Mark Sanchez

I guess you don't even realize that he wasn't talking about just sanchezs behavior but more your replies. His point was this behavior wouldn't be defended, it would be shamed. And here you are again, defending it, making excuses, and pointing fingers at the people that have done it before and those who brought it to light. Why is it so hard to say it was kind of a trashy move, and move on? I guess I just dont get why you are so adamant that if it's legal in a country, it's all good. If the law was changed to 21 tomorrow would you then condem him? I just don't really understand your point of view on this and it seems like you are more apt to give snarky or standoffish remarks rather then explain why you are so attached to legal=moral, and anyone who disagrees is nuts. I feel like everyone else is willing to function in a gray area in this discussion, and you are very black and white....

Ive already stated I dont think a guy who makes whoopee with a LEGAL female 7 years his junior is a big deal. If you want to talk morality, then you are truly opening up a huge gray area, where there is no right answer. If she was a minor then I would say he was wreckless because of the legal implications. But she wasn't. You and the other "oh gee wiz what happened to this idealic Ozzie and Harriett America" THAT NEVER EXISTED are the ones who need to get a grip and move on.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive already stated I dont think a guy who makes whoopee with a LEGAL female 7 years his junior is a big deal. If you want to talk morality, then you are truly opening up a huge gray area, where there is no right answer. If she was a minor then I would say he was wreckless because of the legal implications. But she wasn't. You and the other "oh gee wiz what happened to this idealic Ozzie and Harriett America" THAT NEVER EXISTED are the ones who need to get a grip and move on.

A person can only be reckless because of legal implications? So if a 65 mile an hour road is a sheet of ice and you continue to drive 65 because it is legal, is it possible you are being reckless?

It doesn't matter if Ozzie and Harriett existed or not. There could have been 12 billion dirt bags living back then for all I know. Just because there were 12 billion of them doesn't magically make them not dirt bags and it doesn't excuse Sanchez.

Fair enough. I guess I just don't get the hostility towards discussing morality. I know it's a gray area and there's no right or wrong, but I guess thats the only discussion to be had in this thread. He did X, Y, and Z.... It was legal. End of story? Why you even entered the debate confuses me at this point.

I feel like I've had a pretty good grip, as have the others - talking about the psychology of it, morals of it all, and societal issues.... It just seems to have you very angry compared to others that are leaning to your side on the debate. It seems like an issue with a lot of subtleties, and perspectives both in his part, the girls, and peoples reaction. I know my initial reaction didn't even take into account quite how extravagant her lifestyle of the rich and famous was, and how that changes things somewhat. Does it make her more mature or just think she's more mature? I feel like your response will be "LA LA LA i can't hear you LA LA LA it was legal LA LA LA" with your fingers in your ears. If that's the case, why continue?

I don't even see a picture. The deadspin article shows a cigarette and a lot of blacked out stuff.

The picture is in the OPs link.

The only outrageous aspect of this story is that the starting QB of a pro team that represents the NYC market settled for a fattie. Sanchez has a major case of Clintonitis here.

And no, the 17 year old is in no way a victim here. Believe it or not, girls like sex too. In fact, most American girls have lost their virginity by the time they graduate high school. So all you self-righteous morality pricks and churchies and uber-family men who populate this message board need to STFU already. Sanchez did what all heterosexual young men (including you) have been doing since the beginning of anthropological time: trying to bang younger women of fertile age.

I'm going to close this thread now, because quite frankly I can't stomach thinking about some of the shameless trash we have around here. It would be better for all of us if some people kept their opinions to themselves.