Where are they now... Travis Henry

rocwocka

Don't hate the playa, hate the game. Yet seriously, a shame Donahoe got wrapped up in Willis McGahee as one has to wonder had we drafted say Eric Steinbach or Dallas Clark instead what Travis could have done here long term.

except donahoe probably saw what was on the horizon. i think at that time he had quite a few kids already and I believe he had failed a few drug tests. this has been hashed over a few times. Remember how quickly he was suspended in 05 for violating the drug policy? He had a few strikes against him already.

Obviously the bills should/coulda/woulda went about it a little differently, like oh maybe trading a two time 1300+ rusher before the draft, but hindsight is always 20/20.

I liked the white pants with the blue jerseys.

Don't know why they went to the hideous all blue thing...

Pretty sure our scouting director does not actually make trades. :thumbsup:

Well he certainly hasn't drafted anyone of value for the past 10 years... :flirt:

either that or give her a facial blast...unless that is he didn't have the stamina to even get it out in time...

2 words:

Laziness

Stupidity

Having anything like those numbers of children with so many different mothers signifies a definite mental deficit.

I noticed a recurring theme on that list: "personally guaranteed loans". That is almost always a huge mistake if you are investing in some risky business scheme. It's one thing if you are starting your own business (doing something you know about) and will be working 80 hours a week to make it a success, but for guys like this to just toss out cash and then sign up for a big loan on top of it for some half-baked restaurant or real estate deal is just terrible.

It's sad that these guys either don't get any intelligent advice or are too stupid to listen if they do.

A-men!

It's the domestic equivalent of falling for some idiot Nigerian scheme of suddenly being awarded millions...provided you send them all of your information to "qualify". Interesting, but how did I win if they don't already have my information?

Traditionally it seemed that boxers were most hamstrung by economic stupidity. Figured they became too punchy, trusting some bottom-feeding scum bag to manage their winnings.

Football is a dangerous sport with violent, high speed collisions. The research on concussions is well documented.

But how can they be so blessed with athletic ability but suffer from a severe vacuum in between the ears?

except donahoe probably saw what was on the horizon. i think at that time he had quite a few kids already and I believe he had failed a few drug tests. this has been hashed over a few times. Remember how quickly he was suspended in 05 for violating the drug policy? He had a few strikes against him already.

Obviously the bills should/coulda/woulda went about it a little differently, like oh maybe trading a two time 1300+ rusher before the draft, but hindsight is always 20/20.

And how sad was that?

McGahee turned out to be a total douche, and as far as football on the field is concerned, minus his fumbling problems Henry was a bowling ball when he played for us. A tank! I was sad to see him leave.

Then all of that "baby mama" idiocy came to light, and I said good riddance.

For what it's worth, from a friend who's close to the team - Travis was dumber than a box of rocks. Hopefully his offspring inherit brains from their moms . .

Well, their mom's were seduced by Travis Henry...

They don't include the Bills as one of Marlin Briscoe's teams. From Wikipedia, "He led Buffalo in touchdown catches in each of his three seasons there and in receptions twice. In 1970 he was in the top two in receptions and receiving yards and became an All-Pro."

I noticed that also. I was like WTF? I remember watching that year. He was special.

Edited by seq004

I noticed a recurring theme on that list: "personally guaranteed loans". That is almost always a huge mistake if you are investing in some risky business scheme. It's one thing if you are starting your own business (doing something you know about) and will be working 80 hours a week to make it a success, but for guys like this to just toss out cash and then sign up for a big loan on top of it for some half-baked restaurant or real estate deal is just terrible.

It's sad that these guys either don't get any intelligent advice or are too stupid to listen if they do.

It is doubtful that they would have received the loans without the clause.

Loved Travis Henry the player.......:(

Me, too. I thought nobody ran harder for a little while there. He always gave you effort. I guess someone must have told him the end zone was full of coke and tail.

Don't hate the playa, hate the game. Yet seriously, a shame Donahoe got wrapped up in Willis McGahee as one has to wonder had we drafted say Eric Steinbach or Dallas Clark instead what Travis could have done here long term.

He could have fathered a little league team in Buffalo.

Me, too. I thought nobody ran harder for a little while there. He always gave you effort. I guess someone must have told him the end zone was full of coke and tail.

He could have fathered a little league team in Buffalo.

With 11 kids, he has half of a football team. What a great legacy to be remembered by. Maybe we can enshrine him here in Buffalo for building an entire generation of welfare kids.