Carson Palmer & the effect on the draft..

I completely disagree with your assessment of all the QBs. Most people have Newton and Gabbert as the 2 top tier QBs, and Locker's stock has been RISING since the combine, when he was lit up Indianapolis. Also, you're forgetting that as the draft gets closer and closer, QBs will be rated higher and higher. I'd honestly be surprised if at least 3 QBs didn't go in the top 10.

I'd bet a significant amount of money against 3 QB's going in the top ten. I don't believe that 3 will go in the first round.

trade with Cincy, since they might be paranoid if we start getting offers at #3.. Then we still get our shot at a top DL and extra picks.

i've been championing this thought for a while...pick up a nice 2nd rounder for them to move up and then even trade down further and pick up another! maybe zona wants to trade their 2nd and then with us sitting at 5 and peterson sitting on the board perhaps the cowboys want to make a move to get the best d man in the draft. we then are free to take cameron jordan and then have 3 2nd's to take an ilb, te and right tackle.

i've been championing this thought for a while...pick up a nice 2nd rounder for them to move up and then even trade down further and pick up another! maybe zona wants to trade their 2nd and then with us sitting at 5 and peterson sitting on the board perhaps the cowboys want to make a move to get the best d man in the draft. we then are free to take cameron jordan and then have 3 2nd's to take an ilb, te and right tackle.

I would love for this to play out that way but this not Madden 2012. We definitely should trade down if the opportunity comes.