Kevin Kolb may be available....

Buftex

How on Earth do we know which QBs in this draft are elite, or not elite. We don't know that. No one does. Cam Newton is big, athletic, has never lost a game in college, but yet gets trashed by everyone and called a "project". Same issue everyone had with Tim Tebow. Now he plays in a game, and everyone sees the potential he has. Tebow and Cam Newton are similar in many ways. They are football players first and foremost. A great football player will find a way to be great. Now the Broncos have their franchise QB, and we are still playing around with journeyman Ryan Fitzpatrick. No teams win without a franchise QB. That is the most obvious fact you can see every single season. You dont think Sam Bradford had tons of questions, Ben Roethlisberger, Philip Rivers, Joe Flacco, Matt Ryan, Matthew Stafford?? Every year teams ignore the critics and roll the dice on these quarterbacks, and to be honest first round quarterbacks in the last 8 or 9 years have worked out more often than not. Our defense needs drastic help, but you can only do one thing at a time. This is a very deep QB class, and I would love to get our starter once and for all.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How on Earth do we know which QBs in this draft are elite, or not elite. We don't know that. No one does. Cam Newton is big, athletic, has never lost a game in college.

Do you mean to tell me in one whole season of college ball, he never lost a game? That's unbelievable! It's like, something that only happens twice a year.

That's a pedigree that includes the likes of NFL stars such as

Josh Heupel

Chris Weinke

Craig Krenzel

Jared Zebransky

Alex Smith

Matt Leinart

Jason Campbell

Vince Young

Matt Leinart

Sign me up. Cam just wins.

How on Earth do we know which QBs in this draft are elite, or not elite. We don't know that. No one does. Cam Newton is big, athletic, has never lost a game in college, but yet gets trashed by everyone and called a "project". Same issue everyone had with Tim Tebow. Now he plays in a game, and everyone sees the potential he has. Tebow and Cam Newton are similar in many ways. They are football players first and foremost. A great football player will find a way to be great. Now the Broncos have their franchise QB, and we are still playing around with journeyman Ryan Fitzpatrick. No teams win without a franchise QB. That is the most obvious fact you can see every single season. You dont think Sam Bradford had tons of questions, Ben Roethlisberger, Philip Rivers, Joe Flacco, Matt Ryan, Matthew Stafford?? Every year teams ignore the critics and roll the dice on these quarterbacks, and to be honest first round quarterbacks in the last 8 or 9 years have worked out more often than not. Our defense needs drastic help, but you can only do one thing at a time. This is a very deep QB class, and I would love to get our starter once and for all.

Really? Tebow is the next John Elway for the Broncos? Seems a bit early.

Do you mean to tell me in one whole season of college ball, he never lost a game? That's unbelievable! It's like, something that only happens twice a year.

Josh Heupel

Chris Weinke

Craig Krenzel

Jared Zebransky

Alex Smith

Matt Leinart

Jason Campbell

Vince Young

Matt Leinart

You forgot Ken Dorsey

The dude has a 3-4 record and has had 11 TD's and 10 INT's in his last/only 7 starts. He's not worth anything.

So, because he has that record, and that ratio of tds/ints, means he is worthless as an NFL quarterback? With that logic, you likely would have cut many future all-pro and hall-of-fame quarterbacks.

That would almost be as bad if I said to get him because he looked very good in the two (partial) games I saw.

He did look good, looked very poised.

Josh Heupel

Chris Weinke

Craig Krenzel

Jared Zebransky

Alex Smith

Matt Leinart

Jason Campbell

Vince Young

Matt Leinart

Really?? Those guys never lost a college football game?? Those guys won both heisman trophys, and national championships?? Afraid not. Get your facts straight genius. The guy played one season. Yes I have to say if you dont think that its unbelievable that in ONE SEASON of play the man went undefeated, won a national title, and the heisman trophy then you are a bigger moron than your post indicates.

Really? Tebow is the next John Elway for the Broncos? Seems a bit early.

LOL I certainly never said he was the next Elway. I said he definitely showed the promise as a rookie that he is going to be the franchise guy. He is a first round draft pick who was drafted to be the next franchise QB for Denver. He did nothing at all to show he won't be the guy that expected. Ryan Fitzpatrick has shown us he is not that guy. All I am saying is hit or miss, we need to bring our franchise QB in. If he doesn't work out well thats too bad. At the end of it we can say we brought in a franchise quarterback to lead the team, and it either worked out or didnt. Not a Trent Edwards, not a Ryan Fitzpatrick, not a JP Losman (first rounder but after all the good QBs were taken), but a real high budget franchise QB. Once and for all!!

Really?? Those guys never lost a college football game?? Those guys won both heisman trophys, and national championships?? Afraid not. Get your facts straight genius. The guy played one season. Yes I have to say if you dont think that its unbelievable that in ONE SEASON of play the man went undefeated, won a national title, and the heisman trophy then you are a bigger moron than your post indicates.

LOL I certainly never said he was the next Elway. I said he definitely showed the promise as a rookie that he is going to be the franchise guy. He is a first round draft pick who was drafted to be the next franchise QB for Denver. He did nothing at all to show he won't be the guy that expected. Ryan Fitzpatrick has shown us he is not that guy. All I am saying is hit or miss, we need to bring our franchise QB in. If he doesn't work out well thats too bad. At the end of it we can say we brought in a franchise quarterback to lead the team, and it either worked out or didnt. Not a Trent Edwards, not a Ryan Fitzpatrick, not a JP Losman (first rounder but after all the good QBs were taken), but a real high budget franchise QB. Once and for all!!

This thread is turning into a poorman's McD thread.

Do you REALLY want to go down the road of naming all the Heisman winners that were NFL stars in the past 20 years? The list of national championship QBs would generate a comparable set of NFL failures.

Let's not.

These guys each quarterbacked their teams to at least one undefeated college season in longer careers for the most part, but I should have figured I'd have to spell out every detail. The point is that one season of good play is all Cam Newton has. Plenty of guys have led their teams to undefeated seasons. That doesn't mean jack in the NFL. That you have to resort to name-calling indicates how bankrupt your position is.

College success is just one determinant of potential NFL success, among many. I am not strictly anti-Newton; I am, however, firmly on the record as saying I hope the Bills are doing all their homework on a guy who has one season of college success - a formula that generated the Aaron Maybin draft pick, among others. Carry on with the insults, and with the firm analysis of such measurables as "Heisman-ness" and "winnerosity."