Marvin Lewis at FSU's pro day

Ramius

FSU's pro day was yesterday, and i figured it was worth noting that Marvin Lewis was the only HC in attendance. No word on which GMs and/or scouts were there. It appears cincy is hot after a QB.

Then again I could be way off base. Given the lockout and Mike Brown's dubious ownership, Marvin Lewis might be the only scout for the bengals this offseason, hence the reason he was here.

Edited by Ramius

I always heard rumors that Cinci had a “skelton” scouting staff, which is believable considering they don’t even have an indoor practice facility. But the other day I heard on Mike and Mike that they actually don’t have a scouting staff. Thats right, no scouts - NONE. I don’t know how true this is or not, but I guess there is a chance lol. I am pretty sure that the two Brown boys (sons of the Owner) run the draft. Unfortunately they have had better drafts the last 5 years with no staff than our entire FO has had.

Good thing the Bills pick infront of the Bengals in round 2.

Ponder #34 wouldn't be a bad choice.

Yeah, but the Pats pick ahead of the Bills, and we all know how eager Billy Boy is to trade down. If he can swap places with the Bengals, screw the Bills out of a QB, and pick up an additional pick he'll do it in a heartbeat.

I always heard rumors that Cinci had a “skelton” scouting staff, which is believable considering they don’t even have an indoor practice facility. But the other day I heard on Mike and Mike that they actually don’t have a scouting staff. Thats right, no scouts - NONE. I don’t know how true this is or not, but I guess there is a chance lol. I am pretty sure that the two Brown boys (sons of the Owner) run the draft. Unfortunately they have had better drafts the last 5 years with no staff than our entire FO has had.

I've heard smallest by a wide margin. I don't believe none unless they just pull off kipers big board... But I suppose that would trump us.

There have been many Bills drafts that would have been better if they had followed that route.

Let's cut to the chase- we could've put the top 250 names in a hat and pulled one randomly and done better then a handful of our first rounders this last decade.

FSU's pro day was yesterday, and i figured it was worth noting that Marvin Lewis was the only HC in attendance. No word on which GMs and/or scouts were there. It appears cincy is hot after a QB.

Then again I could be way off base. Given the lockout and Mike Brown's dubious ownership, Marvin Lewis might be the only scout for the bengals this offseason, hence the reason he was here.

It doesn't matter what the Bengals want unless they trade up with Carolina or Denver, and as long as our Buddy uses his head and gets us a quarterback, we have our choice before them. I also read that they might be pretty high on Ponder the FSU QB, which most likely would still be available to them in with the second pick in the second round.

Edited by billsfreak