I yelled at & hung up on Verizon today

Albany,n.y.

We will never be united enough in this country to change stuff like this... Especially foreign call centers. No matter who you talk to up the chain.

The best thing to do... Just hurt them in the pocket and stop buying all this consumer crap we don't need anyway... Yeah again, see my first sentence.

"Your drinking what they're selling."

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which, in most cases, is not actually a supervisor, FWiW.

:lol:

Even in other lines of work, I love this one... It is like when somebody I am working with gets an irate boater... Technically speaking when on shift... I am the supervisor... (even know we would both swing or get thrown under the bus if somebody should get killed or hurt, me probably more) That is non-Monday thru Friday 8-4. :wallbash: :wallbash:

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

actually in lieu of asking for a supervisor, asking him politely to look up the information you need...or even just hanging up...you chose to personally insult the guy and come on here and brag about your dickishness.

so yeah, that's why no one here seems to have your back.

I guess I'll take that.

Must be Albany's fault, right? Or someone else's? it's impossible for the call center guy to take ownership of what he's doing and actually try and answer the questions? God forbid he comes back with "Sir, if you give me a second I can look that up for you" or something else remotely helpful to at least signal he is actually listening? I know, he only makes $3 an hour, he's not given this, he's not given that. It's not his fault, he's only doing what he's told. Whatever. Have fun in the call center, and take what you get for the effort you give.

Which, in most cases, is not actually a supervisor, FWiW.

In most cases you are correct. More likely than not the "supervisor" is just a call center rep who works in the U.S. The corporate execs don't usually stop by to have him weigh in on strategic policy initiatives before they make a move.

Edited by Rob's House

I guess I'll take that.

Must be Albany's fault, right? Or someone else's? it's impossible for the call center guy to take ownership of what he's doing and actually try and answer the questions? God forbid he comes back with "Sir, if you give me a second I can look that up for you" or something else remotely helpful to at least signal he is actually listening? I know, he only makes $3 an hour, he's not given this, he's not given that. It's not his fault, he's only doing what he's told. Whatever. Have fun in the call center, and take what you get for the effort you give.

Because yelling at him is going to be productive, right?

Edited by BlueFire

Because yelling at him is going to be productive, right?

Why is it about productivity? Heck, it's not even about the knowledge level of the guy on the phone. In this case it seems like a courtesy call. Not to speak for him, but it's about being heard I think. Heck, I bet Albany would have been good with a "Hey, I don't know, but you can check out verizon.com for more detailed info", not just the next line on the script.

I think our definitions of yelling are quite different. I didn't scream at the guy, just slightly raised my voice and voiced my annoyance at his lack of knowledge to do his job. My yelling is probably your whispering.

so some foreign guy pissed you off. so what?

who cares if you yelled or not. now you're sounding like a wimp.

Why is it about productivity? Heck, it's not even about the knowledge level of the guy on the phone. In this case it seems like a courtesy call. Not to speak for him, but it's about being heard I think. Heck, I bet Albany would have been good with a "Hey, I don't know, but you can check out verizon.com for more detailed info", not just the next line on the script.

Is it cool if I call you up and B word you out for a while the next time I'm pissed off about something?

OK, speaking of Verizon...well Verizon wireless. I've had somewhat poor cell phone reception at my house since I've moved here. Now it's just horrible. I can't even send text messages half the time let alone make a phone call. Why would it just all the sudden up and change like that? Very frustrating! :wallbash: