No Matter Who You Want At #3

BuffaloBaumer

where would you take him?

Maybe trade back back into the 1st, maybe trade down, maybe he falls to the 2nd. Before Luck dropped out of the running Newton was considered a 2nd or 3rd round pick by many. Now all of the sudden he's being talked about as a top 5...I don't buy it. I like him, I'd just prefer one of the defensive studs at 3 or even green.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Maybe trade back back into the 1st, maybe trade down, maybe he falls to the 2nd. Before Luck dropped out of the running Newton was considered a 2nd or 3rd round pick by many. Now all of the sudden he's being talked about as a top 5...I don't buy it. I like him, I'd just prefer one of the defensive studs at 3 or even green.

Gotcha.

If the Bills like him and dont think he will last until the 2nd they will take him at 3. If they really believe they can move back and take him AND someone is willing, maybe they will.

Teams dont rate players all the same, some guys' skills sets dont fit their schemes or player preferences.

Teams dont look at players through the saem prism as analysts and fans. If they like a guy and he has a high grade they take him, whether or not he was called a 2nd round pick by someone else.

The Bills have so many holes to address its really hard to get this pick wrong, at least in terms of what position.

Gotcha.

If the Bills like him and dont think he will last until the 2nd they will take him at 3. If they really believe they can move back and take him AND someone is willing, maybe they will.

Teams dont rate players all the same, some guys' skills sets dont fit their schemes or player preferences.

Teams dont look at players through the saem prism as analysts and fans. If they like a guy and he has a high grade they take him, whether or not he was called a 2nd round pick by someone else.

The Bills have so many holes to address its really hard to get this pick wrong, at least in terms of what position.

I like Newton and wouldn't be mad if he was the pick at 3...I am just shell shocked from the long line of busts, and Newton is definitely more of a gamble that high than a guy like Luck.

I like Newton and wouldn't be mad if he was the pick at 3...I am just shell shocked from the long line of busts, and Newton is definitely more of a gamble that high than a guy like Luck.

Yes, true. But more of a gamble than a guy like say....... Fairley? He also only had one big year in college.

The bills will take the highest player on the board at #3 whether he's O or D.

No one had him as a 3rd and disconnected people had him as a second.

Newton at #10 to the Redskins has been the discussion for awhile.

No one had him as a 3rd and disconnected people had him as a second.

Newton at #10 to the Redskins has been the discussion for awhile.

I'm going back to before the national championship, and many people were talking about the strong QB draft class with Newton as a 2nd or 3rd. I still think its possible for him to have a "claussen" drop. He's got those question marks we hear every year, shotgun/option offense, wasn't asked to read the defense (except in regard to option plays), run first QB, questionable football IQ...

I do like him, there is every chance he could be the pick at 3...theres just as good of a chance he takes a big slide with so many other QB's being talked about.

I don't see Newton as a Shannahan type QB, I bet they take Ponder or Gabbert

We say that every year.

"This draft will set the tone for the next 10 years", "It's the most important/exciting draft since XXXX", and then the Bills go out and pick a bust.

The draft will only matter if the Bills choose wisely. Otherwise, eh. Time will tell.

Life as a Bills fan...

Edited by Turbosrrgood

I'm going back to before the national championship, and many people were talking about the strong QB draft class with Newton as a 2nd or 3rd. I still think its possible for him to have a "claussen" drop. He's got those question marks we hear every year, shotgun/option offense, wasn't asked to read the defense (except in regard to option plays), run first QB, questionable football IQ...

I do like him, there is every chance he could be the pick at 3...theres just as good of a chance he takes a big slide with so many other QB's being talked about.

I don't see Newton as a Shannahan type QB, I bet they take Ponder or Gabbert

Life as a Bills fan...

I gotcha. Yes before the SEC run, there was 3rd round talk.

There is always a QB thats pops to the top too. Bradford wasn't a look at #1 A lot of the talk around this time last year was #7 to Cleveland or lower.

Locker is awful, this guy is all hype no production. It's great to have "all the tools" and everything, but if you cant the broad side of a barn it won't do much good. Did you watch the "skills" competition? Not only could he not hit the targets, he wasn't even close.

The thought of Cam Newton running an option offense with spiller makes me all tingly in the special place...I still wouldn't take him at 3 though.

I'm not talking about Locker as an immediate starter. He needs to sit for a while and watch Fitz but he's not nearly as bad as some here think. I would take Newton over him but he will be gone by the second round.

After about 10 years of terrible 1st round selections I would be excited to get a great player worthy of his selection at #3 this year. I know everyone doesn't want to see a WR or CB but if AJ Green is there at #3 I would pull the trigger. He is the best all-around player in the draft and least likely to bust in my opinion (Megatron/Moss Type Player).

Denver loses their 1st round WR from last year to a 6-8 month injury(maybe longer). Are they going skill position now or defensive line?

I think because Brandon Lloyd finally lived up to his potential they won't be scrambling.

I thought D. Thomas was going to be a beast.

Elway and team would be foolish to bring him back for 2011. Thomas would actually be on track to be ready to try it for training camp 2012. He us young enough to maybe come back.

Denver loses their 1st round WR from last year to a 6-8 month injury(maybe longer). Are they going skill position now or defensive line?

I think because Brandon Lloyd finally lived up to his potential they won't be scrambling.

I thought D. Thomas was going to be a beast.

Elway and team would be foolish to bring him back for 2011. Thomas would actually be on track to be ready to try it for training camp 2012. He us young enough to maybe come back.

Some people will be jumping for joy and others will want to put their head through a wall. Honestly, I may be one of the few that will be happy with any pick other than DB or WR. If they think they got their guy at QB, it will be hard not to get excited. If they get a DT/DE or LB, it will go a long way as well. Looks like the Draft BBQ will resume after a 5 year absence.....

Sabres are on a roll, Bills are getting new uniforms, the temp is is the 40s next week and the Bills select..........Time to get that positive mojo goin' folks!

Agree, it is getting more exciting and I like what I see from the Sabres lately.

I want the Bills to adress the front 7 but they just might pick a DB in round 1. They could even pick a WR if they follow the BPA credo so be prepared.

Last year I was at an Irish Pub in Chicago when I saw them pick Spiller. I was surprised.

Can you imagine the reaction if the first 2 picks are skill positions like QB or CB leaving us with the choice of any of the top DL in this draft?

Never say never. In 2006 I was screaming with joy when the Raiders wasted the #7 on Huff. Not to be outdone wrt idiocy, the Bills took Whitner with the #8.

Here's my top five wish list for possible #3 picks that I would like to see the Bills draft, in order:

1. Bowers

2. Fairley

3. Quinn

4. Dareus

5. Green

I'd like to see the Bills draft Cam Newton if they pass up on everyone in my top five, instead of one of those CB's.

Edited by b.harami98

Here's my top five wish list for possible #3 picks that I would like to see the Bills draft, in order:

1. Bowers

2. Fairley

3. Quinn

4. Dareus

5. Green

I'd like to see the Bills draft Cam Newton if they pass up on everyone in my top five, instead of one of those CB's.

Keeping the same 5, I'd go:

1. Fairley/Dareus

3. Bowers

4. Quinn

5. Green

Edited by McD