Wonderlic test

Helpmenow

Improving from being an overmatched OL to being a mediocre isn't much of a compliment.

In general, I agree with you that a bottom feeding team shouldn't draft RBs with a first round pick. But they did. Were dealing with a franchise not noted for its wisdom. This is a Ralph Wilson franchise. Do you need to be reminded? Quirky decisions are the norm for this very odd franchise.

Chan Gailey saw a struggling rookie on the field. He replaced him with a more effective player in Jackson. That doesn't mean that Spiller isn't going to be a superb player.

I will add you to my I Told You So list when Spiller starts exploding through the tight holes for his scintillating runs. You come right after Bill from NYC. LOL

On this, I will be happy to be proven wrong!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On this, I will be happy to be proven wrong!

Trying to be positive about the decision-making of this erratic front office is a challenge. It can beat you down if you let it. You don't know how many times I have said WTF trying to understand the incomprehensible. When you have a marketing guru placed in charge of the football operation you can't cry about. Just chuckle at the absurdity of it all. And then wait for the season to quickly end so you can discuss the next draft.

I think 20 was only acceptble if you were in the typsetting business! 17 was right.

Anyway, I'd rather have the guy you describe also, but there is no evidence he has any of those attriutes so far (his college success is meaningless). Other low scoring RBs (Peterson, Johnson, etc..) recently have had great rookie years. Spiller's own coach, an offensive mastermind, couldn't find anything for this kid to do in an offense starving to score points this year.

I definitely agree in a general sense. Processing data, finding patterns etc can't hurt come gameday. But if I have to choose with heavy feet and large brain or athletic freak that drools - clearly RB is a position you can lean towards slow of head. Slow of foot is a larger issue. That said, any top ten player, I don't want huge glaring weakness if possible. Not that we know if this is any issue in spiller...

I've got no problem with people bashing Spiller for his lack of production on the field. There needs to be (and i believe there will be) vast improvement in year 2.

What is disgusting is the people calling him a retard, learning disabled, shiftless, lazy, and a variety of things that are simply untrue, all because he didn't run for 1000 yards. This would be a non-topic if he had a good season, so its kinda sick that people will use this to go to such lengths to trash the kid even though it was nothing to do with his production on the field.

Ah, yeah I try to filter out the.... less civilized... of our fans.

But either way, Spiller stunk last season, I sure hope we get some use of our money.

Love how Bleacher report was cited. Can we give up on that site? It is kids in their basement.

Also, if anyone wonders about CJ's intelligence, follow him on twitter. He types like he speaks - and he reminds me of Lynch when he is doing so...