Blaine are spot on, with one exception, prior to his final season we had heard of Clauson, I will be amazed if he gets drafted top ten.

Everyone will bag on Newton, but honestly it wouldn't destroy the franchise, Newton could become a good to great player, unless he gets arrested for stealing another computer, I don't think he will be a bust in the NFL. Say what you want about Vince Young, after his rookie season there were a lot of people here wishing we would have drafted him. I think Cam is more Mature than Young, he is a proven winner (in his one year) and is a great personality for the team. Please remember this team need an identification, Cam Newton could be the face of our franchise for the next ten years.

:thumbsup: and welcome to the board

In the 2nd I think we can draft Wilson...this is where everyone will say he is a first rounder...but, if you'll recall he had a rather serious neck injury not to long ago, many teams will be scarred off by this, and he will end up in Buffalo!

I'll say something positive, I think the comparisons of Clauson and Blaine are spot on, with one exception, prior to his final season we had heard of Clauson, I will be amazed if he gets drafted top ten.

Everyone will bag on Newton, but honestly it wouldn't destroy the franchise, Newton could become a good to great player, unless he gets arrested for stealing another computer, I don't think he will be a bust in the NFL. Say what you want about Vince Young, after his rookie season there were a lot of people here wishing we would have drafted him. I think Cam is more Mature than Young, he is a proven winner (in his one year) and is a great personality for the team. Please remember this team need an identification, Cam Newton could be the face of our franchise for the next ten years.

In the 2nd I think we can draft Wilson...this is where everyone will say he is a first rounder...but, if you'll recall he had a rather serious neck injury not to long ago, many teams will be scarred off by this, and he will end up in Buffalo!

Most people that really follow college football knew who gabbert was in hs, when he was the nations #1-3 qb (depending on which scout/publication/analyst). You may not have heard of him, many other have. I agree with your newton assessment. If the bills draft him, I sure hope we're right. If the dolphins get him, I'm sure hope we're wrong.

1. Aside from elite level arm strength and very, very good mobility, not to mention prototypical size and measurables, sure Clausen and Gabbert are the same...

Sometimes I overlook stupid comments like these, but how the heck are they similar? Clausen had an average arm, mobility issues, and character Q's. Also, spell people names correct. It's not difficult.

2. So could Gabbert.

1. Aside from elite level arm strength and very, very good mobility, not to mention prototypical size and measurables, sure Clausen and Gabbert are the same...

Sometimes I overlook stupid comments like these, but how the heck are they similar? Clausen had an average arm, mobility issues, and character Q's. Also, spell people names correct. It's not difficult.

2. So could Gabbert.

"spell people names correct". Learn how to speak correctly, it's not difficult.

NFL DRAFT

Carolina pick- Marcell Dareus DT/DE- Carolina has lost in the past 2 yrs, Kris Jenkins, and Julius Peppers. They used to be built on the fear of their DL. They also drafted Jimmy Clausen in the 2nd round last year who lets face it, by many was said to be a top 5 pick. They got lucky with him and can put it in his hands again with him knowing hes the starter

Denver pick- Patrick Peterson CB- Obvious pick here. Peterson is the safest, best pick they could get and Denver doesnt really specifically NEED a certain player like most teams do. They are in position for a top pick and well there biggest need is secondary with Bailey up in years.

Buffalo Bills Pick

I consider there being 5 options right here primarily.

Option one is the new talk of the league, Von Miller. Some say that theres no way he fails, but thoughts of Aaron Maybin keep popping up with me and it scares me. A 245 pound OLB who is known for his speed scares me. Id stay away from him.

2nd option is Blane Gabbert who well know one had him in the top 20 till a few weeks after the season ended and i believe Mel Kiper mentioned him. Ive seen him play, ive seen how he throws and hes Clausen 2.0.

3rd option is probably the BPA right now and safest best- Da'Quan Bowers DE- Now this pick made me think alot when i first saw people mention it because some people compared his size and his style to Bruce Smith. 3-4 DE who gets after the QB is rare. But then I thought about it again. We have another player who was takin high up there last year by the name of Alex Carrington. Carrington did well last year and is 6-5 280 while Bowers is 6-3 280. Not sure bout build wise but this does tell me one things, Carrington can get his hands up which is a plus over Bowers. Carrington also came in the NFL considered a big man who can sack the QB. Id say we should try the Ravens style and have Carrington as Pryce, Williams as Greg and Troup as Ngata and take it from there

4th- Nic Fairly- Issues see above

5th- The most intreguing (spelled wrong) pick of the draft and most popular player all season. Heisman winner Cam Neuton. This is my pick and keep in mind going into the draft i hated Neuton and did not want a QB at 3. I have 5 facts for why Neuton

Fact 1- Gailey and mobile QBs click well- Ray Lucas, Kordell Stewart, Tyler Thigpen, and Ryan Fitzpatrick all had career years under the coaching of Gailey. Its a well known fact that Gailey likes fast QBs and with the attention paid to Vick during FA, hes looking for one

Fact 2- Gailey has been all over Cam so far. Eating dinner, bragging bout his mechanics talking bout how much he likes him as a person. Gailey has a thing for him.

Fact 3- Cam Neuton is a good mechanical better taught form of Tim Tebow. Buffalo seemed to want TeBow alot last year and seemed to take every chance they could to talk bout him. And there were rumors that we were trying to trade up for him.

Fact 4- Buddy Nix and Ralph Wilson both announced before the season and in the middle of the season, even while Fitz was lighting it up, that we are going to get a franchise QB this year.

Fact 5- Last and most importantly. Gailey and Nix telegraphed there pick last year talking highly of Spiller and this year is being linked to everything having to do with Neuton.

1st pick- Cam Neuton- QB

2nd Pick- Muhammed Wilkerson DE- Ok i have to be honest, outside of the 1st 15 picks i dont know much bout the DEs but looking at the write ups on this guy and his size, he looks really good and probably will slip to the 2nd. Looking at our needs right now at this pick, there is no S worth our time, OTs can wait till nxt year, TE is not worth it here, and i dont like the ILBs. So the BPA DE i think should be the pick

3rd Pick- Casey Mathews OLB- This guy is by far my favorite person in the draft and ive seen only a few games. He made so many game changing plays in his career and is so inspiring when he plays. He has that no way he can go wrong aspect in my eyes. I think hes the most underated player in the draft and idc what size he is, he plays like a monster.

4th pick- Robert Sands SS- This guy is incredible. Diving after balls coming from no where to make a hit, making a one yard gain painfull, we need him on our backfield. 6-5 220 pounds can cover alot of ground and is a very hard hitting S

This is my top 4 rounds, can anyone say we didnt improve?

Well...I want to say I appreciate the high effort level in taking the time to explain who you want the Bills to pick with the third overall pick in the draft and why. I like that you took the time and made a good effort to support your views. I agree with some of your views, but I disagree with several also. I'll try to share some of my feelings on the first pick and possibly beyond to the 2nd round etc...

I don't neccesarily think you are wrong with your first two picks. I think that M. Dareus has slowly edged up the draft charts the past few weeks. I think based on his season he would've been a #4-9 pick, but I think the combine helped him considerably as he probably outperformed Nick Fairley in that process. I don't think M. Dareus will be the first pick though...I don't agree with the pick, but I think that pick is reserved for either Cam Newton or Blaine Gabbert which is quite common for a QB to be chosen number one!

I do agree with you on Von Miller who was a super college football player the past year especially, but I think it's a high risk pick anywhere in the top 10 considering his lack of size. I think our mentality is ruined when thinking about how high the Bills were on Aaron Maybin when drafted despite being undersized for the position. Just not worth taking the chance, besides Buddy Nix made a comment which was something to the effect that we need to get some big or bigger players on the team. For too long we've had some tweeners and players shifting positions and just not being able to hold up near the line of scrimmage. We need some big people to help plug up things in the middle and slow down the opponents running game. Von Miller just isn't going to be able to assist much in that department at the NFL level. I think the Bills are strongly considering him despite my comments, but that doesn't surprise me any based on past drafts!

I really do not know where you get the opinion that Blaine Gabbert is the 2nd coming of Jimmy Claussen? This guy is extremely accurate. He can and does make all the necessary throws. He does get frazzled by pressure some, but has good senses and can use his legs to evade a sack. Blaine Gabbert is also of high character and has the reputation of being a good leader, and well respected. Jimmy Claussen carries an attitude of entitlement despite the fact that he hasn't accomplished anything in Carolina. He actually irritated many players on his team last year on the second day of training camp and beyond. He isn't necessarily well liked, and isn't known for his leadership ability which was average but abrasive at best. I don't see the comparison in these two players even though I'm not hoping the Bills use the 3rd pick in the draft on a QB.

The next part of your blog was just a bit screwy to me...sorry, but A. Carrington has done nothing yet to make anyone think that he will be anywhere near as good as Da'Quan Bowers! He barely even cracked the lineup at all in his rookie year. He wasn't as productive in college, and wasn't drafted as high, wasn't predicted to have the same success as Bowers in the NFL either...Just can't even go there! By the way Bowers can jump 2.5 inches higher than Carrington can so are you still saying that Carrington has an advantage blocking balls with his hands by being a inch or two taller? That stat is faily minor overall anyways. That's not what makes a DE good or bad by having the ability to deflect a ball. It can be an occasional good play as infrequently as it happens.

T. Troup played a few good games near the end of the season, but Ngata? Not anywhere near Ngatas talent as of yet! Just wanting guys that are on a roster based on being the similar size of star players on other teams doesn't make them as good as the stud players! Ngata was drafted early for a reason and usually it's a combination of talent and past performance in College.

So it took a while and you seemed all over the place, but you finally picked Cam Newton...I think Cam Newton is one of the biggest risks besides Fairly in the draft and probably bigger. Cam Newton has had some sticky issues and was accused of stealing a computer. I'm not clear on the outcome, but it seemed as if it may have involved the authorities from what I heard. I also reas that Cam Newton was caught cheating in College on one of his papers and got in trouble for it. His Dad is accused of selling Cam's services to other colleges, and supposedly Cam Newton had nothing to do with it...

He also blurts out comments about becoming a ICON an Enteratiner and stuff like that...He sounds as if he is entitled in his opinion and he also talks about himself in the third person which I think is a sign that he is self abosorbed. One NFL Scout actually said that Cam Newton seemed rehearsed and scripted in his answers and fake. He was turned off by that trait and prefers direct, honest, players that don't flash fake smiles at every encounter. I agree...he had a wonderful...ONE YEAR in College football, but I wouldn't risk anything before pick#34 on him and he will be gone in the top 15 picks for certain! probably a lot sooner than that!

I thought you were leading into selecting Da'Quan Bowers at DE which I was going to credit you as being very astute. I have given too much time and thought including research in the draft again this year, and from everything I've read and watched I have concluded so far that the right choice would be either Da'Quan Bowers or Marcell Dareus. I give the edge to Bowers as last year...in the NFL Draft guides they were trying to predict who NFL team would select in 2011 even though it was a full year away...and that player was Da'Quan Bowers at #1 a year prior!!! Nick Fairley and Marcell Dareus were not even projected to be in the first round let alone one of the top 5 picks! I think D.Bowers is the pick here...he has been consistent and is as safe as a pick could be!

By the way..the Bills have wined and dined several players, brought them to their facility and so have other teams and it doesn't really mean too much. The Bills will probably wine and dine about 10-15 players that are prospective first rounders and they can't get them all...

Casey Matthews was a good college player...he sure has a brother who is bigger and can really play in the NFL...The NFL pedigree is there in Matthews name, but I think that will be about all for this player as he is severely hindered by his lack of size. I do not think he will be able to motor it and will his way like his brother considering his shortcomings. I think if anything Matthews may slide into the 4th round.

Lastly, if the Bills wanted Tebow so bad last year they would've either picked him with their first pick or traded up to ensure they got him...I think the Bills liked him if the Bills got good value in where they would've selected him, but they weren't willing to reach for him and didn't !!! I don't think Tebow will be a star in the NFL and I am glad we passed on both him and Claussen !!!

Bowers or Dareus, but I'd prefer to move down to the 5-9 range, still get a excellent player and pick up a couple of extra picks!

2. So could Gabbert.

my apologies to the Clausen family for misspelling their name.

as far as the comparisons to Clausen and Gabbert, it is a result of his game against Nebraska, the only game I can say I watched from beginning to end. In that single game, I saw a player struggle against one of the better college secondaries, one that will produce a 1st round CB and maybe 2 later round safeties. Gabbert did not look like a NFL QB on that day. I am only speaking for myself when I say, I was not comparing measurable. I am comparing potential early success in the NFL. Having seen only 1 full game and bits and pieces of others, my feelings were, from what I saw, he will struggle in the NFL, much like Clausen did.

But, if we want to compare stats feel free, in a spread offense in Gabbert's Junior year he threw for 16 tds and 9 ints, while Clausen threw for 28 tds and only 4 ints, nearly twice as many TDs and half the ints. So I guess Clausen is better, oh also Clausen played in a pro style offense.

"spell people names correct". Learn how to speak correctly, it's not difficult.

Consistently misspelling a name while driving home a point is more annoying to me then a random grammatical SNAFU. But thanks for pointing it out to me.

my apologies to the Clausen family for misspelling their name.

as far as the comparisons to Clausen and Gabbert, it is a result of his game against Nebraska, the only game I can say I watched from beginning to end. In that single game, I saw a player struggle against one of the better college secondaries, one that will produce a 1st round CB and maybe 2 later round safeties. Gabbert did not look like a NFL QB on that day. I am only speaking for myself when I say, I was not comparing measurable. I am comparing potential early success in the NFL. Having seen only 1 full game and bits and pieces of others, my feelings were, from what I saw, he will struggle in the NFL, much like Clausen did.

But, if we want to compare stats feel free, in a spread offense in Gabbert's Junior year he threw for 16 tds and 9 ints, while Clausen threw for 28 tds and only 4 ints, nearly twice as many TDs and half the ints. So I guess Clausen is better, oh also Clausen played in a pro style offense.

Fair enough. Nebraska made a lot of good QBs look shaky, a credit to their coaching staff and team.

As far as Gabbert's stats, check out his Sophomore year. Those numbers better reflect his skill/potential to succeed in the NFL. My biggest worry concerning him is his drop-off from Soph to Junior year. The majority of the elite prospects this year had a so-so Soph year followed by a big Junior year. Gabbert is the exact opposite.