Latest Sporting News Mock Draft and Super 99

Here's a link to the latest Sporting News war room mock draft. Has us picking Gabbert #3 (not my favorite projection).

Sporting News mock draft updated March 15th

What I find even more interesting is their "Super 99" rankings. Check them out:

Sporting News Super 99

Peterson is ranked #26? Jabaal Sheard, a guy who played for Wannstedt at Pitt and who I don't even see in most first round mocks, ranked #13 in the whole draft? Ahead of the likes of Aldon Smith, Cam Heyward and Ryan Kerrigan?

What do you think? Are these guys geniuses or are they nuts?

The Bills have so many needs, I'd lean towards trading down if I could.

Personally, I like looking at the Draft "bottom up," seeing what the Draft gives me later.

I like Ray Dominguez of Arkansas, think he is much better than Demarcus Love. I think he could be a good ORT value in rounds 4-5 or so. I like Iowa's Jeremiha Hunter at LB, ILB in 3-4. Weslye Saunders is worth a lower pick as a project, is really a First Round caliber TE with a minor injury and some character questions, but not really bad character questions. I like Willie Smith, OT, East Carolina, but he is really not a rookie starter right now.

My favorite really low rated QB is Ben Chappell of Indiana. Needs work on his throwing motion - too much wind-up - but he has a lot of experience and is worth a late pick, made great throws against top competition over and over, only to watch the IU defense give it all right back.

I like C Sampson Genus of the University Somewhere in Florida (Tampa is not in "south" Florida), but the Bills would need to spend a late 7th to land him, because he will stay in Florida if undrafted. "Too short" according to the gurus, too good according to those he destroyed on the field, the last ones being Jarvis Jenkins and others from Clemson. Genus is a "great athlete," and could also make it at DT and FB.

I think JJ Watt is a superior player ideally suited to play in Buffalo.

I also think Cam Newton, if he "falls" to 3, might be just too tempting, off the scale natural ability, but raw, dumb, and arrogant... might not take well to losing in cold weather...

One thing to say about their mock draft is if it really broke the way they project, all four of these players are available at the top of round 2. Bills win no matter what the Pats* do at that point:

J.J. Watt

Akeem Ayers

Justin Houston

Nate Solder

Which is probably exactly why they are wrong, now that I think about it...

I love it! What are the Bills doing with #3? QB? DL? Trade down? Why is a guaranteed mid 1st rounder like Kerrigan visiting? Why Peterson?

IF a QB comes off the board #1 or #2, the Bills are going to see some desperado GM's looking to cough up a big chunk of draft picks to get the #3 spot as Cincy needs a QB at #4.

The Bills are doing a great job of not telegraphing. Nobody knows for sure what theyre going to do....I really think theyre doing due diligence on all possibilities.

Gives me a shred of hope for a trade down and a gutting of the team looking to get up to #3.

Fairley is the only guy I want at 3.

Seriously, bothering with trying to follow "who is talking to who" now is a complete waste of time. No NFL GM is honest publicly Jan-April. And why would they be honest? Do the Bills want the Pats and others to know who the Bills want?

Al Davis once paid an impostor to visit Miami claiming to be a prospect the Fins were interested in...

The media reports of "who is talking to who," other than the contract of the First overall pick, are a total waste of time.

Rather, if you are curious about a prospect, trying Googling him for video. If you can't find him, find his team, their last game, and type that into Google. That way you can see such prospects as Davon House of New Mexico State. And if 15 teams have Davon in for a private visit, just remember, only one can pick him, and it might not be from the 15 either...