Quarterbacks Behaving Badly

CosmicBills

QBs Behaving Badly  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these acts offended you more?

• Mike Vick's Dog Fighting
    • Big Ben's two counts of alleged sexual assault

So your just grammar policing on an extreme level... sweet

Read my original post I'm not personally offended by any of this but I understood the op and poll to read which of these do you feel is the worse action.

Btw sweet 80s reference..........

No. Bad. Words mean things. Like, the difference between the definition of the word "meaning" vs. the definition of the word "grammar". They don't mean the same thing, and having an opinion, and being offended, don't mean the same thing either.

You specifically used them as though they are interchangeable, they are not, and I simply pointed that out.

If you aren't offended by any of this, and, since the phoniness of "being offended" is central to my post above, then either you have no real issue with my post, or, you are a moron.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rumors Of Ben's sex misconduct have been floating since he was in college. He is a bad guy. If he was not making mega millions because he was blessed with football genes, he would likly be in prison or an ex-con.

Vick is no saint, for sure, but rape is ugly and to me, where there are several instances of smoke, there is a fire.

Which one do people consider more likely to get into serious trouble again?

Actually, Ben. Vick has handlers and does not have bad habits that are uncontrollable. Bens habits are going to surface every time he has a few beers. Child moestors and rapists do not (CAN not) change.

Neuter him if you really want to be sure.

Actually, Ben. Vick has handlers and does not have bad habits that are uncontrollable. Bens habits are going to surface every time he has a few beers. Child moestors and rapists do not (CAN not) change.

Neuter him if you really want to be sure.

Vick has exhibited a whole bunch of psychopathic traits. That's considered "uncontrollable". Big Benny, while I am pretty convinced that he is a creep, has mostly "circumstantial" evidence, and lot's of "he said/she said" type of situations, so there is a chance that he is just an arrogant, immature, chauvanistic,and entitled fool that has been so coddled that he thinks no woman should resist his charms. I could see, with the way athletes are treated these days (gee, it appears the Jets have their own "happy-ending" staff), that actually being the case with Big Benny.

I expect Vick will be back in jail eventually (though some would contend that the fact that he is black puts him at odds with "The Man", and works against him, and I tend to agree).

I really think they are both just wealthy and talented losers.

Vick has exhibited a whole bunch of psychopathic traits. That's considered "uncontrollable". Big Benny, while I am pretty convinced that he is a creep, has mostly "circumstantial" evidence, and lot's of "he said/she said" type of situations, so there is a chance that he is just an arrogant, immature, chauvanistic,and entitled fool that has been so coddled that he thinks no woman should resist his charms. I could see, with the way athletes are treated these days (gee, it appears the Jets have their own "happy-ending" staff), that actually being the case with Big Benny.

I expect Vick will be back in jail eventually (though some would contend that the fact that he is black puts him at odds with "The Man", and works against him, and I tend to agree).

Marcus Vick seems headed to the big house also, it's a family of psychos.

The guard at the bathroom door episode speaks to deeper issues for Ben as well, IMO.

Still I think the nature of Ben's problem makes him the more likely to re-offend and when he does...

He should move to Cambodia or El Salvador, there, a couple of grand to the police after the fact, and you can do pretty much whatever you want, no repercussions.

I just don't believe we have the evidence to say that.

Exactly, they had witnesses, including the girl herself, police officers, and other people at the bar. The DA with all of that determined that there wasn't anything that proved he committed a crime. The girl willingly got drunk and went in alone with Ben, that was admitted by everyone. Regardless of proof, he is a scumbag, I am not arguing that. But no one knows for sure that he necessarily did anything illegal.

Vick knowingly, intentionally, repeatedly, while sober, and just for fun, tortured defenseless dogs in sick ways I hope most of us couldn't conceive. If you are a "people before dogs" person fine, but that doesn't excuse Vick's mind set while doing this. Also this is a known crime against unwilling participants. The fact that he said he's "sorry" doesn't have anything to do with it, the question is what is wrong with Vick that he could do that in the first place. In fact Ben said he's "sorry" too.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Rumors Of Ben's sex misconduct have been floating since he was in college. He is a bad guy. If he was not making mega millions because he was blessed with football genes, he would likly be in prison or an ex-con.

Vick is no saint, for sure, but rape is ugly and to me, where there are several instances of smoke, there is a fire.

If Ben was convicted of, or even charged with rape I'll agree with you. The problem is there is no proof then Ben ever raped anyone, or ever tried. The accusation was sexual assault, which is different and was still unproven. Regardless, Ben is a scumbag and should be castrated, no question.

My point is, being a scumbag doesn't necessarily make you a criminal. You'd be surprised, I bet a lot people here who drink or go the bars are borderline "Ben" when they are drunk.

Vick is without question a criminal, with a sick, twisted thought process. He is also surrounded by other scumbags such as his brother.

Can't we just hate them both? The scary thing is, there was talk about the Bill's possibly trading for BOTH of these guys last year...

----Great thread by the way. This sparked some serious debate, and is a change of pace from the endless "who should we draft?" posts...---

Edited by Turbosrrgood

From OCinbuffalo:

"The state of "being offended" is not a substitute for action, for doing something positive to improve your community. Instead, it's a selfish and/or wannabe "see, my opinion does matter" act. The retarded "victimhood" culture is directly responsible for this nonsense. Time to get a grip. "

Well said... I would like to see that statement plastered all over some of the political blogs I go to.

However some people would probably be offended by the word "retarded," it is socially acceptable to say "person with special needs." :doh:

Edited by judman

I love my dog.... But an animal stands little weight when compared to a young woman being taken advantage of by a chubby slob of an NFL QB

that is "great" only because of his team. Big Ben = Trent Dilfer. Did Ben's 4 missing games hurt them? Nope.

BTrent Dilferminus rapes = Big Ben. And minus hair

What do you assume the psychopathic Vick will be arrested for that will land him back in jail? You sound like a hater dude.

If Ben was convicted of, or even charged with rape I'll agree with you. The problem is there is no proof then Ben ever raped anyone, or ever tried. The accusation was sexual assault, which is different and was still unproven. Regardless, Ben is a scumbag and should be castrated, no question.

My point is, being a scumbag doesn't necessarily make you a criminal. You'd be surprised, I bet a lot people here who drink or go the bars are borderline "Ben" when they are drunk.

Vick is without question a criminal, with a sick, twisted thought process. He is also surrounded by other scumbags such as his brother.

Can't we just hate them both? The scary thing is, there was talk about the Bill's possibly trading for BOTH of these guys last year...

----Great thread by the way. This sparked some serious debate, and is a change of pace from the endless "who should we draft?" posts...---

I guarantee the majority of Bills fans would love to have traded for Vick a year ago after watching his play this year. You can harp over the dog fighting that Michael Vick participated in the past for so long before you come off as a hater. Obviously, the guy has changed and moved on from those days.

What do you assume the psychopathic Vick will be arrested for that will land him back in jail? You sound like a hater dude.

I guarantee the majority of Bills fans would love to have traded for Vick a year ago after watching his play this year. You can harp over the dog fighting that Michael Vick participated in the past for so long before you come off as a hater. Obviously, the guy has changed and moved on from those days.

That's fine, I am a hater. The guy is a sick dirt bag, you won't catch me rooting for him. And its not about the dog fighting for me, its about the sick torture and abuse he did to these animals repeatedly and just for fun. He played great last year I won't dispute that, but it didn't get them any farther than McNabb. Besides, regardless of the criminal stuff, I would say "no thanks" to another injury prone player that has almost no chance of playing a full year without getting hurt.

"obviously, the guy has changed" Really? What is so obvious about that? You think he really "changed", or is playing along for the MILLIONS of dollars and his career?...

Edited by Turbosrrgood

i was more offended by vick abusing dogs. but i think big ben is more of a scumbag, if that makes sense.

like someone said before, dog-fighting and the abuse, torture, etc. that goes with it is part of many regional/historic cultures. not my cup of tea, but i'm not really mad at vick about it. and i may be wrong, but the crimes he was convicted of were related to gambling and tax evasion, not the treatment of the animals. the reason it's so offensive to me is because i can't help but picture a family friendly yellow lab pet being abused. and that's really offensive. but the rational part of me knows that these are not the same type of animals. they are almost feral- bred to battle. it's still not right IMO, but more understandable and completely different than the psycho kid who tortures his neighbor's cat.

big ben might be an !@#$ but that in and of itself is not a crime. rape is rape and abuse is abuse, but i can't help but wonder if big ben has become a victim of his ungentlemanly ways. not that i feel bad for him, but i think what is most likely is that he associates himself with drunk promiscuous sluts. if there wasn't anything to gain by accusing him of sexual assault, i doubt these women would have come forward. just the feeling i get about ben. it's different than the guy that dresses up in black and breaks in a home to commit these crimes. i don't know what happened in that bar's bathroom, but i think it's just a case of regret on the chick's part, realizing she's just another slut and not the future mrs. big ben. she prolly thought she'd have the last laugh but it looks like she's wrong.

Amazing, the results so far indicate that people think less of someone who is still "innocent until proven guilty." My we as a culture as very funny.

Actually, the first allegation against BR was all but proven to be fabricated, so the whole premise of the question is b.s.

Regardless, I didn't vote for either because I wasn't "offended" by either situation. Thank you OC for articulating my thoughts on that matter:

C. Although I recognize both crimes as crimes that require justice, I don't recognize my, or anyone other than the people directly affected, right to be personally offended by any of it.

Too many people running around thinking they are allowed to be offended by too many things. Did Vick kill your dog? No. Did Ben mess with your sister/daughter? No. Did any of this happen within 50 miles of your house? No.

If somebody you don't know, kills 15 people you don't know, 3 states away, are you....offended? Of course you aren't. None of you have the right to be personally offended by any of this, no more so than you were "offended"(read: couldn't care less) by the number of anonymous rapes and murders of humans, never mind dogs, last night alone. However, dog raping may be an exception....:D

In all cases, please :rolleyes: , the rest of us do not exist in a state of perpetual tiptoeing around your precious sensibilities, because we are sooooo worried that we might offend you, or because you have a sister/daughter, or a dog. If the easily "offended" :rolleyes: spent .5 of the time they spend "being offended" and babbling about it, on something useful like volunteering, or God forbid, on their kids, we'd all be better for it.

Selective "being offended" is driven by one thing: celebrity status. Otherwise known as "phony as hell". If you need DMZ, or Huffington Nonsense, to tell you that you should be offended by something that has exactly 0 to do with you, on any level...it's time to re-evaluate your reason for being.

The state of "being offended" is not a substitute for action, for doing something positive to improve your community. Instead, it's a selfish and/or wannabe "see, my opinion does matter" act. The retarded "victimhood" culture is directly responsible for this nonsense. Time to get a grip.

i was more offended by vick abusing dogs. but i think big ben is more of a scumbag, if that makes sense.

That does make sense, Ben is clearly a scumbag...Where as Vick is just sick in the head, and lacking intelligence.

they are almost feral- bred to battle. it's still not right IMO, but more understandable and completely different than the psycho kid who tortures his neighbor's cat.

This part doesn't make so much sense. How is maiming and torturing a dog any better or worse than killing other small animals for fun?

The one with the actual conviction.

There was a whole end to the story with Ben that you're not bothering to read...but don't cloud this good argument with facts...it's not as juicy then

The other good part about all of the votes for Ben is that if 95% of you were out, and some hot little coed was following you around and wanted you to give it to her...it would be a dream come true. Probably the first time many got !@#$ing laid.

On the bright side...how many of you could drown a dog? Just hold it underwater until it stopped moving? How about electrocuting a dog? I sure as !@#$ couldn't and it would haunt me for the rest of my life to behave like that, as would it a large percentage of the people here.

You just can't wrap your head around the dog thing...it's not real to you. The dude that can pull ass wherever he goes...you've never liked him. Especially the big dude that could kick the !@#$ out of you, and still !@#$ the hottest chick in the bar. Oh yeah, he's a multi-millionaire, too.