This is why you have to draft well

All guys that we have talked about trying to get.....David Harris.....Mankins......etc etc

Teams DONT LET THEIR GOOD PLAYERS GET AWAY

Thats why you HAVE TO draft well....you just dont know who is gonna be available

Well duh

Good teams keep their players and draft well. The Bills insist on letting talent go because they were drafted to high.

Does anyone really think David harris is worth 17 million?

Buffalo drafted 8th and 26th in 2006, 12th in 2007, 11th in 2008, then 11th and 28th in 2009. That's six first rounders, of which McKelvin and Wood are the only guys under contract that will probably make the team in 2011. I don't think most Bills fans, especially homers, realize how horrible it is to come away with a backup CB and G/C from 6 first round picks.

If RW was committed to finding a real GM from 06-09 and not someone he knew personally, I have a feeling this team wouldn't be watching players like Haloti Ngata or David Harris get the franchise tag from other teams. They'd be in Bills uniforms on Sundays come September. But this is the price you pay when a nonagenarian and his bean counters are making decisions on how to staff a NFL front office and who they select during draft weekend. Four years wasted and another rebuild trudging slowly along.

I think most bills fans (especially the ones like me who spend around a grand every year on season tickets) understand exactly how pitiful the draft record has been billsvet.

It's really sad, and there is no good excuse for it. I, like you and the OP, knew all along players like Harris wouldn't be available to the Bills this year, but this board is where some of the less informed like to post their pipe dreams.

I think most bills fans (especially the ones like me who spend around a grand every year on season tickets) understand exactly how pitiful the draft record has been billsvet.

It's really sad, and there is no good excuse for it. I, like you and the OP, knew all along players like Harris wouldn't be available to the Bills this year, but this board is where some of the less informed like to post their pipe dreams.

But has anything really changed at OBD? I've never seen a franchise where the owner himself publicly defends his Director of College Scouting. What team has to trot their owner out to support someone who's down the totem pole of organizational power who happens to draw up the draft board for 9 years that have been so lackluster?

Despite hiring Buddy and Doug Whaley, I'll always have this sinking suspicion that RW or his people are "helping" to make picks on draft day. And if Cam Newton is the pick this year, well, we can all draw our own conclusions. That includes the homerish pollyanas who revel in whatever the team does, despite their woeful track record during the off-season's most important weekend.

There are worse things than being a Bills fan, but would someone please remind me what they are?? Bahahaha!

:bag:

How about being on national TV and losing your job after getting caught trolling for chicks shirtless on Craigs List. Oh yeah, and your wife and family get to read all the lying emails. Oh and do that right before Valentines Day.

Despite hiring Buddy and Doug Whaley, I'll always have this sinking suspicion that RW or his people are "helping" to make picks on draft day. And if Cam Newton is the pick this year, well, we can all draw our own conclusions. That includes the homerish pollyanas who revel in whatever the team does, despite their woeful track record during the off-season's most important weekend.

Geez, what's a Homerish Pollyanna to do?