Falcons RT - Tyson Clabo

Ironically, Clabo was signed by the Chargers in 2004 and waived after 6 days. I wonder who their Pro Personnel Director was back then? ;)

Clabo-Falcons Website

Would be a good signing, but the GM would rather sleep during free agency if that ever comes. Who do the Raiders plan on getting rid of from their OL?

What are you trying to say here? That Nix saw something in Clabo (who was a UFDA btw) and sent him to the PS squad so he could be developed by their coaching staff?

Ironically, Clabo was signed by the Chargers in 2004 and waived after 6 days. I wonder who their Pro Personnel Director was back then? ;)

Clabo-Falcons Website

Would be a good signing, but the GM would rather sleep during free agency if that ever comes. Who do the Raiders plan on getting rid of from their OL?

now there is some interesting trivia!

Also, Even though they aren't going to franchise him, I bet they still re-sign him once a CBA is in place. That seems to be dragging most of these extensions.

What are you trying to say here? That Nix saw something in Clabo (who was a UFDA btw) and sent him to the PS squad so he could be developed by their coaching staff?

Well, we read a lot on TBD about Nix being a top 5 talent evaluator, which isn't something I've read from NFL folks . Clabo was cut by a few teams, but I'm making the point that the GM isn't as flawless in talent evaluation as many would like him to be. Attributing all the personnel success in SD must include the poor moves, such as signing David Boston and missing on guys they signed off the street, like Clabo.

Well, we read a lot on TBD about Nix being a top 5 talent evaluator, which isn't something I've read from NFL folks . Clabo was cut by a few teams, but I'm making the point that the GM isn't as flawless in talent evaluation as many would like him to be. Attributing all the personnel success in SD must include the poor moves, such as signing David Boston and missing on guys they signed off the street, like Clabo.

Maybe Alex Spanos scouted him?

No front office is going to get all of their personnel moves to work out. That includes the best front offices in the leauge, such as the Pats, Colts, Packers, Steelers, Eagles etc. Sometimes a player move doesn't work out for a particular team yet that same player on another team with slightly different circumstances thrives.

Players such as Clabo, Colon etc are not necessarily going to dramatically improve your team. That doesn't mean that adding those types of players to your roster won't make your team better. Even marginally getting better is favorable to being statically bad.

The David Boston situation was an interesting case. He was a very juiced up player whose prior performances were chemically enhanced. When he got to San Diego his physical reality came home to roost.

Edited by JohnC