Funny Buddy Nix Links + Rd 1 Pick

Buddy Nix Rant

I believe the Bills first round pick will be California 3-4 defensive end Cameron Jordan. Buddy Nix has said that the Bill need at least two more 3-4 ends, and I think Jordan is a rare enough talent to take at #3. Here is a really good review of him:

Cameron Jordan Review

-Mike

I'm in full agreement, the signs are there but I don't think they would go top three with him. I think this guy is going to be one of the top DE of the draft. He has all the moves and looks like a man among boys when playing. Tough to block. In the reviews I read on the senior bowl Cam Jordan and Justin Houston were clearly the best prospects by far. By the look of your draft you probably read the same review.

Edited by VADC Bills

Buddy Nix Rant

I believe the Bills first round pick will be California 3-4 defensive end Cameron Jordan. Buddy Nix has said that the Bill need at least two more 3-4 ends, and I think Jordan is a rare enough talent to take at #3. Here is a really good review of him:

Cameron Jordan Review

-Mike

I know Buddy has a sense of humor and likes to play the "I'm just a simple guy" thing. I cannot laugh at Buddy's schitck until I see some results. Still waiting on that.

If we draft Jordan at #3 I would say at least we addressed the right position. From what I have seen he looks very good but I am no draftnik. I suspect there will be many that call it a reach but I would be ok with it.

I'm in full agreement, the signs are there but I don't think they would go top three with him. I think this guy is going to be one of the top DE of the draft. He has all the moves and looks like a man among boys when playing. Tough to block. In the reviews I read on the senior bowl Cam Jordan and Justin Houston were clearly the best prospects by far. By the look of your draft you probably read the same review.

Funny, cuz all the reviews I read said that Von Miller was clearly the best player on the field and the best LB. I guess I was reading the "wrong" reviews. All 9 of them

If we could trade down and get him, I'm all for it. I'd rather draft Peterson over Jordan at 3....and while I like Peterson, he's not one of my top 5 choices. Dareus, Fairley, Miller, Newton or Gabbert are the best 5 choices for us IMO.

Edited by NewEra

Buddy Nix Rant

Cameron Jordan Review

-Mike

with a pick as high as ours, i don't want to get a rare enough talent. I want a full out badass Bruce Smith-esque player. Someone who can change the game every time they step on the field.

with a pick as high as ours, i don't want to get a rare enough talent. I want a full out badass Bruce Smith-esque player. Someone who can change the game every time they step on the field.

Its the third overall pick in the draft. This guy should be dominant in all phases and have an immediate impact at one of the games most crucial positions. He should be quicker, faster, stronger, bigger, and better at football than everyone else who plays their position not just in college, but most of the guys in who are in the NFL already.

Thinking in those terms, the only argument for not taking Dareus or Fairley is that they are both gone by pick 3.

Edited by Thoner7

Like to trade down and get instead of burning a number 3.

Trading down and still getting Cameron Jordan would be ideal. However, If I was a betting man, I wouldn't bet on Buddy Nix trading out of that pick.

I just look at stats and watch tape, what review were you looking at? Sounds like a good review.

I totally agree with you, but I don't think there are any better options for the Bills. The only other guy who might make sense is Georgia WR A.J. Green. He's an impact player. I just really feel strongly that Buddy wants a 3-4 DE with this pick.

It’s the third overall pick in the draft. This guy should be dominant in all phases and have an immediate impact at one of the games most crucial positions. He should be quicker, faster, stronger, bigger, and better at football than everyone else who plays their position not just in college, but most of the guys in who are in the NFL already.

Thinking in those terms, the only argument for not taking Dareus or Fairley is that they are both gone by pick 3.

Another possible argument for those two guys is that they don't necessarily fit the 3-4 scheme. Cameron Jordan fits the 3-4 scheme perfectly. 6'4'' 287 pounds, can push the pocket back, can rush the passer, and has experience in the 3-4. Dareus and Fairley are good players, but they strike me as 4-3 DT fits. I might be reading too much into fit instead of just looking at the player, but it is definitely something to consider. In addition, I feel that Cameron Jordan is on equal talent level as those two guys. The fact that he played in a 3-4 limited his statistical production, however, the impact he had on games was huge in my opinion. The guy is an absolute force.

Funny, cuz all the reviews I read said that Von Miller was clearly the best player on the field and the best LB. I guess I was reading the "wrong" reviews. All 9 of them

If we could trade down and get him, I'm all for it. I'd rather draft Peterson over Jordan at 3....and while I like Peterson, he's not one of my top 5 choices. Dareus, Fairley, Miller, Newton or Gabbert are the best 5 choices for us IMO.

Definitely reading something wrong 3 tackles is not dominating. I watched all the practices and the game so I'm suprised anyone would call his Senior Bowl performance dominant.

Cam Jordan is a stud and will be a top ten pick.

It will be called a reach but what's the Bills on draft day without the term reach.

I agree that Dareaus is pretty much a sure thing, but it's also pretty much a sure thing he is going to Denver at #2.

I like Von Miller, but I think he is overrated because of his workouts. Miller does not have the size and strength to play against the run in the NFL (this is the last thing we need). He seems like a misfit. Kind of like Aaron Maybin. Yup, I said it.

I would be very disappointed if the Bills selected Patrick Peterson. While he's a really good corner, the Bills arguably have three #1 corners; Drayton Florence, Terrence McGee, and the up and coming Leodis McKelvin.