Peterson to visit Bills

Beerball

I think the part where superior return skills and athleticism are hiding sometimes suspect coverage skills. I think that pp7 is one of those guys that will have to learn the intricacies of footwork and no wasted steps. His hips might get him into trouble still. In college his speed and size helped hide some questions from coming up. I think some electric plays helped hide some missing pieces. Will he be very good? Probably. I don't think the he's clearly revis at corner and reed at safety posts are at all fair to anyone though.

+1.

40 time, weight, and vertical will not make him elite. He might be a very good player, but I don't see the coverage and ball skills to make him Revis or Reed.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also consider Cro could never play strong safety. Peterson could be a terrific one. No guarantees, but the potential is there.

i dont think peterson would love it, but i wouldnt be surprised if at some point it did come to fruition. i dont think he is a guy that pulls up to avoid a tackle like cromartie, but i dont think he is a guy that wants to get his nose in there unless he has to.

i dunno - like we seem to agree - i think he gets off on the big play, not on making the tackle on a run, or holding a guy to 2 catches. i think his goal is to get the ball in his hands and score. from that perspective i dont think hed mind being a centerfielder for some defense should he be pulled off corner. its a style of corner play that lends itself to boom or bust, not a safe pick like people call him. just thinking out loud at this point, not so much a well developed opinion ive come to like some of my previous posts.

i also know hes a huge cowboys fan and can already see jerry backing the truck up to his house and dumping out bags of cash when his first contract expires if we draft him. if we arent going to reinvest in these secondary guys after rookie deals, its a massive disaster to take him. if we are committed to keep him for a career, it would help mitigate some of my dont draft peterson sentiment right now.

If we draft peterson, all i hope is that he becomes a great player. If he is/turns into a great player, it will do nothing but benefit the team.

Sure. Drafting first round defensive backs and running backs when your lines are small and weak is the only way to travel! :thumbsup: Too bad it's only a #3. It would have been great to use the #1 overall on a defensive back, right?