Who would want to go to the Super Bowl anyway???

boyst

Super Bowl XLV security

Every fan will be patted down and wanded. The local news here reported that up to 1,200 officials will be working the event and one of the bomb sniffing dogs can detect over 1,800 types of explosives. After parking, the cost of the ticket, and all of that fuss just to get in to the stadium I do not even think it would be worth it...unless the Bills were in it, and still, not even sure about that! Anyone else agree?

Also, it says the NFL will pay $5-6 million, does that mean the NFL will pay for all of this security? The EPA, FBI, the ATF, SWAT Teams, local police, etc, or do tax payers foot the bill?

I went to the last two of the Bills SB, but all three of the conference championships at Rich...now granted they lost, but have always thought the championship games were way more fun than the SuperBowl.

BTW, my estimate would be no more than 10% of people in attendance are spending their own money to go...and even then the 10% are writng it off on taxes some how so really only spending 50% of the cost

They eased up the warm weather restriction for the SB... NYC is getting the game. One of the mayoral candidates in Chicago suggested that the city put a bid in for the Bowl... Who knows? Maybe BFLO will be able to get a bid! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

joyboyst62, would you go then? :D

BTW, my estimate would be no more than 10% of people in attendance are spending their own money to go...and even then the 10% are writng it off on taxes some how so really only spending 50% of the cost

What a sad testament of what actually happens in our society.

joyboyst62, would you go then? :D

I would rather watch the game surrounded by actual Bills fans in a real fan enviroment. If the Bills were to make it I would give up Super Bowl tickets to a playoff game at home in a heartbeat! Super Bowl wise, take me to a Bills bar, or probably let me sit at home in front of my television where I can devote every second of the game to my attention...other then halftime, then it's nothing but the Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet.

I do not know how many of the board has been to games outside of the Ralph watching a non-Bills team but it is not the same. I have been to Lions and Panthers games, amongst other sporting events and they are usually boring, it's just not the same when you do not care about the game. The only exception I have to watching a sports event that I do not follow is going to Bowman Gray Stadium and watching the 1/4 mile races. If it is not the Sabres, Buckeyes, Bills, Blue Devils, or Yankees I will never get in to the event fully. That is why I wonder just how many people would actually enjoy the Super Bowl...if it were not the Bills.

Super Bowl XLV security

Every fan will be patted down and wanded. The local news here reported that up to 1,200 officials will be working the event and one of the bomb sniffing dogs can detect over 1,800 types of explosives. After parking, the cost of the ticket, and all of that fuss just to get in to the stadium I do not even think it would be worth it...unless the Bills were in it, and still, not even sure about that! Anyone else agree?

Also, it says the NFL will pay $5-6 million, does that mean the NFL will pay for all of this security? The EPA, FBI, the ATF, SWAT Teams, local police, etc, or do tax payers foot the bill?

One of the things that's been on my bucket list is to attend a Superbowl, but I'm ready to drop it from the list. Just give me another Bills home playoff game, and I'll be happy. The $$ you have to lay out to go the a Superbowl is ridiculous. (I should have gone to XXV! . . :wallbash: )

Edited by Mr_Blizzard